Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moment of silence marred in Sakhnin
By Ali Gali, Oren Yermiyahu and Moshe Boker

Bnei Sakhnin's efforts yesterday to secure a ticket to Europe were marred by fans who booed during a moment of silence in memory of the yeshiva students murdered Thursday. The Israel Football Association called for the moment of silence. Sakhnin spokesman Mundar Haleileh insisted his club honored the moment of silence, "but we don't have full control over all fans. The association made the decision, and perhaps mixing politics with soccer is a matter to be discussed." The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Sakhnin midfielder Khaled Khalaula commented, "It's a shame the crowd acted like this and didn't stand for the moment of silence." Team chair Mazen Genaim congratulated "the majority" who did honor the gesture, "but there was a handful of people frustrated socioeconomically, and the stands are a place for them to unleash their frustration."

With Sakhnin out of the State Cup and unable to challenge for the league lead, only 2,000 fans attended. The team looked tired and unable to focus, particularly in the first half when Itay Shechter gave Netanya a 1-0 lead in the 33rd minute. However, the team that wants a place in next year's UEFA Cup pulled itself together, as Basem scored the equalizer in the 60th minute.

Netanya skipper Reuven Atar said of the game, "We deserved victory but it didn't happen." Having failed to defeat Sakhnin for the third time this season he added, "Collecting points against Sakhnin doesn't work for us." Sakhnin's coach Elisha Levy said he was "very satisfied" with his team's performance.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What does the supporters of Sachnin and their followers have to say about this?

victims:

May g-d give rest for our sons....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
May they rest in peace!!

And of course a terrible attitude from Sakhnin fans. If this was an act from Beitar then the IFA would be punishing them seriously and the arabs would be making a scandal, but this will certainly be quiet in the media right now.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is insane....thats what i been telling people? Double standards in the IFA....

If i was an IFA chairman, i would disallow them to be in Euorpe for next year as a punishment...... This is really disgusting..they should be the most hated them right now in the Leuage...but Maccabi Haifa, another terrorist sponsoring team, treats them like an Arab step son!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sakhnin should have points deducted. Fans represent a team, and they should be responsible for the actions of there fans, even if its a small part of them.

Kappa, what is wrong with you??

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
That is impossible I think, unless the IFA has special rules regarding this sort of incidents. You cannot deduct or disallow a team from Europe for things beyond their control, unless the rules clearly specify exceptional cases. As much as this is disgusting to read, the Sakhnin players or board have no control about their fans so I doubt that rules allow any deducation of points?

What would be an appropriate punishment, is to have them playing several games with no fans, closed doors. That way you punish the fans who behaved badly because they cannot go to the games of their club. Also, the club gets no money as no people can buy tickets for those games, so this will encourage them to take sanctions against those people who behaved badly, they could easily identify those people and ban them from further games.

The attitude of those people is disgusting, they give their own club a bad name and this will not really help peace negotiations at all.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
That is impossible I think, unless the IFA has special rules regarding this sort of incidents. You cannot deduct or disallow a team from Europe for things beyond their control, unless the rules clearly specify exceptional cases. As much as this is disgusting to read, the Sakhnin players or board have no control about their fans so I doubt that rules allow any deducation of points?

What would be an appropriate punishment, is to have them playing several games with no fans, closed doors. That way you punish the fans who behaved badly because they cannot go to the games of their club. Also, the club gets no money as no people can buy tickets for those games, so this will encourage them to take sanctions against those people who behaved badly, they could easily identify those people and ban them from further games.

The attitude of those people is disgusting, they give their own club a bad name and this will not really help peace negotiations at all.
Yes, this punishment is correct. The problem is that sometimes there are double standards. Beitar was punished to play closed doors because of somes acts by a section of their fans. Why wasn't Sakhnin punished?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
This occurs not only in Israel. In general in countries with some delicate political issues, the FAs nowadays try to protect the minorities that had to suffer in the past, and therefor are more tolerant towards those. If they'd punish Sakhnin as hard as Beitar, the non-jewish minority would see it as a racist act, and I guess the IFA doesn't want that reputation. It is quite silly really, they should punish every team with the same standards, after all it isn't that difficult to just behave in a stadium and those who cannot do that deserve a sanction.

Personally I think all forms of racism should be severely punished as they are a cancer in football and society. But you cannot deduct points from a club because a fan behaves badly I think. To punish the fans that behaved badly, just sanction the club with a few games behind closed doors. That is the way you punish the fans more than the club, after all it's their fans who behaved in a shameful way while the players and board probably felt really embarrassed as well.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
kappa chill out, and watch your mouth about haifa....
ואם אתם אולכים לדבר על משהו פוליטי אז לכתוב בעברית!! ברקו אתה גם צריך לשמור על מה שאתה כותב ואם אתם רוצים לדבר על ערבים אין בעייה אבל לא באנגלית

sachnin should be punished along with nazareth elit who were worst than sachnin, but it is true that not all sachnin fans booed the moment of silence and as a matter of fact the group which honoured the silence was very angry with the ones who didn't and a fight almost broke out among the fans

·
Registered
485 Posts
Whats wrong with you?
8 kids who studied religion just died.........
Kappa dont be stupid. I know what happened in Jerusalem.

Quote Kappa: "but Maccabi Haifa, another terrorist sponsoring team"

Are you f**king kidding me, are you actually going to stand by your comment.

Yarok, I agree with what you wrote in Hebrew, but I cant write in Hebrew too well :-(

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Why would Haifa be terrorist-sponsoring? Because they've let Sachnin use their stadium?? You cannot blame Maccabi Haifa for trying to reach their hand towards the Arab minority, it is a pity that this minority behaved in such a shameful way during this game but that Maccabi Haifa tries to help a fellow team regardless of their ethnic background isn't a bad thing I'd say. I wonder though if the incident will have any influence on Haifa's attitude towards helping out Bnei Sachnin.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ירוק OLE!;6176488 said:
kappa chill out, and watch your mouth about haifa....
ואם אתם אולכים לדבר על משהו פוליטי אז לכתוב בעברית!! ברקו אתה גם צריך לשמור על מה שאתה כותב ואם אתם רוצים לדבר על ערבים אין בעייה אבל לא באנגלית
Ein Li Evrit...
Im mad :mad: Ani lo b'haaretz!

sachnin should be punished along with nazareth elit who were worst than sachnin, but it is true that not all sachnin fans booed the moment of silence and as a matter of fact the group which honoured the silence was very angry with the ones who didn't and a fight almost broke out among the fans
Nazaret Illit or Ahi Nazaret? What did they do? :confused:

Kappa dont be stupid. I know what happened in Jerusalem.

Quote Kappa: "but Maccabi Haifa, another terrorist sponsoring team"

Are you f**king kidding me, are you actually going to stand by your comment.
:mad:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If Haifa would refuse to help a team purely based on Arabic origins, they'd be making sort of the same mistake as Sachnin now: showing no respect for people of different racial origin. You blame Sachnin for this (and that is only right) but you'd blame Maccabi Haifa for not doing the same thing?
Look...
there fans call us fascists so we call them terroirsts...
its a war of words :nono:

...and they started it :dontcare:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
i mean achi nazareth...they were alot worst then sachnin, they didn't even hesistate not to respect the silence but everyone is all over sachnin because they're a big club...either way i doubt they'll be punished, our IFA never comes thorugh when it comes to serious punishments.

also, if you don't have hebrew letters then write hebrew with latin letters

הכל יותר טוה מאשר לכתוב באנגלית שכל הערבים ויפי נפש באתר הזה יתכילו לזיין שכל

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Point is: the fans behaviour is something the club board or players cannot control. So the honest punishment would be to not punish the club but the fans: games behind closed doors (OK, indirectly the club is also punished as they miss out money from ticket sales... But still, it is a more fair punishment than deducting points. The players and board seem very embarrassed by the fans' behaviour so it's not the club but the fans that have been a disgrace)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts