Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jupp. He got 6 months. 3 months has gone. Here is the articel:

Parma midfielder Manuele Blasi has been handed a six-month ban after testing positive for a banned substance.

The Juventus owned player was found to have norandrosterone in his system after the game against Perugia on September 14, 2003.

The former Under-21 international was banned as a precaution in October which means he’s already served half of his sentence.

The midfielder has always protested his innocence and the club will now launch an appeal in an attempt to get the suspension reduced.

Today’s sentence will come as a blow to Juve who were hoping for a relatively short stop for the youngster.

That is because they were hoping to recall him to the Delle Alpi this month after they allowed Edgar Davids to join Barca this week.

Two nandrolone cases this season have resulted in an eight-month ban for Inter’s Mohamed Kallon. While Perugia’s Al Saadi Ghaddafi was handed a three-month stop.

It's positive that he will return in April. I belive we will need him then.

Or is he going to Juve?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
So Rio Ferdinand gets 8 months for forgetting a test & Blasi gets 6 for testing positive? Good old Italia:rollani: It should be 24 months, no matter what the damned excuse, it's the only way to rid ourselves of drug cheats. Either that, or just ban Juve from football;)

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Italian bureaucracy is sometimes :cool:

I don't care...the Rio case is different he is being made an example of by Fifa and English FA.:tongue:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
OK, that's a really shít excuse for it. There has to be a STANDARD fúcking punishment, not just Sepp Bladder(!) taking the piss out of Manure. I don't care if Rio is a big name or not, Davids & Stam & Couto were fúcking big names too & did they get banned severly? NO! It's an utter farce, & whilst I'm no fan of Manure, England or Rio, the double standards on show here are absolutely disgraceful, there is no 2 ways around.

Ban Rio for 1 year for failing to turn up for his bloody test, but ban Kallon, Blasi & that Gadaffi all for 2 years. Minimum. We have to make an example out of EVERY player who is a drugs cheat, not just the English ones.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
cam said:
OK, that's a really shít excuse for it. There has to be a STANDARD fúcking punishment, not just Sepp Bladder(!) taking the piss out of Manure. I don't care if Rio is a big name or not, Davids & Stam & Couto were fúcking big names too & did they get banned severly? NO! It's an utter farce, & whilst I'm no fan of Manure, England or Rio, the double standards on show here are absolutely disgraceful, there is no 2 ways around.

Ban Rio for 1 year for failing to turn up for his bloody test, but ban Kallon, Blasi & that Gadaffi all for 2 years. Minimum. We have to make an example out of EVERY player who is a drugs cheat, not just the English ones.
I agree...but that's the way the system operates and life's unfair and with Blatter who has a vendetta against English football...and who openly said what ever the FA give Rio he would double it...

Rio missing Euro 2004 makes Blatter happy and so he subsequently dropped his claim. But if the appeal goes Rio's way I'm sure Blatter will be there to block Rio from Euro 2004...even kick England out if he has too...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Doesn't mean I should sit there, shut up & accept it though, does it?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The diffrence between been tested positive or not is very slim. Some players dont even dare to drink energy drink because of the risk to get caught. Some years ago a boxer was tested positive but he claimed that he had sex with his girl the night before game and didn't get any penalty.

Btw: Cam, dont even mention in this. Italy is way better than England. I PL they dont even test the players. Wenger said that his players had been tested only 2 times in 6 (!) years. And the test was maded when the team trained. Who takes drugs in a training? Maybe they are afriad of the truth?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Read what I said again Prof. We need an international worldwide sports standard for these cheat who ruin sport for others. All people with traces of any banned substance above what is considered "natural" should be banned for 24 months, or 2 years. Regular random testing. You have to come down hard on the bastards to stop them spoiling it from everyone else, & to set out an example that cheats will not be tolerated.

In fact I'd be very tempted to ban anyone for life, without means of appeal.:stuckup:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cam said:
Read what I said again Prof. We need an international worldwide sports standard for these cheat who ruin sport for others. All people with traces of any banned substance above what is considered "natural" should be banned for 24 months, or 2 years. Regular random testing. You have to come down hard on the bastards to stop them spoiling it from everyone else, & to set out an example that cheats will not be tolerated.

In fact I'd be very tempted to ban anyone for life, without means of appeal.:stuckup:
But don't talk good about England.:mad:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
Btw: Cam, dont even mention in this. Italy is way better than England. I PL they dont even test the players. Wenger said that his players had been tested only 2 times in 6 (!) years. And the test was maded when the team trained. Who takes drugs in a training? Maybe they are afriad of the truth?
Oh, & another damn thing. How is Italy "way better"? Where is the punishment for these cheats? What is the point of regular tests if you do not teach them it is wrong? Blasi merely got away with a slapped wrist, the same with Stam, Davids, Kallon et al. Italy have part of it right, but as I said in my last post, we need an international law over all sports for this to take affect in.

Others we will never stamp these bastards out.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
But don't talk good about England.:mad:
I wasn't. I was merely showing the reason why we need an international standard for doping bans, & also showing the pathetic hypocrisy of the FIGC. There is no point in these comic bans which serve no genuine purpose other than to say "yeah, we banned them."

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cam said:
Oh, & another damn thing. How is Italy "way better"? Where is the punishment for these cheats? What is the point of regular tests if you do not teach them it is wrong? Blasi merely got away with a slapped wrist, the same with Stam, Davids, Kallon et al. Italy have part of it right, but as I said in my last post, we need an international law over all sports for this to take affect in.

Others we will never stamp these bastards out.
At least they DO their best to caught those cheaters. I can agree that the penalties are a little low but its better that the cheaters is been caught at all. Thats my point.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I mean on a certain level Italian football has been trying to stamp it out...ok they haven't been strict with the bannings but they do atleast test regularly and it is why Italy has higher numbers...
I can't even remember the last case in england before the Rio case. :eek:

And an International organisation for drug testing etc would only give more powers to Fifa to be honest, centralizing the controlling of eveything. Fifa is the heart of corruptive element of football stems from...:groan:.

It would have to be an independent organisation from Fifa...who have no alliances or connections with Fifa nor funded by Fifa in anyway. That's the only way forward...

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GaGa said:
I mean on a certain level Italian football has been trying to stamp it out...ok they haven't been strict with the bannings but they do atleast test regularly and it is why Italy has higher numbers...
I can't even remember the last case in england before the Rio case. :eek:

And an International organisation for drug testing etc would only give more powers to Fifa to be honest, centralizing the controlling of eveything. Fifa is the heart of corruptive element of football stems from...:groan:.

It would have to be an independent organisation from Fifa...who have no alliances or connections with Fifa nor funded by Fifa in anyway. That's the only way forward...

Thnx for a great Post!:)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
GaGa said:
As stated already, it would be looked after & maintained by an international, inter-sport organization who have a fúcking spine.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
At least they DO their best to caught those cheaters. I can agree that the penalties are a little low but its better that the cheaters is been caught at all. Thats my point.
But it's not enough, is it? So why even waste you time defending the FIGC? The sentences they had out are pathetic, basically saying that cheating is actually not that deporable. It most certainly is.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cam said:
But it's not enough, is it? So why even waste you time defending the FIGC? The sentences they had out are pathetic, basically saying that cheating is actually not that deporable. It most certainly is.
I am not saying that they are great. I'm just saying that they are better than F.A. It's simply fact. F.A isn't any intrested in caughtthe cheaters because they dont wan't a bad reputation.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
I am not saying that they are great. I'm just saying that they are better than F.A. It's simply fact. F.A isn't any intrested in caughtthe cheaters because they dont wan't a bad reputation.
And I am not denying this. The point at hand, that is being discussed, is the pathetic hypocrisy of the whole drug testing & banning situation. It has got to stop because what Rio did is NOT worse than what Blasi did. Can you even agree on that or are you blinded by ignorance & a disliking towards the English?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
cam said:
Yeah but it's still better then the bans not being given in Spain or England because there is no testing of players. The only reason Italian FA probably doesn't give lengthy bans out is because it would probably hurt the game...and why should they give lengthy bans when other leagues don't test players as throughly as they do? It's of no benefit to the Italian game.

Something is better then nothing to be honest...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts