Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just keep rolling, i dunno if i should wake up to watch this match, i proabbylw ill however, but i been very very tired these days:eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
lets not forget they threw a spanner in the works last season and it was a pretty hefty one at that! not to be taken lightly, though they are having a rough time of it this season.

B'burn 0 - 2 Arsenal

Tel and Ralph

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
We should have had a result when we played you at Highbury. That said our home form is dire, so I haven't got my hopes up too high.

For us Gally is out, Amoruso is not yet fit (thank God - can you imagine what Henry would do to him?) and Stead faces a late finess test. Nils Eric Johansson has recovered from being pushed in the chest. ;)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I see an upset on the way... Im gonna go all out and say a 3-0 win to the Arse ;)

...In all seriousness, i think that Blackburn will get a draw as they are just one of those teams who scrape up points against the big guns.

1-1

Cherry Onwee ..and.. A.C.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hope to win
any win
just a win

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
You where just stolen a goal and then I mean really stolen. You could expect the referee to know the rules... Henry scored after having kicked the ball away in front of the keeper as he was about to kick it out. Henry did no wrong as the keeper did not have any of his hands on the ball. Would have been a classic goal.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
JKris said:
You where just stolen a goal and then I mean really stolen. You could expect the referee to know the rules... Henry scored after having kicked the ball away in front of the keeper as he was about to kick it out. Henry did no wrong as the keeper did not have any of his hands on the ball. Would have been a classic goal.

It was fairly disallowed, Henry was taking the piss ffs.

Normal service resumed... Henry scores a free kick.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
FT Arsenal 2 Blackburn 0

Great character shown by the Gunners today as Blackburn pulled a page out of the Bolton play book which is since they can't compete with Arsenal on the pitch simply kick and punch them off of it. The first goal by Henry was another surpreb free kick by Thierry which gave Friedel absolutely no chance. Reyes was amazing today as he was everywhere and almost scored another cracker, next season when he fully adapts to the squad my goodness Arsenal's attack will be by far the best in Europe.

Kudos to the entire squad but PV4 was my man of the match with Edu a close second.

WE SHALL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
JKris said:
Any referee in the world would have ruled that goal out - and rightly so. It's dangerous play.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Another win, Another step towards the title and the unbeaten run is continuing ;) .
Blackburn were really up for the game and made it quite difficult for us but although fighting spirit often beats class and talent there is nothing that can beat class, talent and a fighting spirit together ;)

It's a real shame that Henry's goal was disallowed but I think the reason to why it was disallowed was that outfield players not are allowed to move inside the penalty area while the keeper is kicking the ball out.
However it really makes me laugh, It's so typical Henry to do something like that, I can't think anyone else who even had thought about doing it.
:D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
JKris said:
I haven't seen the incident, but I'm guessing that it was unsporting behaviour, and rightly disallowed. It would have been allowed in Serie A, but the English respect and reward sportmanship. Either Henry was interpreting the rules literally, or he was taking the piss. I'd guess the latter.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Reyes really improved but he wasnt very dangerous up front , but no one was , so 2-0 the gunners are flying high.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A 100% RIGHT GOAL FROM HENRY

the ref was definitely WRONG in this decision

Friedel was kicking a hand and foot ball in the 18 yard box
and when he throw the ball with his hand and before he kick it with his foot
Henry Snatchs the ball when it was completely in the air
and put it into the open goal

Sorry Bastin but this has no relation with sportmanship
it's the brilliant and the concentration of HENRY
Alsothere is no such a rule JACKE in football and you can watch any striker in the 18 yard box as he urges the GK to play when the GK is about to kick the ball

the Fair score is 4-0 with this ball and an OBVIOUSLY one on one with the keeper ball from Henry which also disallowed with the claim of off-side when Henry was CLEARLY on-side

great performance from Reyes
also Toure who kept Cole in his pocket in the 90 minute

·
Registered
886 Posts
Gooner4Life: Ok, I'm not 100% sure about the rule but I think there is such a rule actually. Otherwise a striker could basically just run in front of the goalie and not let him kick the ball into play. The reason for that you often see players inside the box when the keepers kicks the ball out is probably that the ref thinks it's ok as long as they don't disturb the keeper. However as I said before I'm not 100% sure, I might have mixed some other rule.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Gooner4life said:
Sorry Bastin but this has no relation with sportmanship
it's the brilliant and the concentration of HENRY
It is illustrating brilliant concentration to kick the ball out of the stadium to waste time, but it's not legal. It is the general understanding that a goalkeeper is to be allowed to kick the ball from a position where he has the ball in two hands. If a striker prevents this from occurring, it is unsporting behaviour. If it is in jest, it is punishable with a free kick (as was the case). If it was not so, it is punishable with a yellow card.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts