Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are all thinking on Barcelona and the quarter finals but Bayern must not forget the Bundesliga.

We play with one striker against KSC and I hope we can win. Who does Hertha play against?

FC Bayern probable line-up:

Rensing - Oddo, Van Buyten, Lucio, Lahm - Van Bommel, Demichelis - Schweinsteiger, Zé Roberto - Ribéry - Podolski

Bench: Butt, Lell, Borowski, Ottl, Breno, Sosa, Müller

Injured list: Toni, Klose and Altintop

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On the injury list, we recovered Borowski and Ribery. Very good news!

And I think that for the next BL matchday, both Toni and Altintop will come back, leaving only Klose on the injury list.

I just hope no more players get injured.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I don't think of Barcelona for one second now...

Hertha plays in Stuttgart. Let's go Gomez!

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Deserved although close win and Stuttgart beat Hertha. We are 2nd now together with Wolfsburg 1 point behind Berlin.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Wolfsburg are 2nd? What the heck :rolleyes: How has the 2 Italians been playing at Wolfsburg if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Barzagli is one of only 4 players in the league that played every single minute this season. His ratings are average. Zaccardo sucks, hardly plays and very bad ratings.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I suppose the ratungs can be average, but Barzagli must be doing something right to play all the time for a team joint 2nd of the bundesliga. Zaccardo is not a terrible player, but he belongs to a mid-lower level team of Serie A.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
There was no disrespect for Barzagli. I said he managed to play every single minute. ;)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think 90% of Wolfsburg success is due to our former coach, Felix Magath. Congratulations for him!

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
I think 90% of Wolfsburg success is due to our former coach, Felix Magath. Congratulations for him!
No way.
Of course Magath is doing a good job but apart from Magath, Wolfsburg has a very good team. Grafite, Misimovic, Dzeko, Schäfer and Barzagli could even be starters for Bayern. And then there are further talented players like Gentner, Josue and so on.

You should not forget that this squad is not coming out of nowhere, Magath was allowed to spend huge amounts of money to create a new Wolfsburg team.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Excuse me, but Magath chose those players all by himself!!!

Huge amount or not, Bayern and Hamburg spent huge amounts as well. But unlike their coaches Magath is also the manager and is fully responsible for the transfers. So you cannot take the credit from him for choosing the right players.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No way.
Of course Magath is doing a good job but apart from Magath, Wolfsburg has a very good team. Grafite, Misimovic, Dzeko, Schäfer and Barzagli could even be starters for Bayern. And then there are further talented players like Gentner, Josue and so on.
Just so that you know... Misimovic was a Bayern player and never made it.

Magath is in fact responsable for this team success. He and he alone choose those players and gave them the opportunity to play good and classy football.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Excuse me, but Magath chose those players all by himself!!!

Huge amount or not, Bayern and Hamburg spent huge amounts as well. But unlike their coaches Magath is also the manager and is fully responsible for the transfers. So you cannot take the credit from him for choosing the right players.
The difference between us (HSV) or you on the one side and Wolfsburg on the other side is : HSV and Bayern first have to earn the money they want to spend. We were not able to spend big until we sold the likes of vdV and Kompany last summer.
The club Wolfsburg does not need to earn the money they want to spend on the transfer market, the Volkswagen CEO Winterkorn is handing Magath a big bag full of money and then he can go shopping. This makes it much easier for Magath.

It's exactly the same like in Chelsea or Manchester City, even if the overall amount of money spent for transfers is still much higher over there.

But you are right, Magath has done a great job and except Zaccardo, all of his big transfers were successful - this is a fantastic rate. But nevertheless those investor ridden clubs will never have my full respect.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No ****ing coach is responsible for 90% of his team's success, not even Beckenbauer, not Cruyff, not Cappello and definitely not an average one like Magath.

So what? Lahm didn't make it initially at Bayern too. Rothose is obviously talking about the present time.
Well in the present time, Bayern still won't need someone like Misimovic on their squad.

Besides, Beckenbauer, Cruyff and Capello were COACHES, Magath is THE MANAGER of the team.

And yes, if Magath had not come to Wolfsburg hadn't bought does players, Wolfsburg will probably be in the mid-table or even more down.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Whatever it is. Wofsburg deserve to be at the top end of the table as they currently are.

Unlike Hertha, I've seen them play only a few times, but I can't believe they are at the top. I dont think they deserve to be even in the top 5. But they are getting the results somehow.

I also cant understand how Gladbach are still in the bottom 3. The 3-4 times I saw them play was against Bayern, werder and Hamburg and they were simply fantastic.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Misimovic wouldn't start any game for Bayern just like Podolski doesn't do. Of course Magath isn't responsible for 90% of the Wolfsburg success but he is more responsible for the success of his team than any other coach in the league, that is a fact. And looking WHAT he changed (50+ transfers ;)) and where he started it is simply amazing where they are now, money or not. You can put in tons of money and still are crap like Man City...

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Actually Man City would beat the shit out of Wolfsburg, even with a crap coach like Hughes. :D

The point is that if you're even a decent coach/manager, you must put your team at least in the top 4-5 of the table if you have had the top 2-3 budget of the league. If you can't achieve that you're a crap coach/manager. If you achieve that, it doesn't make you a great coach, just a good one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts