Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puhhh.. I didn't watch the game... only the replay is now on TV here. 2-1 Schalke against Duisburg.

How sad is that to be so much happy about a Schalke win. :D

Kluge seems to be fit again, and only Pinola is out for the tough game against Bayer on Sunday. I've read something about Mnari, but I hope he's able to play.

The only thing that worries me is that von Heesen seems to think about playing with Vittek and Saenko in the attack. Where's Harry..or even Koller. That really makes me worried about our effectivness in the attack.

Not directly related to our game this weekend, but I'm astonished about some fans opinions about von Heesen, mainly about his comments in the last days. I don't see it that strange that a new coach talks about the things that are wrong within the team. And that he thinks that the team lacks the primary knowledge of tactical football and also mentions that is simply ok. It really annoys me that some fans are so much blinded by the glorious face of Hans Meyer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last who says anything negative about him, but why isn't one allowed to mention what someone has done wrong.
That and the overall negative atmosphere which some fans spread is totally against my current opinion.

I don't expect anything this weekend.. but maybe .. maybe...

·
Registered
432 Posts
brilliant results so far. we can finally start planning for 2nd division! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is so unbelieveable crappy today. At least Hannoi got the 2-2.. Cottbus' lead is shite, but the most depressing result would be a Bielefeld win in Hannoi. Also a draw would be damn shite.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Not directly related to our game this weekend, but I'm astonished about some fans opinions about von Heesen, mainly about his comments in the last days. I don't see it that strange that a new coach talks about the things that are wrong within the team. And that he thinks that the team lacks the primary knowledge of tactical football and also mentions that is simply ok. It really annoys me that some fans are so much blinded by the glorious face of Hans Meyer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last who says anything negative about him, but why isn't one allowed to mention what someone has done wrong.
That and the overall negative atmosphere which some fans spread is totally against my current opinion.

totally agree with you. Good manager should analyse. Analysing the work of previous coach is part of Von Heesens job. Sadly, some people were idolising Meyer like Jesus Christ re-incarnated, fooling themselves with ignoring wrong decisions of Hans Meyer as it were blasphemy.

HM´s posities: 1 1/2 great Bu-Liga seasons, 1x DFB Cup, Uefa Cup, signing decent players Kluge, Misimovic, Galasek (who was great first year, now are his tiring legs carrying us sucesfully into 2nd Bundesliga).

Negatives: selling youngsters ( Kiessling, Polak - shines in Andrlecht, Schaefer - relatively young keeper), signing old farts (Blazek, Koller, even Galasek is crap this season - not as shocking if we realise he´s 35) firing Gresko (OK he´s 30 but overall good utility player, badly misisng during Pino´s injury). Hiring 2 similar central forwarders Charisteas/Koller (+ we had Kennedy) when there is room only for one was mind-blowing as well as not hiring one decent passer as replacement for Saenko or Vittek. (Sestak for 0,75 mio comes constantly on my mind :wallbang:). + did I mention we need one ball playing CB similar to Andy Wolf ? + insisting on playing players who are totally out of form (Blazek, Mintal, Galasek)

HM had to go because negatives outbalanced positives, simple as fact. When some people don´t understand it they shouldn´t call themselves FCN fans. They are just confused Hans Meyer fans.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, there's nothing more to add to that post. Unfortunately these actions really turned out to be mistakes. Now you could speculate if a good/normal season had led to an awful one next year, just in case Bader/Meyer hadn't made the big break.

Maybe a normal last season with a midtable finish would have helped more to our Bundesliga establishment... the success had covered all minor problems which are big ones now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
We bottled it today. Simple as that. In fact some of our players have been bottling it all season.

After going behind we were maybe unlucky not to take a lead of our own into half-time. Things looked encouraging. We were attacking well, we looked up for it, Saenko and Misimovic were very effective.

But as on so many other occasions this season, we have looked OK when things are going our way, but when they are not...

Too many players don't seem to have the fight in them... I hate to name them and in many ways I hope I'm wrong - it would be more encouraging for them (and maybe us) if it was the system we are playing or the balance of the team, or even that they were simply not good enough. But players such as Misimovic, Saenko, Kluge, Glauber, Mnari sometimes seem good enough and show what they can do when we are on top of our game. However, they don't seem to have what it takes to scrap it out at the bottom of the table.

Players like Pinola and Wolf play with their heart. A good team needs players like this. A good team also needs a balance of 'heart' players and 'head' players.

When relegation is an increasingly real threat, I would rather have 11 players out there playing with their hearts, fighting all the way.

If we had seen that today, we could have come away from Leverkusen with a point and some pride. At this stage in the season we can not simply settle for the pride of a good first half.

If we do not win next weekend I think the trap door will open beneath us.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A draw was definitely possible, but again our second half performance is simply awful. 3 points next weekend, and if they don't get them we are through with this season. But that is not a conclusion to which I came after todays game.

Our players are just too inconsistent. Last weekend Vittek was quite good, today I can only remember two scenes with him. Saenko was good today, but should have scored with one of his chances to make it 2-1 at half time.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Fvck... what cheek! :mad:

Bayer verhaut Nürnzwerg
Berliner Kurier

Club im Sturzflug, Leverkusen Dritter

Leverkusen - Bayer schießt sich mit dem 4:1 (1:1) gegen Nürnberg aufs Spitzenspiel bei Bayern ein. Für den Club gilt bald wohl nur noch: byebye, Bundesliga! Zwei Teams, eine Spielklasse, zwei Welten!

Leverkusen ist nach den Treffern von Haggui (6.), Glauber (56./Eigentor), Gekas (59.) und Kießling (82.) schon Dritter, schielt auf die Champions League. Kießling: "Wir haben jetzt ein schönes Spiel in München und dürfen alle ein bisschen träumen. Wenn wir gegen die Bayern gewinnen, kann man über andere Ziele auch reden."

Und Nürnberg (Misimovic traf vor 22 500 Zuschauern zwischenzeitlich zum Ausgleich/ 12.) sollte sicherheitshalber auch für die Zweite Liga planen.

Es ist schon beänstigend, wie der FCN nach dem Trainerwechsel von Hans Meyer zu Thomas von Heesen (sieben Pflichtspiele, kein Sieg) immer weiter schrumpft. Vergangene Saison noch echt riesig als DFB-Pokalsieger und UEFA-Cup-Starter, jetzt ganz winzig, nur noch NürnZWERG.

Von Heesens Fazit nach der Klatsche zeigt das ganze Dilemma des Clubs: "Die erste Halbzeit war überragend. Aber mich ärgert, dass wir in der zweiten Auflösungserscheinungen gezeigt haben."

Aber mal ehrlich: Nürnberg war noch nie für Dauerhaftes gut. Nürnberg war immer die Mannschaft für besondere Momente. Und wer weiß, vielleicht stricken die Franken ja still und heimlich am Ultra-Mega-Peinlich- Rekord. 1969 stieg der Club als Meister ab - einmalig. Schafft er das 2008 auch als Pokalsieger, ist das nicht mehr zu toppen. Garantiert! (AF)
This text should be pinned on the locker room door.

It was definitely a shit game, but "Nürnzwerg"! (Nürndwarf) .. "noch nie für Dauerhaftes gut" (never good for something everlasting). What the fvck... this is not an appropriate style for a newspaper, even for a tabloid. Nothing more could this Berliner Kurier be. As if their local world class team has shown anything decent in the last years.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Nah, and we played UEFA Cup. In Bu-Liga we are shit, same like steadily overrated pathetic Hertha. They are the last ones who could laugh over us.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
slovak newspapers doing a big drama of it.

Phantom suffers!
(Mintal refused an interview, hugely disappointed by last loss)

Robert Vittek had no problem to speak.

Q: Positives of last game ?
R.V.: Howabout me, playing in starting line-up after injury that could easily end my career makes me happy. But who cares about my feelings ? Club´s standings is crucial right now. This 2nd half in Leverkusen was catastrophe.

Q: Are you missing self-possession ?
R.V.: Yes I do, but it´s not only my problem, whole team is missing self-possession.
Can´t help myself but I´ve got a feeling some team-mates don´t want to cooperate with me. I´m running and waiting on ball but balls don´t come. In Lev was waiting on back pass from Saenko and it didn´t come, otherwise I´d be in 100% chance. Misimovic was overlooking me whole game long as well. It´s a shame, atmosphere in locker room isn´t good.

Q: you don´t play striker but RM, right ?
R.V. yes it means more defensive duties, that´s modern football. My bad I´m not 100% ready after my injury.

Q: do you remember such a misery in FCN ?
R.V. Yes and No. During WoWo era we played against relagation but our turn came sooner. After last 2 great seasons I think this season is nightmare. Some players still didn´t wake up, some of them are missing fighting spirit. We have quality team but no points.

Q: your prediction vs. Bochum ?
R.V. it´s our last chance. I´m far from being pesimist but if we don´t win this one we can say goodbye to Bundesliga. Even if we win it doesn´t mean we are in safe zone.

Q: how much time you need to find your good old form ?
R.V. can´t afford to waste much time, within 2-3 games I must be back. Can´t wait on friendly Slovakia vs.Iceland, need to reset my head.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CL football ;)
and when? They only managed to be 2-3 places above place 6 where we were last season. And what did they win in the last years, after their long, long phase in 2nd division, oh, and also 3rd divison... nothing? ;)

slovak newspapers doing a big drama of it.

Phantom suffers!
(Mintal refused an interview, hugely disappointed by last loss)

Robert Vittek had no problem to speak.

Q: Positives of last game ?
R.V.: Howabout me, playing in starting line-up after injury that could easily end my career makes me happy. But who cares about my feelings ? Club´s standings is crucial right now. This 2nd half in Leverkusen was catastrophe.

Q: Are you missing self-possession ?
R.V.: Yes I do, but it´s not only my problem, whole team is missing self-possession.
Can´t help myself but I´ve got a feeling some team-mates don´t want to cooperate with me. I´m running and waiting on ball but balls don´t come. In Lev was waiting on back pass from Saenko and it didn´t come, otherwise I´d be in 100% chance. Misimovic was overlooking me whole game long as well. It´s a shame, atmosphere in locker room isn´t good.

Q: you don´t play striker but RM, right ?
R.V. yes it means more defensive duties, that´s modern football. My bad I´m not 100% ready after my injury.

Q: do you remember such a misery in FCN ?
R.V. Yes and No. During WoWo era we played against relagation but our turn came sooner. After last 2 great seasons I think this season is nightmare. Some players still didn´t wake up, some of them are missing fighting spirit. We have quality team but no points.

Q: your prediction vs. Bochum ?
R.V. it´s our last chance. I´m far from being pesimist but if we don´t win this one we can say goodbye to Bundesliga. Even if we win it doesn´t mean we are in safe zone.

Q: how much time you need to find your good old form ?
R.V. can´t afford to waste much time, within 2-3 games I must be back. Can´t wait on friendly Slovakia vs.Iceland, need to reset my head.
well, that doesn't sound too good. But what could you expect from the atmosphere within the team in our situation.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That was a rhetoric question. :pp ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts