Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joachim Björklund just signed a four years contract with Sunderland!!!! Sunderland payed about 20 million crowns to Venezia.

I don't know if this was a good move. He didn't do much in Venezia, will he be able to adapt to Sunderland's tactics? As far as I know he has never played for any english club before, but I don't know enough about Sunderland to say anything about it.
He's getting old too.:googly:

....but now Schwarz :star: will have swedish company :)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I just think that Venezia played the wrong tactics suited from him in Serie A.I would be thrilled seeing him in a back three in Italy where he took a man marking position.he´s that kind of player.An awesome pace and not many in Serie A can beat,and decent enough in the air.That´s two very important things for being a man marker,plus the actual man marking skill,which he also has.
But Venezia played a back four,hence why he had more problems to adapt to the play.It´s a huge difference for a player of his kind to play in a back four and a back three.I think he would have succeeded if it was a back three. *hypothetical question*

In Sunderland now,he is supposed to replace Emerton Thome.Which makes him not a starter when he comes back,unless he plays extremely well.He will play in a back four there as well,but it doesn´t take as much technical skills to be a defender in the EPL than in Serie A and therefore I believe he can do a better job there.

Leaving Venezia wasn´t a mistake,but we have to wait and see if moving to Sunderland was a good move. :hopefull:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
bwah soon enough he wont be able to trust in his speed anymore.
Getting old and he never been knowned as smart defender has he?

Hes over

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I think this is good news. Not only for Sunderland and Björklund, but for the NT aswell.
Although we have a complete mid-defence with P. Andersson and Mellberg, Björklunds experience is of great value in such a big tournament as the WC :strong:
Sure he doens't have the same speed as 5 years ago, but I still think he has some stuff left to give :excited:

One thing our tactical genious Jimmy could explain for me...
If Björklund has the speed, is it his skills that stops him from being the perfect defensive winger :confused:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Björklund cant make a decent pass for 5 m so i dont think he would be a good left/rigth back.
He is also not used to playing that position.

Dont think it would be a good idea.

If he wants to play for the nt he haft to be reserve.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Since we don´t even play with defensive wingers,I don´t really know why you ask,but anyway. :D

Jocke is technically very bad compared to other defenders.He doesn´t have what it takes to play on the flanks at all.I´ve never seen him cross a ball,and that would be one of his duties then.The only way we could play him on the flank would to put him against a winger that needs to be marked out.And only give him that as his job.For an example to put him against Beckham in the England match.Although that wouldn´t be neccesary,considering that Beckham isn´t the kind of player some team has to mark out.Rather just try and cover up so he doesn´t make crosses.
But if there was one very pacey winger,then we could play him there,to just mark him out.But not regularly play him there,because then he would destroy our offensive work.

He´s a manmarker and that´s all.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I havent seen him this year but get the feeling "he's finished"... :(

But well, if he can adapt in Sunderland, get playing time, we shouldn't be that surprised if we see him in the WC-team anyway...
He's not as pacy as he used to be and he really relies on that as he's not the smartest defender around ;)
BUT he and Patrik Andersson knows eachother inside out and therefor I think he still would be able to do a good work for the NT.
And as Mellberg probably wont play with Andersson in the middle anyway(EVEN THOUGH ALL KNOWS HE SHOULD!!!) :irritate: I probably rather see Björklund toghether with Andersson then Mjällby or Svensson...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wakky said:
But well, if he can adapt in Sunderland, get playing time, we shouldn't be that surprised if we see him in the WC-team anyway...
He said no to the NT last time he was aked, I would be surprised if he changes his mind.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Solehri said:

He said no to the NT last time he was aked, I would be surprised if he changes his mind.
I have got the feeling they will try to convince him in making a NT comeback and will he really say no to play in the WC if he get the chance?
I dont think so...

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
JUAN F said:
Did he play against Man U?
Yes, and he's reported to have played REALLY,REALLY poor Im afriad to say :(

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I read he got booked after 6 minutes and then Van Nistelroy did what he wanted with him :eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
In his last game at Venezia he scored an own goal

Panathinaikos r tracking on Daniel Andersson but he says he is not going to move beacuse he is happy at venezia and wants the team to stay clear of the relegation zone I think he should move

1 - 13 of 13 Posts