Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not right for me to make a thread, because I support Bochum, but hey, it's my birthday so I thought I'd give it a shot.

It's a must win game for you lot today, much more important for you then it is for us. You're starting to get your players back, Jacobsen could play today. Vittek is still feeling the effect of his injury, but he'll be back to full fettle soon. I can see Koller scoring today, I don't know why, hope I'm wrong.

As for us, Sestak hasn't scored away from home yet, that's worrying, maybe he'll sort it all out today. Azaouagh, I believe is a hugely under-rated player, and I want him to start today in place of Imhof. We haven't got many injuries, just Schroder and Bechmann out. We played out a 3-3 cracker earlier in the season, this was when both teams were on poor form and struggling, we seem to have recovered; you unfortunately haven't. However, forget the 3-3, I'd gladly take a 1-0 today.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
No, why shouldn't it be right for you? ;) I was about to make the thread now.

Happy birthday, bochum17!

But as I already wrote last weekend, I hope only Everton makes you a present. ;)

I'd say that this is even understated to say that it is a must win game. :lala: We simply have to get the three points today. Like Vittek said in his interview during the week, when we do not win we are virtually relegated.

Jacobsen, yes, it looks as if he is ready to start for the first time. Vittek is at 85% accoding to himself, so hopefully he really gets better from game to game. Against the HSV he was rather good, so I hope we see him play like in that game and not like last weekend.

Sestak.. well, just because we were so stupid to decline the offer before the season he will likely score. :wallbang: But as you say, he didn't score away, so maybe that's the chance for us. :D

We've got an awful weather here in Nürnberg with chances for snow. I only have good memories for Club games under such conditions. At the moment we have to catch at a straw.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
game over, 1:1.

5th Sestak 0:1
8th Misimovic (who else ?) 1:1

happy birthday, Bochum17 ! And congrats to 1 point.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Kindergarten ole! That's so fvcking stupid how the Nordkurve appears these days. Everyone against everyone, the rest against Ultras, Ultras are offended by everyone...

Damn... now we have to break Tigerhearts rule. :D

oh, and Sestak scored. Our Club doesn't leave out one chance to prove the pessimists right.

Shit, Duisburg didn't lose. The guy in the radio on our way home said that they had lost.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Well I don't think you should worry about that one. Draws will not help you nor the other teams at the bottom. Only wins count. I think in the end it will not be decided by one point only. So Duisburg getting one point is not going to save them.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
No, that's right. When our point at home isn't enough the theirs is not as well. Gott sei dank.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, apparently Klewer took out Sestak and the referee let it go, I'll wait till I see the highlights though.

It was a feisty game at times, tackles flying in. Nice for Sestak to score on my birthday, knew Misimovic would score yet again. It's a point gained for us as going away from home to teams who badly need three points is difficult so am very pleased.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully you'll stay up and Duisburg, Cottbus and Bielefeld will go down.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
was watching the game on bwin.com and it was pain in the ass. There was big hole between defence and 4-men attack, hoofing the balls and waiting on miracle as back in WoWo era. With such a performance we are relegated.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After seeing the Sestak incident, which was off the ball. Klewer just pushed Sestak over for no apparent reason, maybe he thought Sestak's foot was high, or it touched the defender when he never. The referee had his back turned, but surely one of his assistant's would had seen it, and Klewer could had least had been yellow carded, although maybe a penalty would had been wrong.

·
Registered
276 Posts
After Saturday's game against Bochum, the future is no more clear and no less doubtful.

It is fortunate that the other teams around us are just as inept at gaining points (as should be expected at the bottom of the table).

Another poor performance and a disappointing atmosphere - I'm surely missing something here - the fans (aguably the best in Germany) should be uniting behind the team during the game, not fighting with each other.

After the game I do think some players deserved the whistles. I have stated many times that I have rated Jan Koller. I was disapponted that we did noit sign him when he went to Monaco. But now??? Maybe he still has the qualities he has shown in the past and it is the rest of the team that lets him down, but on Saturday's performance I would suggest that Koller is past it. Does he really have a clause in his contract that says he has to play if fit??? If so, then whoever agreed that contract needs to ask some very tough questions of themself.

I would not criticise Koller's efforts, but I do think Charisteas would probably play better with Vittek because he seems to have better control than Koller.

Wolf was the pick of our players, along with a few promising signs from Vittek. Apart from those two though?????? It is frustrating when we know that individually, several of those players have shown that they are better than the players of many other relegation and mid table teams - but the key word is TEAMS. Our opponents seem to be better organised and able to play together, even if man-for-man they are not, on paper at least, as good as our 'stars'.

And bochum17 - Klewer was guilty of a stupid push. He didn't push as hard as Sestak made it look but I think had the referee seen it Klewer would have at least seen yellow and maybe even red. (And happy birthday to you too.)

Oh well - I'm back in England for a couple of days then off to the Munchen game. I fear the worst, I really do.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yeah... my written exams are over. At least something to be happy about. :happy: .... Now I have to learn for the oral part. ;) :nervous:
Anyway, I've got more time to think about my Club, but do I really want to do that?

Good post, Jon. You've been to the Bochum game? The whole atmosphere in the Nordkurve was so embarrassing.

I also think that Charisteas should get his chance again. In my opinion he looks more lively upfront. And by the way, Misimovic and Pinola got selected for the team of the matchday from Premiere. These two and Wolf were the best last Saturday. Vittek was ok, he only seems not to be 100% fit and that always makes us weaker in the attack during the 2nd half.

During the week some players, Michael Kammermeyer, Lukas Kling, Daniel Gareis, Sascha Steinacher, Enrico Valentini and Florian Wenninger, from the reserves and U19 team have trained with von Heesen and the rest who's not away playing for their NT's. I don't know, the artice on the fcn.de website says that they trained with the 1st team because so many other players were away, but probably some of them get the chance to step up. Kammermeyer could be one of those.

btw, FCN II has won the first game after the winter break last weekend. At least something to be happy about..

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Congrats on passing the exams, Audio.

I´ll be watching the Bayern game on bwin. Right after the game have to go to Netherlands.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats Audio...

Yes, I was at the Bochum game. I then had to go back to England for a couple of days and I´m now about to leave the hotel for in nuernebrg to go to the Bayern game. I excepect little from the game so I´m not that worried. Yet. I will be when I get onto the Nordkurve. Was going to send SMS but have lost numbers on my phone. I guess I will be at MM stuben straight after the game for a short time.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Thanks.. well, there are 7 oral exams in front of me though. ;) But the written part is over and it looks good so far. :) Anyone interested in information about the glacial series. :D

To the Netherlands? You say you have to go... so it's not a holiday trip. ;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Ok, Jon, probably I will pop into the MM Stuben afterwards for a beer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts