Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vs.

"Irgendwann muss es genug sein mit diesen Schlägen auf die Fresse, die wir ständig einstecken müssen - es reicht!" (Bader after the Benfica game)

Sorry for the German quote, but that's it. Cottbus has to bleed now. Go FCN!!!!

We have to replace Saenko, so I think we will play with Adler on his position, or von Heesen makes slight changes and Mintal gets a place in the first 11.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
12 Hertha BSC 21 8 3 10 23:28 -5 27
13 VfL Bochum 21 7 5 9 32:35 -3 26
14 Hansa Rostock (N) 21 6 3 12 19:30 -11 21
15 Arminia Bielefeld 21 5 3 13 20:44 -24 18
16 MSV Duisburg (N) 21 5 2 14 22:34 -12 17
17 1. FC Nürnberg (P) 20 4 4 12 22:33 -11 16
18 Energie Cottbus 20 3 7 10 22:35 -13 16

The relegation zone... ok, more or less. ;) Normally Hertha and Bochum are through, but who knows. Hertha should be definitely through when they hopefully beat Duisburg at home next weekend.

Rostock and Bielefeld lost their games today, so nothing has changed in that area above us. Duisburg is one point above due to their win against Bielefeld, a draw would have been better, but at least no Arminia win.

A win from us tomorrow and our season starts anew and we finally kick it off. Can't wait to get into the stadium... in 24h we know more. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
The importance of this game is immense.

Win and the fears are slighltly eased.

Draw and the fears deepen.

Lose and only a very small hope remains.

Go get them Glubb...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have tried all season to be positive about Blazek...

I have finally cracked. A friend of mine has suggested that we would have 10 more points with Schaefer in goals this season.

I have to agree.

When RS left for Stuttgart someone obviously thought it made good business sense to let him go. Good business sense would be to stay in the BL but that looks increasingly doubtful.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm back home... I feel sick. I'm close to start puking.

I have to agree with you Jon, that should have been his last game. And the coach doesn't help Blazek anymore when he backs him. The fans will start booing him off right at the beginning in the next game.

by the way.. I haven't seen it on TV? Was it really a mistake by Blazek?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Kajoo said:
zweite liga, nürnberg ist dabei :wallbang:

:D

i don't care anymore. we destroyed the best possible situation to build up a fantastic team able to fight for international football every season. now we're going into 2. bundesliga. and we will be there for a long, long time!

i hate it.

oh and btw: applause and cheering for the players after this match? you gotta be kidding me !

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Jon G said:
I have tried all season to be positive about Blazek...

I have finally cracked. A friend of mine has suggested that we would have 10 more points with Schaefer in goals this season.

I have to agree.

When RS left for Stuttgart someone obviously thought it made good business sense to let him go. Good business sense would be to stay in the BL but that looks increasingly doubtful.
RS wanted to leave and I noone can complain about his decision because he was one of the heroes who carried us on his shoulders from 2nd Bu-Liga to DFB-Cup and deserved to get a shot in ChL team. Until now it´s OK.

Acquiring 35 years old bum like Blazek was mind-boggling. I follow czech league closely and Blazek was never my fav, he´s solid keeper that rarely makes a mistake but nothing special. What he had to save he saved but nothing more. What´s the difference he used to play for Sparta that is dominating czech league like Bayern in Germany and their goalkeepers aren´t exactly busiest men on pitch.

Sparta was unsuccesfully pimping him around the Europe for at least 2 years and nobody wanted him, only we idiots had to jump after it. When we signed Blazek, FCN was laughing stock on czech football-related message boards.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Weird. When I said Blazek sucks months ago I took a lot of criticism in this forum...

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
OPM said:
i don't care anymore. we destroyed the best possible situation to build up a fantastic team able to fight for international football every season. now we're going into 2. bundesliga. and we will be there for a long, long time!
we focused too much on getting rid of our debts instead of building up competitive team. Once we signed Vito, Mintal and got some good players for free (Saenko, Misimovic) we believed how good scouting/transfer policy we have but it was only delusion, last 2 years we are poor seller selling young studs and signing overpayed old farts. If we had youth Academy like Ajax OK but even our youth systems sucks so letting our promising youngsters go is IDIOTIC !

we should take an example from Bochum´s transfer policy. Or Karlsruhe this season. Or find some Abramovich´s clone who will pump his oil-money into us.

OPM said:
i hate it.
me too :frownani:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OPM said:
:D

i hate it.
yes, I agree with you. In the best Glubb-manner is the team able to destroy the work from the last years.

OPM said:
oh and btw: applause and cheering for the players after this match? you gotta be kidding me !
ok, I didn't applaud either... but just because I was too frustrated. You can't blame them for not doing enough. There's still a much, much wider gap between them and the team from 2003 imo.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
bochum17 said:
Is Vittek any closer to a return? I understand he had a fever which stopped him from playing today.

can´t wait his comeback as well, hopefully next Weekend he can strike.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kajoo said:
...you also told that Kennedy is bad player.
but he also predicted a great Karlsruhe season. ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts