Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alessandro Costacurta and Josè Antonio Chamot are the best defenders of the whole Italian league, as far as the last 6 Serie A matches are concerned, as stated in recent Opta Index statistics.

Opta Index publishes a weekly scoreboard regarding the efficiency of every single Serie A player, who gains or loses points because of his actions on the field. This week’s data made clear that Alessandro Costacurta (1379 pts.) and Josè Antonio Chamot (1317 pts.) are the best Serie A defenders as far as the last 6 league matches are concerned. In the top ten there is also Cosmin Contra (1083 pts.).

DEFENDERS

1 - Alessandro Costacurta (AC Milan) 1379
2 - Josè Antonio Chamot (AC Milan) 1317
3 - Aparecido Cesar (Lazio) 1304
4 - Lilian Thuram (Juventus) 1289
5 - Ciro Ferrara (Juventus) 1226
6 - Vratislav Gresko (Inter Milan) 1173
7 - Gianluca Pessotto (Juventus) 1112
8 - Cosmin Contra (AC Milan) 1083
9 - Samuel Caballero (Udinese) 1061
10 - Fernando Couto (Lazio) 1052

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
We're one of the best defensive teams in the league right now with a coach like Carlo Ancellotti but offcourse it takes it's toll in the offense because currently we have no consistent striker that scores about every game like Sheva used to do it earlier this season.

Once Maldini, Rui Costa & Pippo come back, everything will be back on track, but maybe it'll be too late. :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
My avatar is cool, i know, I like it way too much to give it to you, Sorry. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do you really think those statistics count so much? It's much important to look at a game than some silly statistics. Andy Cole can score 20 a year but does anyone really believe he's the best?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Artur said:
Do you really think those statistics count so much? It's much important to look at a game than some silly statistics. Andy Cole can score 20 a year but does anyone really believe he's the best?
Because of that: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts