Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all the 3 teams that are on top of us (Hertha, Hamburg, Hoffenheim) have lost points on Saturday.

We MUST win, and we will be 2nd and just 1 point behind Hoffenheim.

Probable FCB line-up:

Rensing - Lell, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Zé Roberto, Van Bommel - Schweinsteiger, Ribery - Klose, Toni

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I don't know why, but I have the feeling we will cruise to an easy victory today.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its wasnt that easy, but the victory is all that matters! We did play superbly on the 1st half and probably deserved to be at least 3-1 up at half time.

I think Altintop needs to get his game back together, the 10 mins he played today were complete average.

Oh and Luca Toni needs to be benched. He is wasting all the oportunities given.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Not easy from the result or the time the goals were scored but from the chances it could have been a double digit win... ;)

The problem with benching Toni is no substitutes. Donovan or Podolski? :pp However he is really giving me a headache every time he plays.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Good match, good play. Altinop shows how he hasn't started a game since August.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It is just amazing how many times, either Schweini or Lell found themselves in the region outside the right hand side of the penalty box.

The dortmund players kept back and no one would challenge them. They preferred to hold their line. The reason? Simple, the chances of either Schweini or Lell delivering in a half decent cross is probably 1 in 10:yuck. So dortmund played the odds.

Compare that with the left flank where Ribery and Lahm were being double teamed at every opportunity.

I know this is not going to be a welcome analogy, but I wish we had a right hand side player like Beckham in his prime. Just someone who is decent in possession but can whip those deliveries in for Klose and Toni.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Salihamidzic and Sagnol were a great combination. Anyhow, I think Schweinsteiger was OK. The main issue is Lell on the right.

And also, I saw in this match how we are in desperate need of someone like Tymoshuck.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
We had Salihamidzic for years...

That was pretty good. ;)
Yeah, brazzo was good and could do it of either foot, but we had elber back then who wasn't exactly the best in the air going around.

Sagnol was pretty consistent too. Actually, I think even Oddo sucks less than Schweini+Lell currently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts