Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really excited and looking forward to this one. Must admit more than the 3 points for Bayern, I'm looking forward to the spectacle of the match.

I've seen a couple of games of Hoff and the rest highlights and their attacking trio are easily going to cause our defence problems.

I know it sound's a bit corny,crazy and stupid, but I hope Klinsi doesn't think too much about containing Hoff and we take it to them as well. The 2 best attacking teams in the league and it'll be shame if it turns out to be a tactical stalemate.

4-3, that's what I say :drunk:

·
Super
4,283 Posts
All I care about is that W, I don't care how they get it as long as they get it.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Rensing - Lahm, van Buyten, Lucio, Oddo - Ribery, Ze Roberto, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Klose

Good choice to leave out Demichelis imo.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
You can say he saved us but I will tell you one thing, we need to get rid of Toni as soon as possible. No way we can live with such a waster. Even the goal was pure luck, he shot it against the keeper that stupid idiot :wallbang:.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Firstly a great game. I dont normally watch the bundesliga, but this was exciting to see.

Secondly, even if I partly agree that Toni is a waster, there is simply no coincedence that Toni can get all of these chances and the odds are that he will score. Through out Inzaghi's career many said the same, he is a wasteful finisher, and he is like Toni in that sense, but both didnt score around 20 league goals a season for no reason. Bayern can maybe get a striker who can finish better or has greater techincal ability, but that striker still may not score as many as Toni does and in the end its the goal tally that counts.

Plus there are patches where Toni does finish pretty well and in them patches he can score nearly 2 goals every 1.5 games.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Hoffenheim contained Ribery today in most of the match and that hurted us very much. Schweinsteiger was shit and Zé was more busy getting kicked by the Hoff players.

All in all, Lahm as our best player today, Zé and Ribery had a good match, Klose was OK and Toni scored. On the defense, Lucio and van Buyten were OK with the exception of 2 plays: the Hoff goal and the man2man situation of Salihovic and Rensing.

I didn't like 2 players today: Schweinsteiger overall and Oddo's crossing.

On the Toni issue, although missed like 4 chances and screw Ribery+Buyten chances to score, he did what he has to; SCORE!

Now we are tied with them and lets hope that Schalke can do us a favour (of course this and us winning in Stuttgart).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well in the end it wasn't a thriller but it was a good game.

Toni is crap, agreed, but like Deano said he does seem to score the goals somehow, but regardless, Bayern cannot afford to miss the few chances that come by when we play much better opposition.

It was a fortunate victory and a draw would have been a fairer result.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Didn't realize the match was played on Friday instead of on Saturday. Oh well, I am just thrilled they got the W at the end of the day. A good result. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
In know my opinion on the Toni issue is not the most welcomed but I stick to it. In the last 5 games alone he had chances to get past Ibisevic in the scorers table if you really watched the games. Creating the opportunities is a delusive point. In fact he has players around him that create very well, speaking of Klose or Ribery mostly. And the reason why he always is the one that has to finish is because he doesn't move his ass away from the front line. I know that one is a bit hard on him but watch the work rate of Klose and then you will understand the frustration if someone that just has to knock the ball into the net isn't able to convert more than 20% of his clear chances...

And about Oddo and his crosses, bring in Lell, he is definitely better. And Lell actually sucks :wallbang:.

Once again I need to credit van Buyten though and Lahm was just brilliant today.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I thought Oddo did at least 3 or 4 top quality crosses tyesterday. He set up Toni on 2 great headed chances. In fact yesterday Oddo was certainly better than normal.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Toni is a waster of chances and last night highlighted that. What he does is never hide though and the opportunities he spurns doesn't seem to affect him too badly. He is always showing for the next chance. He is getting himself in to positions to score and the law of averages say that you will nick one eventually. Very reminiscent of Inzhaghi. He isn't good to watch though. At times pretty crude. Amauri is a similar striker but better than him. Doesn't need as many chances to get on the scoresheet. More efficient than Toni.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Amauri isnt that similar to Toni... he gets less chances, but is techincally much better and can score his chances and assist many too. Amauri is more like Berbatov, but braver, less tricky.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Well similar in that they are both strong, very physical forwards but yes Amauri is much better technically than Toni. Take it that with those words that you would much prefer Amauri than Toni starring for the Azzuri?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
No because Amauri is not Italian, but Toni isnt technically great, but he is a threat. I would say, ask any defender, if they enjoy playing against a person who is simply too strong every time... the great thing about playing Toni is you can change your game plan, like Bayern did yesterday and simply throw the ball to him and let him make a nuisance... if the guy could finish better, he would be a legend, but you do not score 50 goals in 2 seasons for Fiorentina if you are not a top striker.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Lell sucks and is still better than Oddo...

Oddo is just lucky since he is at Bayern. He did about 30 crosses and 27 of them are as bad as it gets but the other three led to goals. I don't consider that a good crosser.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well yesterday Oddo did 2 bad crosses, but the rest were pretty good. Anyway Oddo is another player, who looks clumsy, but in the end can produce the goods when you need it. However, he is already past his best and his best was never that good. Being a yong German you would prefer Lell, but I dont know, maybe Klinsmann feels more confident with Oddo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts