Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is apporxamatly 2-3 million people from Turkey in Germany. Ussually our teams prefer to make their pre-season training and play their friendlys there so that they can make some money.

I wonder why our club have not been more active here. As we know these group have very high purchasing power, so why not locating some of our more unimportant games in Europe to Germany? One example could be our Bodö game that we played earlier this season.

But our club could try to revive the "Spor Yazarlari Dernegi" cup and play it in Germany with Fener and Cimbom, i am sure that those three games pre-season would generate lots of income.

I just feel that this is a group with high purchasing power(compared to Turkey) and our club should do more to utilize it.

·
*the drum drum*
43,183 Posts
Playing official matches in Germany wouldn't be something I'd support, especially after all the lobbying that was done by Turks when BJK and GS's matches where moved to Germany last season..

And I don't think that home-based supporters would look too highly on the idea. They'd probably protest at the next home match :rollani:

The Spor Yazarlari cup would be a good idea though.. Played in Germany or not, I think that cup should still be around in the pre-season!~

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tolga said:
Playing official matches in Germany wouldn't be something I'd support, especially after all the lobbying that was done by Turks when BJK and GS's matches where moved to Germany last season..
These games you are talking about was important games where home-support was critical to success. Those games i´m talking about is the unimportant ones against weak sides begining of the season.

Tolga said:
And I don't think that home-based supporters would look too highly on the idea. They'd probably protest at the next home match :rollani:
**** those free-ticket parasites... I dont think most of the other supportars would care as long as its the early season games. It could be at least tried once to see the reactions etc.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
whats "Spor Yazarlari Dernegi" cup ?
if its like pre-season match of juve-milan-inter match 45 min playing style each other, in one place a day, it will be very attractive for fans in germany.

there are so many Turks here but not enough to fill full the stadium sometimes.
three istanbul giants can run their pre-season match at smaller stadium when they play with german 2bd league teams.
like against hertha or bayern, its not enough people to earn money enough for their away-trip to germany.
european cups are different.
when gala or besikras come to germany, even as neutral area like last season, it is enough reason to go to the stadium as its a spectacle of DEAD OR ALIVE. i mean, if you can win, you go through next stage.its very exciting to go to the stadium for Turks here.

there are so many immigrants here for example,our next city called neuss has 18000 Turks.but i dont think they all go to the stadium. here you can find some turkish travel agencies planning to come to Turkey. even for derby in istanbul.they have own charter flight tour to istanbul.
when you take a daily flight between munich/dusseldorf to istanbul, there are some german-turks in the flight with black n white scarf or uniform.or having fenerium bags here and there in the aerocraft :D :D

i think if you want to see the match, you can go to istanbul on weekend.its not so expensive. so if you want to plan three giants to come to germany,it will needs something special as a spectacle.

about Bodö game, i feel sorry for turks around there, i heard there were not so much tickets for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts