Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and before anyone starts..Hajnal is underachieving in the NT. Just check the post on Hu forums after last Saturday ;)

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
I don't see at all how Hajnal is underachieving in the NT. In that case, Gera should be the first one on this goddam bias list, since he is underachieving in his club team (has been demoted to bench) and has been underachieving in the NT as well. To say Hajnal has been underachieving is rediculous

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I would say Hajnal. Just because he isn't performing as well as he performs for his club. Gera is underachieving as well but not only in the national team...at his club as well but he tries hard he isn't confident. Different then Hajnal. Hajnal has everything to perform. He scores goals and Dortmund and makes assists...yet he isn't performing as well in the national team. He had some good games or good moments but just not constant.

·
Registered
57,835 Posts
Hrepka. no doubt. he is even underachieving in NB1 and has been at the mighty Eredivisie before. now that's underachieving especially for a stiker who was supposed to play in a spanish mid-table team.

Szabics has been underachieving for a while now so he is not the big thing this year, also he at least scored 2 goals for FCA.

Bori wasn't the big man at Leszta but is seemingly doing well at Újpest now.

Hajnal & Gera, no comment.

Király, well, he is the king. and we can't judge him on this as apparently the Burnley coach doesn't like his trousers.

Priskin, Tözsér, Feczesin, Vass, they are not doing particularly bad IMO.

where's Balogh Béla? although he seems to do well at Murcia now, at least for his measures. gets some decent playing time and all.

Tisza Tibi could be listed here too. ;)

·
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
2,288 Posts
Most underachieving of them all: Gera Zoltan.

I expected a little more from Gera. If he is up to his perfect specimen form he can generate about 27-35% of goals, that's a toasty goal every three or four games, and he didn't generate a lot of assistance and feeds to the front goal-producing engine house.

Gera had the capacity to muster 5 to +6 goals and indirectly weave another 4-6 goals by sheer creativity, instinct, and artful passing in 2008 internationals.

Nonetheless, 2008 was a "good year" for the NT. :)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I was gonna vote Gera. People talk about Hajnal but in my eyes: Hajnal has played the best league season of any Hungarian this season, he's been phenomenal in the Bundesliga, whereas for the NT he has underperformed and not played very wel. But Gera has been widely seen as the saviour of Hungarian football for the last 5 years or so, deservedly after what he's done, but in the last 12 months he's been TOTALLY crap for the NT, I mean really, really bad. Pretty much every time he's played I see him as the one of the worst players on the field. No joke, and this is from someone who likes him. At club level, he's also been crap, he just hasn't performed at all for Fulham. And since people criticize Hajnal for underperforming for the NT, lets remember that Gera had a very good second half of last season for West Brom, but was already doing poorly for the NT.

BUUUUUUT, I didn't vote for him, I voted for Szabics.

He was once seen as our best striker, who was young and would only improve. But then he left VfB and failed in Koeln, largely due to injuries. Then he failed in Mainz. And now he's gone to Augsburg and is pretty much failing there. Granted, he was injured a lot last season, but this year he started a lot and just wasn't that good. He was ok, but not as good as he should be at II. Liga standard. So far, Torghelle has completely outperformed him. And i'm starting to become skeptical about whether Imi could ever play for the NT again. Perhaps not.

·
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
2,288 Posts
I was gonna vote Gera...Gera has been widely seen as the saviour of Hungarian football for the last 5 years or so, deservedly after what he's done, but in the last 12 months he's been TOTALLY crap for the NT, I mean really, really bad. Pretty much every time he's played I see him as the one of the worst players on the field. No joke, and this is from someone who likes him. At club level, he's also been crap, he just hasn't performed at all for Fulham.
MagyarStuttgart, you should have voted for G. Zoltan, he's been utterly bad in NT.

Zoltan's been completely sub-standard the last 10 ongoing months; I mean I'm at a loss and have a hard time explaining and finding attributes to as why in the last 8 NT games we've lost only one match. The best explanation is that we've played stout rugged defense and our defenders, rearguard and keeper were tip-top in 2008. G. Zoltan, the last 10 months in NT is rated by me as a 4 out of 10.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
k well i didnt choose ger cuz actualy in the first haph of the year he was really good then droped but cuz of his last goal i think that put him bak up iand i think that motivated him to do better. but anyways i choose priskin cuz pretty mutch,.... FAILLLLLLLLL. hes so bad its not even funny.

·
V.I.P
377 Posts
The biggest disappointment of this season is definitely Németh Krisztián!

It is sure that he was not so bad in the first half of the year, but after that he was only a shadow of himself.

He's life is not concerning 100% about football! :nono:
- He has time to make videos from himself!
- He has time to go to Box matches and support some Hungarian boxers!
- He has time to write stupid blog entries!
- He's not training with the ball, but with stupid machines in the gym!
- He cannot protect his legs so he gets injured!

And some serious facts:
- not won the EB :eek:
- not in the NT :eek::eek:
- not in the first 11 of Liverpool :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone still thinks that Gera was worse?
And what about the fact that there's going to be a Bentex TV video of Gera's Best Moment soon?! Before the Németh video?! :eekani:

I think I prove my point! :shades:

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
The biggest disappointment of this season is definitely Németh Krisztián!

It is sure that he was not so bad in the first half of the year, but after that he was only a shadow of himself.

He's life is not concerning 100% about football! :nono:
- He has time to make videos from himself!
- He has time to go to Box matches and support some Hungarian boxers!
- He has time to write stupid blog entries!
- He's not training with the ball, but with stupid machines in the gym!
- He cannot protect his legs so he gets injured!

And some serious facts:
- not won the EB :eek:
- not in the NT :eek::eek:
- not in the first 11 of Liverpool :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone still thinks that Gera was worse?
And what about the fact that there's going to be a Bentex TV video of Gera's Best Moment soon?! Before the Németh video?! :eekani:

I think I prove my point! :shades:
LoL! what kind of joke is this ? :p

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but anyways i choose priskin cuz pretty mutch,.... FAILLLLLLLLL. hes so bad its not even funny.
No doubt he's been bad. But is he really underacheiving? Personally I think he's doing as much as I expect. I wouldn't say he's playing below his level. While for me the biggest underachievers are Szabics, Gera, Hrepka, Király, Feczesin, Hajnal, Tőzsér and Vass.

Gera: Had a good first half to the year (in the NT too). In the 2nd half completely lost his way after his transfer to Fulham. Didn't just lose his form for his club but in the NT team too. I expect him to be playing at a much higher level.

Hrepka: Never rated him highly. Always saw him on the fringe of NT contention. But should be banging in the goals in NB1. Looks nothing like the striker he once was.

Király: No explanation needed.

Feczesin: Rarely scores. Must average a goal every few months or so. He is much better than that. In and out of the Brescia team.

Hajnal: Performs great for his club sides. But turns into a different player in the NT. Should be playing far better in the NT going by his club form. Widely regarded by people outside Hungary as Hungary's best player and he's no where near that in a NT jersey.

Tőzsér: Great ability and technique. But rarely shows it. If only he can perform to the high levels he's capable of more consistently he could play for a very decent team in Spain for example. His last match against Slovenia in the NT this year was pathetic with a capital P. Rightly dropped not just from the team but from the squad.

Vass: Probably the most disappointing performance I've seen from a player this year was Vass against Serbia. Dreadful. In and out of the Brescia team and lost his place in the NT. After his exellent 2007 nobody can say he's not underacheiving now.

However my vote went to Szabics. A player that drops down levels every year it seems. Not all his own fault. He has had many injuries but from what I can gather he's been injury free for the majority of 2008.
With his ability he should be scoring goals regularly in Bundesliga 2 and be in the NT squad pushing for a starting place. I don't see anyone playing below 'his level' as much as Szabics.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts