Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin! :D

This time, a win in the Olympiastadion would be much more important for the club than the triumph last year. And I would celebrate in a quite similar way. All anger and criticism about that season still in the back of my mind, but I would so happy.

I hope TvH fields the same team. Harry and Koller in the attack was much more effective that the 3-men-attack with Koller, Saenko and Vittek.

I only fear Pantelic, he seems to have played good in Leverkusen yesterday. Pancho and Wolf have to step on his foot right from the start, that should stop his playing lust. :D

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All we can do is believe, yes. And support. At 7 in the morning on Saturday me and my mates are leaving town and hopefully we're coming back with 3 points. I'm mad fer it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i'm on the autobahn heading to hungary tomorrow :( i will only get the result once i arrive...we could be relegated by then! i'm ****ing afraid

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a nice time in Hungary. My mates wil come in a few minutes, I'm pretty excited. Everything's possible today.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
tough 1:0 loss to Hertha for you guys.

This is the table as of now

15 Arminia Bielefeld 33 8 9 16 33:58 33
-----------------------------------------------
16 1. FC Nürnberg 33 7 10 16 35:49 31 Abstieg
17 MSV Duisburg 33 8 5 20 34:51 29 Abstieg
18 Hansa Rostock 33 7 6 20 28:51 27 Abstieg

Last round

Nurnberg-Schalke
Stuttgart-Arminia Bielefeld

I think Stuttgart will beat Bielefeld easily as they are still in the running for UEFA CUP spot and Nurnberg will beat Schalke even though they can still catch Werder Bremen for the 2nd spot,good luck.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
FCN got unlucky and robbed, they should've had a penalty..

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think Stuttgart will beat Bielefeld easily as they are still in the running for UEFA CUP spot and Nurnberg will beat Schalke even though they can still catch Werder Bremen for the 2nd spot,good luck.
hopefully...best of luck in the last round guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
FCN got unlucky and robbed, they should've had a penalty..
I didn't see the match and that could be true. But a team which is fighting (or supposed to be) for relegation should play at 200% with their blood in the eyes versus a team like Hertha which has nothing to do at this stage of the tournament (well Hertha never has something to do even at the 1st round...). If der Glubb will relegate (something unfortuantely very likely to be) it will be ALL their fault... you cannot loose matches like this :(

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fvcking hell, another slap in the face. 5000 fans travel up to Berlin and what did we get for it? A lame performance from our team. Damn. And a kick into my arse from myself for being too optimistic each matchday. Last Wednesday I wasn't optimistic, I wasn't nervous and we won. Now I don't believe in a win against Schalke, so maybe the football-god has different plans. Fvck.

Carlo, surely the team has done not enough to stay in that league, no arguement about that, but yesterday we were robbed. Two penalties not given, two clear penalties. Ok, Hertha should have received one, too, but to a certain extent that game was decided by the referee.

On the other hand, 10 minutes of total offensive football is too little. Mintal had an absolutely awful day and Misimovic should have come earlier on the pitch. Vittek, too. Not that I thought he would save us, but another attacker on the field when you've got to score is not a bad decision. ;)

I was near to vomit on the beautiful stands of the Olympiastadion during the first half. (Really a nice one, and it's amazing how present the memories of our triumph last year are in my mind. And that defeat yesterday can't destroy those nice memories I have of that stadium.) Now I'm nearly through with that season. It was a sad, sad journey back home last night.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
enjoy your trips guys.
Thanks. :) Apart from the game it was a nice trip. Overall I think OPM has the better one. ;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hopefully...best of luck in the last round guys :thumbsup:
Cheers Daniel Noir. :thumbsup:

tough 1:0 loss to Hertha for you guys.

This is the table as of now

15 Arminia Bielefeld 33 8 9 16 33:58 33
-----------------------------------------------
16 1. FC Nürnberg 33 7 10 16 35:49 31 Abstieg
17 MSV Duisburg 33 8 5 20 34:51 29 Abstieg
18 Hansa Rostock 33 7 6 20 28:51 27 Abstieg

Last round

Nurnberg-Schalke
Stuttgart-Arminia Bielefeld

Thanks. I believe in a Bielefeld defeat, Schäfer has to shine at least once in his season at Stuttgart. ;) The only doubt is a win from us against Schalke. The games against them in the past years were always a conglomerate of strange referee decisions (red cards, penalties against us which were a joke etc.), awful performances from our side and an unfair Schalke team. Fan-friendship is nice, but games against them were not a festivity in the last years. ;) If it were any other team against which we have to play... but Schalke is not teh best opponent for such a final.

Anyway, I've just read a comment from Charisteas. "Thanks to god for giving us that last chance." I'd want to reply to him: Fine, and now it's up to you and your colleagues.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:wallbang: Schäfer got kicked out of the team in Stuttgart, so they will play with the 19-year-old Ullreich against Bielefeld. Thanks Veh, now I'm not sure that Bielefeld doesn't win there.

btw, good idea to watch the game on the highest position for a while. :D My mates and me are left of the clock in the last row.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well Schäfer did so badly this year that maybe a youngster can be more motivated to play a fantastic game versus Bielefeld! :) Ok, it's just a hope, of course, Stuttgart is quite a crazy team, I think it's impossible to say what they'll do on Saturday... but surely FCN MUST win with Schalke, and it's not easy at all...

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From his past performances this season I'd say that this youngsters is also not good, but one have to give him time. Hopefully he'll have a good day on Saturday.

btw, Schäfer has received his dismissal, sort of. It looks as if he'll be up for grabs for free this summer. Maybe a chance to get him back to Nürnberg? Surely he would earn few money, but maybe he really has a conncetion to our club and he comes back. Would be interesting to know if Bader has already phoned him. ;) Surely, Schäfer had had a more bad season at Stuttgart, but he was never accepted right from the start. From what I've heard the Stuttgart fans were angry because he gave 100% for us in the cup final. Stupid guys, those Swabians. And Armin Veh didn't act right, too. He wasn't able to handle the keeper situation in a good way.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Schaefer is quality GK who captained his team to DFB Cup finals but VFB didn´t give him serious shot to win a stammplatz.

Let´s get him for free, let him shine in Club jersey next season and sell him again back to Stuttgart for another 2 mio :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts