Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea are ready to fight it out with Milan to sign Parma striker Alberto Gilardino in the summer.
Reports in Italy suggest that The Blues will launch a €20 million bid to sign the 22-year-old marksman, who had looked set to join Serie A giants Milan.
Parma's relationship with Milan means that they are still favourites to land Gilardino, but everybody knows that Roman Abramovich's money could be very persuasive.
With Mateja Kezman misfiring when given his chance at Stamford Bridge, Jose Mourinho has targeted Gilardino as a big addition to his squad in the summer.
Real Madrid have also been in the running to land Gilardino, who has bagged 12 goals in 24 starts for Parma this season.
It seems highly unlikely that Gilardino will remain in Parma for next season, and it now looks like the Italian side will be holding an auction in the summer for their talented striker
source : Sky Sports
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be a bad thing if We lose Gila!! Don't u think!!
If u watched his recent 2 goals & his game against Russia u will know

Real are also reported to be in the race but probably milan are the closed for his signature, i really hope Ancelotti will do what proves that he admires Gilardino.. Imagine him in the MILAN shirt.. Oh my God!!! :drool:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Maybe he goes to Chelsea, but I think he prefers Milan, to swear the mitical jersey of last champions (Baresi, Van Basten, Maldini, Sheva, Kakà etc).

Let see what's happen

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree :) & hope so :)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
First of all I think the deal is done with Gila coming to Milan,Next of all he also said that he'd like to stay in Italy.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
'cough' silly rumour... Chelsea = linked with every good and better player

·
Registered
890 Posts
JKris said:
'cough' silly rumour... Chelsea = linked with every good and better player
yea, it seems that chelski will buy all of players who are talented and wanted by other :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its the wrong time for him to join chelsea. he isnt retiring as yet and there would be no need for the retirement village league as yet :tongue:

Gilardino would be wise to join Milan or at least another big italian team, for his sake anyway. if he leaves italy, i think its safe to say his future with the NT is in doubt.

·
Registered
194 Posts
CUG said:
Gilardino would be wise to join Milan or at least another big italian team, for his sake anyway. if he leaves italy, i think its safe to say his future with the NT is in doubt.
Agreed! It happened to many of Italians before... :doh:

Every player links to Chelsea only because of its purchasing/spending power :wth: ...quite annoying sometimes :wallbang:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i just think of Mutu at Chelsea and see how he was first played there and it kind of makes me wonder why Gilardino would want to play for them.

Chelsea are a very good team no doubt, but i dont think its a good environment for a young italian star to join just when he is starting to get NT playing time. It isnt easy to just leave your country and play for a team in a totally different culture as such.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Gilardino won't be leaving Italy,like many young players leaving Italy doesn't seem like a good choice.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The news stories we heard and the signs we saw all point to Milan having already grabbed the signature of Gilardino. If that is the case then I think it is unlikely for any club to sign him unless we want to sell him.

Personally I think that he is ours and I would be very surprised to see him not wearing a Milan jersey next season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts