Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thnking about this for a while now and decided that it was worthy of opening a thread about.

Since the arrival of Slaven Bilić our young talents started to go abroad and play big roles in big clubs, the three perfect examples are Kranjčar, Dudu and Čorluka.

He "discovered" Rakitić and got him onboard, he "rediscovered" petrić who is eternaly thankfull for that I am sure, he "discovered" Pranjić and Budan and gave NIko Kranjčar a new breath of life by speaking with Vulić and getting him to play ion the LM position (All these guys now have offers from the top 3 clubs in liga petica)
He gave lads like Pokrivač, Kalinić, Manža, Sharbini a clear message that the HNL is worth playing in and that it is possible to get into the senior side with good performances in the HNL. Add to that list Vukojević and Drpić.
He gave the message to clubs of "liga petica" a market in the HNL, and he gave value to Croatian players.
He gave the party animals like Srna, Balaban and Ola that their nights out would not be tolerated and he earned the respect of the world for his managing style and accomplishments.

A great trait for a manager to have is to promote his workers/players to higher and better positions. This in turn brings huge trust and huge will from the workers/players to give back to the manager and perform at a high level.:thumbsup:

Now I know that Bilić was not directly involved in the tranfer of the 3 epl players but he was sure asked what his opinion of each of them was and he was a trustworthy source for the foreign clubs therefore helping the transfers eventuate.

Its great to see that players are developing into something and playing huge roles in their teams and I am anxious to see what they give back to Bilić when he and Croatia need it most!:thumbsup:

Its also great to see the relationship he has with each player, the wink and smile to Šimić as he was taking the throw in in the late stages of the scotland game(after simic came in as a sub mind you) the motivational talks with the players as they are entering the field...

This guy is someone we want...
someone I as a fan adore...
and I as a human being respect...
And the reason I as a footballer idolize.

Huge respect to Slaven! :thumbsup: HUGE:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
well said blast..

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not directly related to the results, but putting the players "out there" for them to become better players and our NT to become stronger.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Been thnking about this for a while now and decided that it was worthy of opening a thread about.

Since the arrival of Slaven Bilić our young talents started to go abroad and play big roles in big clubs, the three perfect examples are Kranjčar, Dudu and Čorluka.

He "discovered" Rakitić and got him onboard, he "rediscovered" petrić who is eternaly thankfull for that I am sure, he "discovered" Pranjić and Budan and gave NIko Kranjčar a new breath of life by speaking with Vulić and getting him to play ion the LM position (All these guys now have offers from the top 3 clubs in liga petica)
He gave lads like Pokrivač, Kalinić, Manža, Sharbini a clear message that the HNL is worth playing in and that it is possible to get into the senior side with good performances in the HNL. Add to that list Vukojević and Drpić.
He gave the message to clubs of "liga petica" a market in the HNL, and he gave value to Croatian players.
He gave the party animals like Srna, Balaban and Ola that their nights out would not be tolerated and he earned the respect of the world for his managing style and accomplishments.

A great trait for a manager to have is to promote his workers/players to higher and better positions. This in turn brings huge trust and huge will from the workers/players to give back to the manager and perform at a high level.:thumbsup:

Now I know that Bilić was not directly involved in the tranfer of the 3 epl players but he was sure asked what his opinion of each of them was and he was a trustworthy source for the foreign clubs therefore helping the transfers eventuate.

Its great to see that players are developing into something and playing huge roles in their teams and I am anxious to see what they give back to Bilić when he and Croatia need it most!:thumbsup:

Its also great to see the relationship he has with each player, the wink and smile to Šimić as he was taking the throw in in the late stages of the scotland game(after simic came in as a sub mind you) the motivational talks with the players as they are entering the field...

This guy is someone we want...
someone I as a fan adore...
and I as a human being respect...
And the reason I as a footballer idolize.

Huge respect to Slaven! :thumbsup: HUGE:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Bingo!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Top post, Blast.

Bilic has really given some of our youth a chance to shine and they haven't let him done, probably almost every Croatian coach would have still stuck for the 'stari' instead of the went with the 'mladi'. He has built the foundation of this team that no other coach would have built for our team. On the other aspect, manager's are judged at the final tournaments, if we don't produce, opinions will change, and we all know how quick Croatian opinions change...

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if we don't produce, opinions will change, and we all know how quick Croatian opinions change...
Thanks Blaž.

This is sad but true - we must be amongst the worst nations for changing opinions!! It dissapoints me a hell of a lot.:rollani:

This is precisely why I wanted to point out the above as a great foundation that needs to be built upon, and I beleive that Bilić and co are just the guys to build on it - It will be a sad day in Croatian football for us to lose them as coaches of the NT.

I can say for sure that regardless of the final tourney, I would want him as coach. :smileani:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Top post, Blast.

It's funny how Bilic, on top of everything else, has now even written a song that will in all likelihood become the team's anthem for this campaign. The only thing left for him to do is to bring the boots to Austria. It's all very 'Caesar-like'. Apparently while in Gaul Caesar not only generalled the troops but even went so far as to personally sound the horn to engage battle and change formations. He even drew his sword when things got rough. Maybe it's a bit premature, but for now I'm comfortable with that comparison. :hopeful:

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
politics is not allowed sulla!!!

:tongue:

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I was going to say a very good post Blast, but since everyone else has I won't :D
In the end the NT's results and perfromance at these Euros will be the points which most will judged him on, so we all know what a bad euro will mean.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to say a very good post Blast,
but since everyone else has I won't
not everyone :(..........;)

Can you beleive I never got one bingo from orkan, no matter how hard I try ;)

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
not everyone :(..........;)

Can you beleive I never got one bingo from orkan, no matter how hard I try ;)
I threw you a token one your way...:D

Orkan can't do a bingo in this thread...he has already said Bilic doesn't know what he is doing...:nono:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
All that matters is how well we do at the Euro.

Kranjcar, Jozic, and Baric (!) have all been given some type of praise before these major tournaments.

We did beat England twice, however, I think this thread is premature.

Lets wait until after the Euro.

·
Registered
69,354 Posts
agree with croguy...everyone got praise (except for Baric really) pre-tournament yet were thrown under the bus after, why would Bilic be any different? The media has plenty of ammunition too

1 - 20 of 150 Posts