·
Registered
58,805 Posts
Bayern are wasteful tonight

·
Registered
17,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At least we didn't concede but the old problem remains. We don't convert and we did have good chances with Costa, Vidal and Robben. Also I thought Guardiola took 10-15 minutes too long to make the Costa-Ribery substitute, would have liked to have that earlier.

·
Registered
58,805 Posts
Bayern could have won, but also could have lost. Their defending and finishing need improving.

·
Registered
15,598 Posts
Decent game that could have been a great game if both teams finished their chances better. In a sense both teams should feel content with the result, although Bayern more rueful as they missed the better of the chances.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Also I thought Guardiola took 10-15 minutes too long to make the Costa-Ribery substitute, would have liked to have that earlier.
It was a very entertaining 0-0.

Yes, agree, Ribery coming in around 60 mins would have been better.

Also, very surprised Gotze is seeing no action at all. Lewandowski was well shackled by Hummels and Bender. I would have liked to see Muller upfront and Gotze behind him for the last ten mins or so.

Also, this is the first time this season I've watched Dortmund play live. Tuchel has put together a very good unit. They have all the hallmarks of Klopp's aggressive pressing game but Tuchel has also got them now keeping the ball well between the back 6.

Weigl was very impressive. Looks like he'll be a starter for the NT at some point soon.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Also, Kimmich had a very good game but come on, you can't keep playing him at CB waiting for that disaster round the corner.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
It was a very entertaining 0-0.

Yes, agree, Ribery coming in around 60 mins would have been better.

Also, very surprised Gotze is seeing no action at all. Lewandowski was well shackled by Hummels and Bender. I would have liked to see Muller upfront and Gotze behind him for the last ten mins or so.

Also, this is the first time this season I've watched Dortmund play live. Tuchel has put together a very good unit. They have all the hallmarks of Klopp's aggressive pressing game but Tuchel has also got them now keeping the ball well between the back 6.

Weigl was very impressive. Looks like he'll be a starter for the NT at some point soon.
Why is that surprising? I don't think Gotze has been in the starting 11 in more than three games in a row since he came to the club nearly three years ago. He desperately wanted to be coached by Guardiola but Guardiola didn't necessarily want Gotze or at least he didn't really include him in his plans.

I'm not sure if we were watching the same game. Weigl had a very average performance, lost the ball multiple times and made poor passes that could have easily resulted in Bayern scoring a goal. He's a great young prospect but lately his performances have been below par for the most part.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts