Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Should have banned Blatter for life. In fact he should have been banned a long time ago but better late than never I guess. How this guy was kept in his place for so long is beyond me, money is slowly but surely ruining football.

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
about time someone gets the chopp....and the two of thme too....amazing

lets only hope this is the beginning of a new era, and not just a way to replace wolves by foxes

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
In Platini's case, he's already done enough damage to the sport.

Blatter may have been up to his eyes in it, but he didn't destroy football
like Platini did. Platini even gloated as he did it.

EDIT: There's plenty Blatter did to ruin the sport though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In Platini's case, he's already done enough damage to the sport.

Blatter may have been up to his eyes in it, but he didn't destroy football
like Platini did. Platini even gloated as he did it.

EDIT: There's plenty Blatter did to ruin the sport though.
How did Platini destroy football?

·
Registered
436 Posts
platini learnt from the best in these matters... In true juventino style that would make anyone in that rotten place proud.

Those who dare lay a hand on SS Lazio finish badly always :nasty:

·
Greta joke sharer
22,893 Posts
How did Platini destroy football?
He helped Blatter corrupt the sport even further on a global level by betraying UEFA's best interest and selling out to oil money.

He destroyed the Euros by spreading the tournament all over the continent and increasing the number of teams to 24.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
It's about time!

Now we can get some honest Englishmen back in like the golden days of Drewry and Rous, decent incorruptible men who will have world football best interests at heart.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
He helped Blatter corrupt the sport even further on a global level by betraying UEFA's best interest and selling out to oil money.

He destroyed the Euros by spreading the tournament all over the continent and increasing the number of teams to 24.
I wasn't going to dignify their stupid question with a response, but since you started, let's do it properly.

3. He changed the tradition of the UEFA Cup and turned it into the Europa League solely for monetary purpose. He was successful at the reformation but destroyed the UEFA Cup tradition in its entirety. Worse still, the two competitions are still considered by UEFA to be the same competition despite the change of name and format.

4. He opposed goalline technology:

"A long time ago when I became president of UEFA I imagined we would have more referees, more eyes on the field to look at the game," he said. "Why? We all played football. We know it's not possible for one guy to see everything. At the end it's clear that more eyes on the game is better. Perhaps it's not perfect with human people but also with technology, for me, it's not perfect either."

"The TV doesn't give you the picture always. That is my conviction. I am totally against technology," he continued. "I don't trust technology. I read what was said by the Italians about a test they have done for two years with additional referee. What I remember is 50 percent less mistakes by the referees with additional referee.

"What does that say? It's a crucial and good statistic. It's why in Italy they have more problems with violence than with referees and that is very new in Italian football, because before it was only a problem with referees and they are happy with that and I think I am happy too."

5. He introduced Financial FairPlay - an absolutely stupid and unrealistic idea - so stupid and unrealistic that he changed the rules after Man City got fined.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/18/uefa-relax-financial-fair-play-michel-platini

The only reason football now needs to play around with club money is because football trading can only take place two to three months out of the year thanks to the introduction of the transfer window - this was Blatter's doing.

6. He changed the new tradition of teams collecting European trophies on stage in the middle of the pitch to 'in amongst the fans' because that's how he remembered it. So we went from this:

to this:

Every single decision major or minor that he has made has been a catastrophe.

He has claimed that the Champions League has 'destroyed football' (http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/03/platini-says-champions-league-has-destroyed-europe/) and was making plans to change the competition like he did with the UEFA Cup.

Allowed to continue, he would:

7. Stop the formal signing of players under the age of 18 - after he likened it to child slavery, despite the fact that many players including Rooney, Owen and Totti - some of the most talented players to grace the game started at 16 and most footballing careers are short lived.

8. Reduce maximum Champions League participants from four to three teams simply to promote the Europa League. This wouldn't be such a bad idea if he had thought of doing it before re-engineering and destroying the tradition of the UEFA Cup, but he didn't - so now we'd probably have two mediocre competitions, one of which lacking any tradition at all.

9. Euro around the world! Yes that's right. Instead of the having the Euros in one country he now wants players and teams to fly all over Europe to play teams all over Europe.

Thank God he's gone. No more damage to a sport that was working fine without his hideous contribution.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts

THIS! These dumb moves haven't been talked about nearly enough, in my opinion.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
instead of asking the likes of corrupt african/central america federations to vote for FIFA elections, they should make it more democratic and allow also national coaches and a group of players from each country to vote.

·
Administrator
29,715 Posts
Yes, because the proper way to stop corruption is adding more people to be bribed.

·
Registered
23,867 Posts
Yes, because the proper way to stop corruption is adding more people to be bribed.
That works really well. It is easy to bribe one person, but pretty expensive to bribe a million. And they can't bribe everyone with a world cup final ticket!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts