• HD-DVD

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone turn this into a poll please?

Blu-Ray has a strong (mainly movie industry and of course PS3) backing, but HD DVD have Intel and Microsoft.

Its of course hard to judge who would come on top, but who are you leaning towards? ;)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
On purely technological merits, Blue Ray has several times the capacity, no? In that case it's really a no brainer. There will always be standards-wars though..

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Hell.. I haven't even understand the diff of dvd+ and dvd-...

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Antzh said:
Hell.. I haven't even understand the diff of dvd+ and dvd-...
As far as I'm aware (as a user), there's no real difference. Either your drive reads - or + or both, just a matter of using the right one. Both have the same capacities as far as I know..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Saw an HD-DVD at a local audio/video store (they had one imported from Japan to sell JVC TV's) and it was amazing. The quality is so much better than DVD's. Havn't seen Blu-ray yet, so I can't comment, however I think HD-DVD's may be cheaper in the end because they are easier to produce.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
numerodix said:
On purely technological merits, Blue Ray has several times the capacity, no? In that case it's really a no brainer. There will always be standards-wars though..
Not really, as far as I know Blu-Ray has a 50GB capacity while HD-DVD has 45GB.

Not a big advantage considering HD-DVDs will be cheaper, as Brian says.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am looking forward to HD-DVD players coming out. I am very lucky when it comes to film exuipment and have an HD Video camera and shoot most of my material in HD. But I always have to dumb it down to SD and then squash it into a 4:3 screen size cause most people have junk TVs and no one (in Australia at least) has an HD-DVD player.

So I long for the day when I can release all of my productions on HD-DVD. ;d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts