Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bjelanovic has signed for Como, which is currently 2nd in Serie B... are they going into Serie A then next year?
(I dont follow italian football that much)

Small article in Vecernji:
http://www.vecernji-list.hr/2002/05/02/Pages/vlak.html
(bottom)

Its 5 yr contract and Como is supposedly Milan's team... we will see... it might be good to start small as long as you move up when you are at your highest
(where would Rapaic be today if he got sold when he could have been?)

·
©
7,230 Posts
Even if they get promoted, if he doesn't score 15 goals and the team gets relegated again then he will be playing Serie B anyway. He should have stayed in Cro for one more year ecspecially since he has been injured for so long.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Interesting move.

The only way to guage whether it is a good one or not is to wait a couple of years.

I like the idea of going to smaller clubs, I know it doesn't work all the time but they start slow consolidate then move forward to bigger and better things.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Yeah Como got promoted this year. It'll be good to see him in Serie A since there's so much coverage.

Dinamo has a point that if he doesn't score a lot and they get relegated he might be stuck, but let's just hope he scores a lot.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
02 May 2002 (Teamtalk) -- Varteks striker Sasa Bjelanovic has signed a five-year contract with Italian side Como, who are currently second in Serie B.
According to sources close to the club, Varteks will get 2.3million euros for the transfer.

"This is a dream come true. I have always wanted to play in Italy," said Bjelanovic, who has scored 16 goals in just 19 Croatian championship matches.

For the past five months the 22-year-old striker has not been playing for his team because

of a foot injury.

"I wanted to go to Italy as top goalscorer in our league. But a nasty injury stopped me, and that is why I feel a bit sorry," added Bjelanovic.

Como have secured promotion and they will be playing in Serie A next season

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, if he doesnt score a lot, then maybe he is not good enough anyway to play for Milan ;-)))

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you trying to say that if he doesnt score, he should still go to Milan? I dont get it... maybe Italians have some different rules?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I watch a game per week..so I do follow it a bit, not as much as Bundesliga or Premiership

·
International
8,545 Posts
The defence in Serie A is very strong, it's not a goalscoring paradise like La Liga or EPL. While Serie A has defenders like Thuram, Montero, Tudor, Nesta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Cordoba, Simic, Samuel, Maldini...just to name a few, La Liga has "top" defenders like Roberto Carlos whose biggest weakness is defending:D

Anyway, the point is that Bjelanovic in his first year at Serie A will find it difficult to score, even more difficult considering Como will have a weak team compared to the rest and he won't have the support needed to score a lot of goals.

Not many players can come into Serie A, join a weak team and score a lot of goals so if he doesn't score a lot in his first year, it doesn't mean that year will be seen as unsuccessful and it doesn't mean he won't be good enough to join Milan.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew that.. the thing is that if he is not ready for Como, then he wont be ready for Milan either... I believe he will do well, as long as he gets decent chance and a dozen starting places

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't know what you mean by not being ready for Como? Granted, if he gets a lot of playing time but manages nothing, then no he's not ready for Milan...but what I'm trying to say is that he doesn't need to be a goalscoring machine and nobody will expect him to be either.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so what you are saying is that 5 goals will get him into Milan?

I dont get it... he needs to prove himself if he wants to move up...

currently Serie A has 21 player that has scored 10 or more goals... 7 out of those 21 one are from bottom half of the table clubs...

So sure, its understandable that he will need to get used to it, etc... I for one wouldnt be dissapointed if he schores 6-7 goals first season...

but unless he scores anywhere from 10 to 15 goals, I doubt he will go to Milan anytime soon... especially since in smaller team, he will play many more games than he would in big team

you know Ivo, you are worse than me... I think you argue for the sake of arguing, even more than myself (and I am pretty bad)

·
International
8,545 Posts
You're just making assumptions...I never suggested 5 goals was enough, I just said he doesn't have to light it up. I agree, 10 goals is

I argue if I disagree, not just for the sake of it.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
true, you might be disagreening so you can argue

;-)

nobody said he would be failure, I for one am one of probably least critical ppl when it comes to young players (i definetly dont think that Vranjes or Leko are failures, etc)... what ppl said was that he needs to score a lot in order to move up, and thats true

I think he will have a decent chance to do something good, we will see once he starts, you never know

·
International
8,545 Posts
We just have very different opinions on football.

Lippi and Capello are two different coaches, completely different styles, but both successful coaches;)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do we... ?

Do you agree:

1. Bjelanovic is good prospect for the future and talanted player.
2. He will get more starting chances in smaller club.
3. He needs to adjust to italian league
4. For the first season, we should be verry happy with 5-7 goals
5. If he scores 10 or more, he is definetly good to play for bigger club

?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts