Europa League: 1st qualifying round - OUT
Borac - Čelik Nikšić (Montenegro)
Home: 2-2
Away: 1-1

Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Maribor beat Rangers to get to the Europe league group stages last year so they are still going to be a tough opponent...

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maribor beat Rangers to get to the Europe league group stages last year so they are still going to be a tough opponent...
Shit, didn't even know they made it to group stage? It will be tricky, but then again we beat Sheriff Tiraspol, I believe they are at a similar level as Maribor. Zeljo should also be somewhat better this year than the last, looking at all statistics etc.

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
Maribor were nice last year in europe, they lost to maccabi haifa 3-2 in agg in CL playoffs, then they won rangers 3-2 in agg, but dont overrate rangers, they sucked realy bad last year, same for all teams from scotland, their league is realy weak now.

in the group stage they lost all their games except for 1-1 in braga,
lost 5-1 to braga, 2-1, 1-0 to Birmingham, 4-3. 2-0 to Brugge,

on the paper they are better than zljo but theyr'nt that great... zljo can pass them.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh you know UEFA. :D

Sarajevo against Hibernians FC (Malta)!

Shouldn't be any problem for the neighbours.

EDIT---

Borac against Čelik Nikšić, Montenegro! Seems like they havent played in the highest division before but got to play EL via the cup, think Borac has a good chance to kick them out.

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
Great draw for FKS ! gonna be easy...

nice draw for borac, but you shouldnt understmite a team from montenegro, they got a nice devloping league there.. hope it will be alright!

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, good thing we avoided Israeli teams this time. :D

Now Zeljo will probably draw Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona if we advance to 3rd round, just because I said that. Guess that's the only team from Israel we haven't played yet. :D

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
Well, good thing we avoided Israeli teams this time. :D

Now Zeljo will probably draw Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona if we advance to 3rd round, just because I said that. Guess that's the only team from Israel we haven't played yet. :D
actually this year except for hapoel-tel-aviv all the teams which play in europe are realy weak, in europa league Bney Yehuda, Maccabi Netanya will play and not maccabi haifa or tel-aviv so the bosnian teams can win them... ;)
and wait, i got a feeling shiroki gonna get a israeli team in the 2nd round draw...

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a Bosnian sport site it says that Siroki got St. Patrick's, but I think it's St. Johnstone, since Patrick is in the 1st qualifying round.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only thing I know about them is that Zeljo beat them in 1971. :D

Anyway, seems like Borac will be playing Metalurh Donetsk (Ukraine) if they beat Celik. Sarajevo will be playing Levski (Bulgaria) if they win against Hibernians.

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
ouch, tough draw for borac next stage.. i dont think its even possible to pass them ;\
Levski is in the same level as sarajevo so its gonna be intresting game.

about the scotish team - they finished 6th in the worst season in the history of the scotish football..

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I got everything right Siroki is playing either St. Patrick's or Vestmannaeyjar from Iceland.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
2nd round EL
Metalurg Donetsk (UKR) vs. Borac Banja Luka/Celik
Levski Sofia (BUL) vs. FK Sarajevo/Hibernians
Siroki Brijeg vs. St. Patrick's (IRL) or Vestmannaeyjar (ISL)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.