Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
42,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to this match. A negative result will knock me off this state of euphoria I'm enjoying at the moment. I don't want this feeling to leave me.

This is another premiership away game, which has tended to fill our players with fright and has resulted in some disgusting performances.

BUT!

We are fresh off a glorious away victory at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, which will hopefully imbue our players with a sense of confidence, rarely seen out of THOF.

Can the euphoric feeling our players are experiencing have a carry-on effect and result in a confident, assured display at Ewood Park?

Of course, Blackburn will be tougher to defeat than Real. The physical approach employed by their players has usually resulted in us curling up and dieing a slow and painful death. What will we see on Saturday?

Hope for a positive result as Spurs dropped further points vs. Wigan, but won't get confident as usual.

1-2, Henry and Fabregas.

edit: I was pleased that each letter overlapped each other sometimes once, sometimes twice - it was difficult to get the letters looking ok considering at least one letter was overlapping another.

edit again: yes, I fecked up the date again.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
0-1 henry

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Umm yes we will win this but it wont be a pretty result I assure you that. It will probably be another 1-0 (I hope I'm wrong and we bag 3 or 4 but that's unlikely). Confidence is the only thing that has EVER stopped Arsenal from performing, we know the players are talented. We have the best youth COLLECTIVELY in the world and this team will become legendary in a few years but its matches like these that define our character. We brought the goods against Real but I'm sure AW has told them that this is the level they've been missing for a year now.

I think they'll be even more fired up to prove that we can fight back into a respectable position in the EPL. To be honest...Liverpool aren't that far from us, if they start losing a couple of games we'll be in touching distance.

Players to watch from our camp - Fabregas, he'll be responsible for keeping Arsenal in the hunt this year in my opinion, he IS the man now, people look to Diaby but this guy does the cleaning up for us. Let's hope he plays as good against Bburn as he did against Madrid.

Hleb - Getting way better as we saw against Madrid, he was part of a good attack and did well to cause problems to Madrid. If AW plays him then I hope he can outplay the Blackburn players.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
ILA said:
A negative result will knock me off this state of euphoria I'm enjoying at the moment. I don't want this feeling to leave me.
Get a Zoloft prescription. It'll sort your troubles out nicely. :thumbsup: :shades:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
We must carry the european form into the league and start performing, now is the time to do it! :boxing: If we pick ourselves up now, than we can still salvage some of the season!

Lets do it! :thumbsup:

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
It will be difficult to repeat the Madrid night but I also hope for a win.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i do see us eating them, with adebayor reminding us that hes still around, i have a feeling he and diaby will have good matches.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dies Irae said:
Get a Zoloft prescription. It'll sort your troubles out nicely. :thumbsup: :shades:
For euphoria, a fat line of MDMA would be an even better prescription... (Apparently ecstasy was quite widely used on the terraces in the late 80s - can anyone confirm?! This has been postulated as one of the reasons for the reduction in football hooliganism - the fans were too loved-up to fight! Forget about glassing each other in the face - lets hug!)

ON TOPIC: I'm just hoping for no injuries at Blackburn - we don't want anyone out for the Real Madrid return leg.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't think E was used on the terraces but in the clubs, but all the hoolies definitely got into it and i think just forgot about football for a while as they sat at home monging out and watching Pingu. :thumbsup:

·
Arsenal Fan
5,476 Posts
Van Persie won't be back, Cole won't play either, instead he will play another reserve match on Monday. The only person returning will be Bergkamp and Adebayor available for selection. Walcott may be a sub? I can see Hleb playing too, he had a good game against Madrid but gave away the ball too much, not through losing it in a dribble, but from not looking up to pass. Great dribbler though, just needs to look up and pass better. Expect Reyes to continue his raping of the left side, and Henry should be magical again. Blackburn players will want to win it but will have that doubt after seeing how we performed against Madrid. I think confidence is with us.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
We need the points. :fero:

Make Reyes play off Henry's shoulder and beef up the midfield. :thumbsup:

Fabregas--Gilberto--Diaby--Hleb

--------Reyes--Henry----------

I know Cesc isn't a RW but I prefer that than the 4-5-1!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think we will play Adebayor for sure.

my guess...

....................Jens
Eboue....Kolo......Sendo......Flam
..................Bert
............Cesc......Diaby
...................................JAR
...........Manny.....Henry

why not play more conservative and try to break like the old days? make it a cagey game and then eat them in the last 30 mins.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
why not play more conservative and try to break like the old days? make it a cagey game and then eat them in the last 30 mins.
Exactly, we should just take it like everybody does, not just go out and bang ourselves against the wall. Play for the result not only to play, I mean it's the last chance for us to do something.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts