Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
52,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously it's strange. Like think for a while who's the best black goalies ever. Basically who could you name here: Songo'o, Kameni, Dida, David James...

I guess you could say Dida and Songo'o were world class in their prime. But still it is ridiculously few. So why has this position proved to be such a difficult one for black players? It is a position which requires a lot of concentration, discipline, sense of responsibility, anticipation and gamereading skills. But you could say the same about centre back position and there has been many good black centre backs. So what's the mystery here?

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
So why has this position proved to be such a difficult one for black players?
Isn't it boring to discuzz abt keeperz who are only a minor matter uv da game ? Itz nut da most difficult but da most unattractive job.
Thatz why cool South American guyz like Chilavert or Rogerio Ceni started to practice freekicks n all dat or doin crazey stuff lika diz:

·
1st Tier Poster
52,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you think that black players, in their craving of being in the centre of attention as a goalscorers, do not want the hardships and responsibility and the possible outcast status that might come with a goalkeeper position? So only the least talented players end up forced to play in goal in black societies?

·
Registered
70,627 Posts
so you think that black players, in their craving of being in the centre of attention as a goalscorers, do not want the hardships and responsibility and the possible outcast status that might come with a goalkeeper position? So only the least talented players end up forced to play in goal in black societies?
I'm pretty sure that's the case everywhere.

·
*the drum drum*
43,498 Posts
Yeah exactly, Mandanda is doing absolutely great.

So what's going on Andy, running out of forum stirring ideas or what? The last few posts I've come across of yours have all been ******* this, white cloak that, black footballer this.

·
Registered
70,627 Posts
how come there are disproportionally small number of good black goalkeepers then? Lots and lots of good black attackers playing on European fields but so few goalkeepers?
Goalkeepers are easier to develop than field players. Top euro clubs don't go to Nigeria to find a goalie.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but what about multiracial European countries like Holland and UK where there are a lot of local good black footballers but very few of them are goalkeepers for some strange reason?

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Yeah exactly, Mandanda is doing absolutely great.

So what's going on Andy, running out of forum stirring ideas or what? The last few posts I've come across of yours have all been ******* this, white cloak that, black footballer this.
Mandanda is exceptional :star:

As for Andy, he's got a 'thing' for white pointed hoods and burning crosses in his back garden :smileani:

·
Registered
47,980 Posts
Bernard Lama was actually a pretty good goalkeeper for France until he discovered the joys of dope. I know what conclusions the white supremacists and the PC tree huggers (is there really nothing in between?) will draw from this example so, I won't say anything. :lala:

·
Registered
47,980 Posts
You never played much football at lunch time in school, huh.
"But I don't WANNA play keeper"! :crybaby:

"SHUT THE **** UP and get in goal you ****".

"Okay". :(

That's the normal exchange between the least talented dude and the more talented dudes.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.