·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add some intrigue, perhaps...?

Demichelis suspended by Bayern for refusing position change

The Associated Press
Friday, March 14, 2008
MUNICH, Germany: Bayern Munich suspended defender Martin Demichelis on Friday for refusing a move to defensive midfield.

The Argentine international balked at playing the position in the Bundesliga frontrunner's contest against Energie Cottbus on Saturday.

"A player can't state his wishes," Hitzfeld said. "Until further notice he is suspended."

Hitzfeld also levied a one-game suspension on Oliver Kahn in December, after the goalkeeper publicly criticized the play of teammates Luca Toni and Franck Ribery when Bayern was mired in a slump.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Bayern matchday squad: Kahn, Rensing, Lell, Lahm, Jansen, Lucio, Van Buyten, Breno, Altintop, Sosa, Ottl, Zé Roberto, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Ribéry, Toni, Klose, Podolski.

Yes indeed Micho was suspended.

“Players do not choose where they want to play. It is not a request show, it remains exclusively a decision for the coach, and I acted accordingly,” continued Hitzfeld, insisting he currently saw no need to change his central defensive pairing. “Daniel van Buyten has improved considerably since the winter break, he and Lucio are first-choice at the moment.“

Demichelis reacted with fury to the news. “Unfortunately, the player let his emotions run away with him. I was left with no choice but not to take Martin to Cottbus and to suspend him from training until further notice,” Hitzfeld explained.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I think Demichelis is pissed beacuse he knows van Buyten will take his place on central defense and beacuse Bayern did not allowed him to go as one of the 'old-players of Argentina' for the Olympic games.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
God and baby Jesus, the team certainly doesn't need that kind of drama at this point of the season. Self destruct...

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
As usual, if anyone can save me please, please give me a Sopcast channel or a link for the game :D

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
We don't need cry babies. Micho did very well in the defensive midfield position during the last two bundesliga matches and was one of the best players in both and especially in Schalke. In the absence of Bommel, Hitzfeld has to play one defensive midfielder and that is Micho. Normally, Ze and Bommel are sharing that duty. I am glad that Hitzfeld suspended him for now. Micho apologized later on and the matter is settled for now.

Anyway, today's lineup is without any hard man and a true defensive player in midfield. It will be interesting to see how it will work out.

Here is the lineup:

Kahn

Lell-Lucio-Buyten-Lahm
Altintop-Schwieni-Ze-Ribery
Toni-Klose

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Kahn - Lell, van Buyten, Lucio, Lahm - Zé Roberto - Hamit Altintop, Schweinsteiger - Ribery - Toni, Klose

So Kicker says diamond.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
We don't need cry babies. Micho did very well in the defensive midfield position during the last two bundesliga matches and was one of the best players in both and especially in Schalke. In the absence of Bommel, Hitzfeld has to play one defensive midfielder and that is Micho. Normally, Ze and Bommel are sharing that duty. I am glad that Hitzfeld suspended him for now. Micho apologized later on and the matter is settled for now.

Anyway, today's lineup is without any hard man and a true defensive player in midfield. It will be interesting to see how it will work out.

Here is the lineup:

Kahn

Lell-Lucio-Buyten-Lahm
Altintop-Schwieni-Ze-Ribery
Toni-Klose
Do you have the link or sopcast channel for the game Kal?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Kahn - Lell, van Buyten, Lucio, Lahm - Zé Roberto - Hamit Altintop, Schweinsteiger - Ribery - Toni, Klose

So Kicker says diamond.
I was first to mention the lineup. :pp

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
:nono: Ribery misses the penalty..

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
It is good that he missed, although obviously it was not his intention. But for me it was no penalty and therefore we shouldn't have scored from it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, at the worst, Bayern will still be up 4 in the table after this agonizing loss, presuming the score stays this way. What is it about Bayern and matches like this that that are the obvious favorite?

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I wonder when people will realize that rotation is crap. I have said it all along...

You can't have in game match understanding between the players when there is no core in every game. I knew we would be bad in this game right after the UEFA Cup match and I will tell you why: Hitzfeld is giving the players excuses. The players in the UEFA Cup match thought they are unbeatable because the other players used to win. And the players today thought they are unbeatable because they weren't the ones to lose in the UEFA Cup, they blaimed the other players for the loss.

All of Bayern's problems are self-made and 50+% of them are Hitzfeld's mistakes.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
2-0 Cottbus: we suck big time.

There is no defensive midfield, where the **** is Andreas Ottl? Ribery missing penalties, Lucio taking free-kicks. Is Altintop even playing?

Shitty line-up from Ottmar. Hitzfeld must make at least 2 substitutions in half-time. If not then we will see Bayern fall for third time in the year, second time in a row.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts