Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what to think. Can we kiss Germany goodbye? I hope not...I know with other coaches Ukraine has been doing this well before, but this could really shake up this team :(...What do you all think?

·
Registered
67,975 Posts
Basically the Yuschenko clan wants Blokhin to either be the NT coach or stick to politics only. I'm sure this has nothing to do with Blokhin being half-Russian and pro-Russia, no, that can't be it at all.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In ways, im disappointed, but in most ways, I tip my hat to Yushchenko. Good riddance to Blokhin. I still think we will make Germany. I dont know who our new coach will be though...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's a man of his words. He has done a good job so far....Things in Ukraine are changing for the better as we speak. I hope, even though Im a true Dynamo fan, that surkis in next. Then akhmetov. I will move back to Ukraine when things get better, and I know alot of people who will as well/ Probably when they join the EU, but that wouldnt be for 7 or 8 years. Personally, I hope I dont have to wait that long. Regardless, how good our Football club teams are wont influence my decision at all. If anything, once these crooked mobsters are finished, there will be more Ukrainians on the teams, which will only help our national team.
Which, leads me to the next question. Would you rather have strong club teams, but a weak National team, weak clubs, but a strong national team, or average clubs and average National team??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldnt mind bringing in a foreign coach. Most other top teams have them, maybe if Ukraine had one, we would be a top 20 team. I dont know how you guys feel about this, though..

·
Registered
67,975 Posts
True-Kozak said:
He's a man of his words. He has done a good job so far....Things in Ukraine are changing for the better as we speak. I hope, even though Im a true Dynamo fan, that surkis in next. Then akhmetov. I will move back to Ukraine when things get better, and I know alot of people who will as well/ Probably when they join the EU, but that wouldnt be for 7 or 8 years. Personally, I hope I dont have to wait that long. Regardless, how good our Football club teams are wont influence my decision at all. If anything, once these crooked mobsters are finished, there will be more Ukrainians on the teams, which will only help our national team.
Which, leads me to the next question. Would you rather have strong club teams, but a weak National team, weak clubs, but a strong national team, or average clubs and average National team??
Let me just say, that there is no way Akhmetov will get ousted from Shaktyor. I don't think even Yuschenko would have the nerve to push the Donbas's buttons like this. He already has comfortable support in Kiev, but intrusion into Donetsk will validate the people's fear of him.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
sheva can kiss germany goodbye

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Well supposedly Semen Altman (the man behind Blokhin) will be taking care of the national team now. And there is no need for foreign crap to coach us...plenty of talent in our own country. Altman I think will do a decent job.

Im a bit pissed off though...I understand the whole Yuschenko ripple thing thats going on...but what the hell?! Why do it to the symbol of the country on the 'verge' of qualification??!! I dont know maybe Ukraine will still qualify (and I hope they do) but if its not broken why fix it?

Oh and there is NO WAY Akhmetov is going anywhere. That club is his, and Yuschenko would be wise not to play around in Donetsk period. (Right you are Dmitriy)

As with the whole stong NT/ weak clubs thing...The way it is now is fine. Both above average...3.5/4 stars out of five.

Sheva? Bah- so much for thinking about the rest of the team- I rather see Voronin, Tymoschuk and Nesmachnyi on the world stage. Sheva has already proved himself on the elite level...

Vitaly

·
Registered
910 Posts
I thought Blokhin was better then this, I guess he was scum all along.

He's a member of the communist party? To hell with him, lets move on.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Tip ur hat to Yuschenko for what bro?
For taking out the trash.

Don't get me wrong, I thought that Blokhin was a good football coach but to resign in the middle of this successful campaign shows his character.

·
Registered
667 Posts
And the reason is why exactly? I thought he was doing a pretty good job, I don't see how his political involvement interfered with his coaching job.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yuschenko wants to fix football in Ukraine, the pressure was on Blokhin to choose between the team or the party. If he chose the team, then Yuschenko would of won. But Blokhin doesn't want to represent a Ukraine under Viktor Yuschenko.

I don't understand Blokhin and his communist party, what are they going to do for the next 4 years.. play Command & Conquer Red Alert on their PC?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Why does he care about football in Ukraine, I had never even heard that he was a football fan before. And how is firing a successful coach going to fix Ukrainian football? How does he even know what's good for Ukrainian football? Looks just like another political move. You might not like Blokhin, but he is a legend and has done a very good job with NT.

·
Registered
67,975 Posts
And let's nto tell Blokhin to **** off because of his Poltiical Orientation, he's a legend of USSR and Ukrainian football like Tony Montana said. I'd put him up there right below Yashin and Leba.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts