Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italy 1-2 Croatia.
This is a bigger shock than Senegal v France because of Italy taking the lead. I cannot believe thay conceded twice and were mostly outplayed by a team who were **** v Mexico. Italy were robbed though as both disallowed goals were definately legit.
And it was the sub Matterazi who was to blame for both goals.
BUT its only the result that matters and what an upset!

L

·
0 Posts
same situation here, normally the result of france-uruguay has to be 1.0 for france, but what to say? it's football.
i'm just curious to know who want the skin of the big squads.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The thing is Italy will probably still go through but France are in DEEP trouble...Portugal 2-3 USA was a shocker!!! and France 0-0 Uruguay!!! Henry sent off!!!! Just think, Zidane might not play in the World Cup at all!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't think Italy/Croatia is the biggest shock so far. I wouldn't even call it a shock either, more of a surprise. Croatia aren't a bad team, and although it was 8 years ago they still got to the semis in USA 94. USA meanwhile have done nothing in the WC apart from beating England in 1954 (i think). Portugal are a fancied team so thats a bigger shock. And France losing to Senegal is a bigger shock as well as France are the reigning champions and Euro champions and Senegal are WC nobodies.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
lskydiver said:
I don't think Italy/Croatia is the biggest shock so far. I wouldn't even call it a shock either, more of a surprise. Croatia aren't a bad team, and although it was 8 years ago they still got to the semis in USA 94.
still a bit pissed from the win vs the argies

well thats ok,
it was in france and 4 years ago

and we had an off dayvs the mexicans

Lav

·
International
9,526 Posts
I think its great to see some of these favourites for the cup, being forced to eat a bit of humble pie;) Conceivably, Argentina, Italy, Germany and poor old France could all be knocked out in the group stages. What a shame that would be;) :howler:

Seriously, though, who would be favourites now. Brazil?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Brazil are favourites with the bookies now i think. Italy are still second.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
france 0-1 senegal

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Portugal losing three goals to the US of A...:dazed:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Biggest shock in this WC is the PHUCKIN' REFEREES!!!!! :fero:
Need I say all the matches w/ dodgy refs!
Damn all those ba$tard refs to HAIL!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts