Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laurent Blanc has confirmed that Manchester United have offered him a contract for next season and that he is reconsidering his decision to retire in the summer.

Blanc, 36, has maintained since he arrived at United from Inter Milan back in August that this would be his final season.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been trying for some months to get the centre-half to change his mind and now it seems his efforts are paying off.

United offered Blanc a 12-month deal last week and the ex-French international has said he will make a decision on his future at the end of the season.

"It's true that about a week ago Manchester United did speak to me and they have offered me a contract," he said on MUTV.

"But what's more important for me is not to think about myself. I've got to put the team before myself.

"We've got to do well in our three remaining games and that's far more important than any other personal issue and I can decide that at the end of the season.

"Out of respect for my club and my team-mates, I've got to concentrate on winning something for Manchester United this season.

"But I'm certainly going to give it some thought."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would hope he does reconsider his retirement plans, who needs speed when he has all that experience.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i think it would be great if he stays for one more season....hes finally beginning to marshall his defence well, and with all that experience, hes definately becoming an asset after a rough start.... i think hes gonna be necessary becuase when fergie reinforces his defence in the summer, the defence will need some familiar faces (gaz and blanc)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Yes, this guy has improved out of sight. From a particularly dodgy start, he has become the rock of our defence. Class on the ball, positioning and tackling excellent, he's a model for every young defender coming through the club. He proves that with a quick, alert mind, you don't have to be as quick as lightening to be a world class defender.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
And to think how all the United fans were criticizing him and Fergie at the start of the season.;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I wish that he will stay:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts