Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was I the only one who hoped for a draw this derby, dont get me wrong i am thrilled with the win, but who is with me that it would of been sweeter to draw...
imagine that then

inter is 11 pts back in scudetto with no chance of winning
in europe porto goes to milan and ties 2-2...and inter is out
and same in coppa.....

inter goes undefeated for the season, and wins nothing....

that would of been the ultimate end all to be all.....inter fans would feel worse then they did in 98 :)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Think of it this way, now Inter has a good chance at breaking another record. "Longest unbroken streak of home losses to the same team" :D The record is currently held by Modena (who lost 7 times at home to Torino in the 40s) ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Interesting point of view :shades:
However, call me Old Fashioned, but a win is win :stuckup:
However, hats off to your "Bittersweet" theory :shades: that some members may indeed appreciate :stuckup:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
There's nothing better than winning a derby, even more so when that win puts an end to a 40 game unbeaten streak of our beloved Cugini!!!:stuckup::happy: :jester:

Cheers.;)

P.S. Lav, don't worry about the CL, Porto will give the X-Men what they want: A beautiful 2-2 in the return leg!!!!:happy::jester: Just watch!!!;)

Cheers.;)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Inter's 40 games winning streak was interesting, But losing vs us in the derby meant they have no possible chance of winning the scudetto. They can now fully concentrate on CL, that is better for Serie A. I hate when teams get knocked out cause they think they can win the league. I'm glad we beat them too, Juve shouldn't win the scudetto when we're playing better.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Nice theory, Lav, though there is nothing better than winning yet another derby, I will never get bored of it, just the opposite.

See it like this... they had their precious little record, that was stopped and buried together with their last title hopes in the derby, yet against a dream of the nerazzuri was destroyed by Milan.

For the new generation Inter fans, like those at this forum, the most memorable successes of Inter, despite the worthless Coppa Perdenti (UEFA Cup), is reaching the semifinals of the CL (where they were stopped by us) and making this nice not-loosing record (stopped by us again).

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I wouldn't care about inter's records or winning/losses !! I'm only happy that we grabbed the 3 points from the Derby !!
Otherwise it is a nice idea ;) but maybe when we r 6 points or more ahead on top of the table!! I like it !!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Lav said:
Was I the only one who hoped for a draw this derby, dont get me wrong i am thrilled with the win, but who is with me that it would of been sweeter to draw...
imagine that then

inter is 11 pts back in scudetto with no chance of winning
in europe porto goes to milan and ties 2-2...and inter is out
and same in coppa.....

inter goes undefeated for the season, and wins nothing....

that would of been the ultimate end all to be all.....inter fans would feel worse then they did in 98 :)
those Milan fans :rollani:

anyway, i still gonna support ACM against ManU in CL, just only for the reason that you are from Italy.
never heard of supporting Italian football ?!
there are guys who say: italy = 9-1-0
well, at inter we're trying to proove something to the world,
and play entertaining football, and i hope it will be even better against Porto.
you should be proud that there're still 3 great teams in CL from North Italy ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
sub-d said:

anyway, i still gonna support ACM against ManU in CL, just only for the reason that you are from Italy.
there are guys who say: italy = 9-1-0
well, at inter we're trying to proove something to the world,
and play entertaining football, and i hope it will be even better against Porto.
you should be proud that there're still 3 great teams in CL from North Italy ;)

I support inter against Porto!! But the DERBY had a special taste, a win against the "non-loosing" squad, it got to be awsome!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Look guys who the hell is this Biscardi guy on La7 he pisses me off big time even tho i can't understand him

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
sub-d said:

This may be hard for you to believe, but fans are individuals. :eek: Some support Inter in UCL, some don't. I betted on Inter proceeding in UCL so I surerly want you to succed with that.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well the real fans support their country. Its suprising though that the fans who live in the center of it alll are the most spoiled ones and will want a Real Madrid to triumph over their domestic rivals.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Well the real fans support their country.
And some fans don't live in the country of the team they support...:neutral:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I live in the USA. I root for USA. If that is what you're getting at. I also root for other teams as well and I am free to do so. One of them is Italia. Which in fact I like and have family living in Venice, though very distant family. Last time I checked I can support two teams but can only live in one place, so what should I do MR smart guy?

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I live in the USA. I root for USA.
Never see you in our forum. :googly:

Pulsar36 said:
If that is what you're getting at. I also root for other teams as well and I am free to do so. One of them is Italia. Which in fact I like and have family living in Venice, though very distant family. Last time I checked I can support two teams but can only live in one place, so what should I do MR smart guy?
I don't think you can support two nations whole heartedly. Just like the theory that you can be completely loyal to two teams. You can't. Being completely loyal to a team means you care about them above all no matter what's happening, no matter who's playing. So if the two teams you're "completely loyal" to were to play, then you couldn't support them both. Even if it's impossibe for them to play (i.e. an American club team and a European club team) then you can't be a supporter of both because a supporter roots his team on no matter what - and you can't support two teams at once.

It goes with clubs and nations. You can't support multiple clubs or countries, it doesn't even make sense. You can have one club, and you can have one nation. End of.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't post much in the USA forum b/c I am not well-informed about them. I don't know what to say. I go to the USA games, esp when they are at Giants Stadium, but other than i'm an idiot. I do know Landon Donovan and Freddy Adu. But I just don't get interested playing teams like El Salvador and Honduras.

And If i want to root for two nations I can do so. I live and die for Italia but I also live and die for USA. If the two were to play definitley USA.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I live in the USA. I root for USA. If that is what you're getting at. I also root for other teams as well and I am free to do so. One of them is Italia. Which in fact I like and have family living in Venice, though very distant family. Last time I checked I can support two teams but can only live in one place, so what should I do MR smart guy?
You misinterpreted my point.
Kris said that some Milanista support Inter in the CL and some don't, to which you said that a real fan supports their country. My point (and I may have misunderstood your point) was that for Milan fans not living in Italy, not supporting Inter in the CL can hardly be held against them using your argument. :)

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I don't post much in the USA forum b/c I am not well-informed about them. I don't know what to say. I go to the USA games, esp when they are at Giants Stadium, but other than i'm an idiot. I do know Landon Donovan and Freddy Adu. But I just don't get interested playing teams like El Salvador and Honduras.
Alright, I don't hold it against you. You should visit us, though, as we can educate you on us. We have enough lunatics in there as is, believe me you wouldn't be too far out of your water. :D

Pulsar36 said:
And If i want to root for two nations I can do so. I live and die for Italia but I also live and die for USA. If the two were to play definitley USA.
I understand this but I also can't understand support for two nations. But different people are different, suprise suprise! :)

In big international tournaments England are my second (first in Euro) team because I know the most about their teams and players, because they speak our language, and because I see and envy their overzealous media coverage. I don't live them, I just hope they win (If we don't!) because I think they deserve a title after so long. However, I don't "support" them by any means, because I "live and die" America. I can't imagine living and dieing through two countries. ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
barracuda said:
You misinterpreted my point.
Kris said that some Milanista support Inter in the CL and some don't, to which you said that a real fan supports their country. My point (and I may have misunderstood your point) was that for Milan fans not living in Italy, not supporting Inter in the CL can hardly be held against them using your argument. :)

Ok then it was a misunderstanding. This is what I meant to say. If you don't support Italy but support Milan or Inter you don't have to root for Italian CL teams other than urs. But if you are an Italian NT fan and an Italian fan and a Milan/juve/inter fan, then you must root for the other Italian Cl teams to advance, only when they play your team do u root against them.

Thus my attack is on Diavolo who might live in Milano but isn't half the fan of Italian football that people like Toni Samp and Deano are. He won't even support Inter's progression in the CL. I wonder what he has to say when he roots for Real Madrid to beat Inter or Man Utd to beat Juventus only to have his country ridiculed by the others saying the SErie A is hogwash. I wonder what he has to say when we have a UEFA coefficient spot taken away b/c our CL teams lose.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I think you got something mixed up Pulsy. It's one thing to a fan of italian or whatever football and another one to be rooting blindly for any team from that country in the international. I am/have been a fan of italian football. Howeve, being a through and through Milanista, I could simply NEVER cheer for Juve or Inter in Europe or even in Serie A. Only exception being when it benefits us. Like NExt saturday, I'll be cheering for you lots against the Ladri. But be sure that against Porto, I'd be cheering for the Portuguese. And you can be sure I'd be cheering with all my power for los Merengues in the return leg at the Delle Alpi.

It's not that I'm not a fan of Italian football. I enjoy Italian football. It's the football that I have followed the closest. Even closer than French football. I could cheer for Fiorentina, Brescia, Parma or Samp in Europe, at most for Roma but that's about it.

You do have a valid points on your second paragraph, however, being a fan has different meanings and different implications say in Europe (Italy, France, Germany, England....) than in the US where rivalries may not be as marked as in Europe, hence you finding it difficult to understand Diavolo's decision of not rooting for Juve or Inter in Europe. It's all a matter of perspective. Just as it's a totally different ball game being an Interista in the US than in Italy, specially in Milano....:lala:

Cheers.;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts