Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys,

After watching yesterday's State of the Union address, it came to my mind that Bin Laden is still an allied to the USA?

What do you guys think?

George Bush's face when he talks about wars, # of troops, missions etc..... looks like he is smiling, that he loves killing people etc..

All this because of all the CEO of military manufactures that are making millions.

Now they got Saddam and nobody knows what happened to him? Were has Saddam being in 1 month and half? Why don't they put him in a press conference??

Do these CEO really want Bush to capture Bin Laden?? Why would they? After all they are making billions of money with all this farse.... just think about it.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
You've outdone yourself this time Ze da Evil.

All that cha-cha and salsa dancing has addled your brain. Please adjust your bra appropriately.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humbird,

I'm an american also.. and i do pay my taxes...... just some food for thought.

If you were a CEO of a supplier of teh USA military, would you want the US army to capture Bin Laden? I know i would not!;)

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Humbird,

If you were a CEO of a supplier of teh USA military, would you want the US army to capture Bin Laden? I know i would not!;)

Planet Ze must be an interesting place.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Humbird,

I'm afraid that makes zero sense - both ligically and fiscally. You haven't put a whole lot of thought in to this, amigao.

To capture Bin laden, they'll need human resources more so than Aircraft carriers, aircraft, tanks or even flight jackets. Production of small arms fire isn't being increased ont he account of this hunt.

No weapon manufacturer is making an extra dime on the hunt for Bin Laden. Don't let common sense fly out the window so easily, ze. Leave that to lili.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Calling him an ally is the same as saying the present administration sanctioned the WTC attack Ze....

Strategically there could be something to be said for it to be prefereable to keep Bin Laden as a phantom menace though, and some intelligence comments have substantiated that the US army/intelligence have been close to take him on several accounts where the 'go' order just didn't arrive- for whatever reason.

But that is not the same by any means. It's evermore likely that decision was (if in fact true) to keep up the thrust of a campaign Bush Jr. and his office really believes in, than it was to line CEO pockets.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pila,

Man... i watched the state of the union yesterday and i felt quite sad, my the president of the USA considering the whole world a bunch of thick no brainers. That was my impression of the whole thing... that he was loving that he was bombing the crap out of everyone.

I don't know... i'm voting democrat whoever teh candidate is. I'm not voting on this dikk head

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:

I don't know... i'm voting democrat whoever teh candidate is. I'm not voting on this dikk head
Good Ze. Now you're making sense. But base your voting decision on something serious, like the healthcare debate in the other thread, not something as wacko as this Bin Laden theory.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glen,

Ok, saying he is still an ally may be an exageration.... I do doubt an american would commit that to his own symbol (WTC), even if it was for money.

BUT, it is not Bush's interest , nor of the people that are around him that Bin Laden is captured until September.

Saddam was captured and no one heard NOTHING of him for over a month?
What happened to him?
Were are his arms of mass destruction?
Why is he in jail?
Why has he not been given to the International court in Den Haag?
Why has he not been given the opportunity of a press conference?

Were is the DEMOCRACY in all this??
:confused: :rollani:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Pila,

Man... i watched the state of the union yesterday and i felt quite sad, my the president of the USA considering the whole world a bunch of thick no brainers. That was my impression of the whole thing... that he was loving that he was bombing the crap out of everyone.

No one is forced to like the guy, but he's hardly a cause to lose all common sense over. Leave knee-jerk reactions to the miserable drama queens in France who obviously don't have the luxury of quality telenovelas to tunnel their personal frustrations of ineptitude. There's no reason for us to do it, we have "Escrava Isaura!" ;)

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:

What happened to him? ...
A press conference?

Where is the Iraqi Information Minister when we need him?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
George Bush's face when he talks about wars, # of troops, missions etc..... looks like he is smiling,
I'd say it's more of a smirk than a smile, brought on by the knowledge that he's spouting absolute shit which everyone in the room has to stand and applaud. Such power would make me giddy too.

How about the part where he referred to Hussein as that evil ruler who had his nation under his thumb for so long....If there was a God, wouldn't he have shoved a lightning bolt up Bush's ass at that moment? Afterall, who kept Hussein in power for a good number of those years?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Pila said:
No one is forced to like the guy, but he's hardly a cause to lose all common sense over. Leave knee-jerk reactions to the miserable drama queens in France who obviously don't have the luxury of quality telenovelas to tunnel their personal frustrations of ineptitude. There's no reason for us to do it, we have "Escrava Isaura!" ;)
I think Ze would be much more into 'Uga Uga'.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Glen,

What happened to him?
Were are his arms of mass destruction?
Why is he in jail?
Why has he not been given to the International court in Den Haag?
I will leave all the parts about due process and whatever for the lawyers or at least until I get credible sources on what the US can do as the victorious part in a war. Obviously there'll be never ending discussions on that issue because there was no UN zeal of approval, and thus it might be very difficult to launch any Hague trial if it was ever the intention. But that's something we've discussed many times before.

The real issue is, to work a little with your assumption, that getting Saddam was crucial for the people in Iraq, and in terms of working US (and world) popular opinion. Saddam was the spider who controlled most of the Iraqi malice. His person made a real difference, and there were obvious benefits in taking him out and capturing him. Both politically for the US, but certainly also for the people of Iraq- and thus the rebuilding proces.

Bin Laden is obviously a powerfull symbol too, but in terms of the workings of Al Queda and similar style organisations- his physical presence propably means very little as they're already so fragmented as opposed to the very centralized and identifiable rule of Saddam. At least that's the assumption; that the various cells work independently thus cutting the head off won't kill the beast.
Killing/capturing him could on the other hand feasibly make a martyr of him, and increase the imminent risks of counter strikes. If he can be monitored and kept somewhat in check (again- reports suggests that may be so)- he remains a symbol of danger which creates an icon of fear which can be tapped into- as he's seen as the great perpetrator behind WTC as the Al Queda figure head. Whereas I could not disagree that financial concerns propably play a part in this, or at least in the realisation, I surely think the Americana plan is much more at the forefront. Which is both good and bad as far as I'm concerned.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Tinto said:
Good one.
He's a prisoner of war, what does democracy have to do with this?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I hope Saddam won't be handed over to the court in The Hague. Let the Iraqis have their way with him; they're after all those who suffered most because of him.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if we were not to hear much more from him until November approaches.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
He's a prisoner of war, what does democracy have to do with this?
He he...you're right. Democracy may not be the right term. "Rule of Law" would probably be better...but the U.S. has not paid attention to either in this case.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Tinto said:
Afterall, who kept Hussein in power for a good number of those years?
That would be the UN, more specifically France.

Any other questions?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts