Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think are the biggest problems in football at the moment? I have a couple. I think the first is the ridiculous buying of players at such big values and some teams desire to buy trophies instead of building teams. I think that with all this money being pumped in the game it may have a negative effect in the future in terms of losing fans.

Also another big problem for me is diving. It seems like you can't watch a match anymore without players trying to cheat.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
The :heart: for the game doesnt seem to be there anymore...
The :heart: for $$$ and greed is !!! :dazed:
The many Tournaments that are played and are meaningless to the common man, but not to the pockets of owners and or agents..

:mute:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Big clubs who think they own the world. For Real de Mierdid C.F. for example the football world is a huge supermarket and they've got all the money.:(
:yuck:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Unfortunately problems in soccer are growing inside and outside the pitch. I'll list some of the problems:

inside:

- agressive fouls, the anti-game( those irritating fouls to stop the counter attack)
- On corner kicks all the players hold on each others shirt it really irritates.
- offsides, the refrees never know when it happens they simply shoot.
- offensive words and spitting

outside

- fight in the stands, hooligans etc...
- astronomic salaries to the players and they don't even play half of the worth.
- involvement of politics in the sport

These are just some of them I could be forgetting others but these are already enough to annoy us fans of soccer!!:mad:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
berko said:
- astronomic salaries to the players and they don't even play half of the worth.
I think taht they deserve their salaries. A football player has such a short career (if he's not the kind of guy like Donato:D). If a player hasn't got the ability to coach a team and he gets 35. What's he gonna do? He has no proper education and if he's no cood to be a commentator either?
They need to collect the money they get in their best years of play, invest the money or something.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
bailemos said:

I think taht they deserve their salaries. A football player has such a short career (if he's not the kind of guy like Donato:D). If a player hasn't got the ability to coach a team and he gets 35. What's he gonna do? He has no proper education and if he's no cood to be a commentator either?
They need to collect the money they get in their best years of play, invest the money or something.

Believe me most of the players don't deserve these astronomic salaries, only a few really make it worthy.
These guys should also have studied in the past :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts