Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The is another must win match, were fourth for the first time this season and now we have to try and keep it. Blackburn will be very hard to beat and will be confident after our earlier match with them.

We will be missing two key players going into this match in Woodgate and Robert. Woodgate could be out for up to three weeks while Robert has resumed training but this match is too soon for him to come back.

On the plus side Bellamy is set for his first start since October and is likely to partner Alan Shearer up front.

Viana is likely to continue on the left and Titus Bramble is likely to partner O'Brien in defence.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Final Score:

Blackburn 1 - 1 Newcastle :rolleyes:

Again we let a lead slip late on, Bellamy scored, but we can never hold out, we HAVE TO WIN these kind of matches if we want to finish fourth.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
was nice to see Craig is back! :)

But read this now: :cry:

Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 February, 2004, 23:44 GMT
Bellamy out of Scotland game

Newcastle manager Sir Bobby Robson has revealed Craig Bellamy will miss Wales' friendly with Scotland next week.
Bellamy's knee flared up after he was tackled by Blackburn defender Lucas Neill - the Welshman was playing for the first time since 4 October.

Robson said: "Bellamy's injured and he can't be thinking about internationals - he's hardly played for five months.

"The defender cleaned Craig out. His knee has puffed up, he's limping - in fact he can hardly walk," Robson added.

Robson added: "I didn't think it was a right tackle and I was amazed the referee didn't do anything about it.

"The defender got him in the corner and went right through him and Craig has suffered from it."

(bbc.co.uk)

Poor Man! Hopefully its not so worse....

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a nasty challenge from Neill and the way he stood over him afterwards was uncalled for. As for the injury, I really hope its not serious, Bellamy was quality yesterday and it was clear how much we've missed him, however I think the club may be using this just to keep him out of the Wales match. He was able to continue with the match and even scored and after the match in an interview he didn't mention it and seemed alright.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Lucas Neil should needs a long ban from the game for the amount of times the ass hole has tried to end players' careers, he definatly had something against Bellamy last night.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
First Carragher, then sent off again against Pongolle and now this disgrace.110 % prick, not just being a dirty tackler but running his mouth off.

Dyertribe im not trying to be smart here but surely you can somehow understand how i reacted when he broke Carra's leg and you were just talking about Gerrard.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
King of the Kop said:
Dyertribe im not trying to be smart here but surely you can somehow understand how i reacted when he broke Carra's leg and you were just talking about Gerrard.
Yeah but my initial point about that whole episode was regarding Houllier's comments about Lucas after the Carra incident. He publicly labels Lucas a "coward" when he's got Stevie G running around making two-footed challenges all the time.

LN has got to pull himself in no question. Too much time at the New Den.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts