Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am really not sure what to expect out of Bayern for this one. Hitzfeld has already said that Kahn may sit out (rest) and Ribery and Jansen are doubtful with minor injuries.

So...

Rensing - Lell, van Buyten, DeMichelis, Lahm - Kroos, ze Roberto, Ottl, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Podolski

Just a guess.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Hitzfeld's rotation system is going to be key here. Here is a chance for Bayern 2nd choice players to prove their worth. Out with injuries are Ribery and Jansen. Kahn rested and van Bommel again suspended. Sagnol and Altintop still out of contention.

I bealive Hitzfeld will opt for:

Rensing - Lell, Lucio, van Buyten, Lahm - Ottl - Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Sosa - Toni, Podolski.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Goalkeaper: Kahn rested so Rensing in.
Full-backs: Well we only have two available (Lahm and Lell).
Central defenders: Hitzfeld will surely give a rest to one of them. Lucio or Demichelis for van Buyten if he gets an OK in training.
Defensive midfield: Probably the task will be handed in for Ottl and Zé. But I rather give it just to Ottl, since Zé is probably really tired from the Getafe match and Hitzfeld must give him some rest. On the other hand, van Bommel as usual is suspended.
Ofensive midfield: Ribery is probably out. Schweinsteiger will definetly play and so I bealive Sosa will come in for Ribery. If Hitzfeld opts for just Ottl in DM, then Kroos might get a start in the game.
Strikers: I also bealive that Hitzfeld will rotate one of the two strikers. Probably Klose, since Toni is on a roll. :D

THe reason for all of this rotations is beacuse of the mental and physical effort of Bayern's UEFA Cup clash. If we as fans are still tired of celebrating Toni's goal.. imagine how they are!

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Need to be a little bit off-topic because there is no real place for this elsewhere :pp:
I just love Salihamidzic for what he did today :D.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
He scored 2 goals vs Milan.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
BVB's defence is a joke, surely even Podolski will score in this one :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kahn - Lahm, Demichelis, van Buyten, Sagnol, ze Roberto, Lell - Ottl, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Podolski

Obviously a different look today for Bayern...

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I need somebody to give me a link to the first two goals later. I online was able to get the stream from 10th minute on because of having to shift laptop to get a good wlan connection :rollani: ;).

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow... I really wish Bayern would have come out with much more energy, focus, and enthusiasm in this match...

I am kidding, obviously.

Good grief. Can I sub in and score now?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts