Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now there is an 18 point difference between Real Madrid and Valencia. That is a huge margin between the first place and third place teams in the league. I'm curious on what has been the largest difference in league history.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
the high competition among at least 4 clubs to win the league helps in attracting fans. the competition between barca & real madrid sometimes isn`t enough sometimes.

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
such a shame, if the lfp doesn't do something about the vulgar spendings by the two clubs, this league will go to the dogs. lets start by distributing the tv rights equally or atleast nearly equally.
by saying that we 2 attract the most audiences, they are only making themselves richer & thus less competition in the league = less viewership = loss of revenue.
learn something from the epl u losers in lfp :mad:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
lol @ sx1... in EPL there are actually 3 teams fighting for championship..

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
lol @ tit...i didnt mean competition, i meant the coverage & the fact that the clubs have more money in general than corresponding laliga clubs.

If i was after competition, i would have said bundesliga which consistently produces close finishes but suffers from a general lack of coverage & image.

no top league has 18 points gap btw

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
yes disgusting the league in this season, what is happening with real and barca is wrong and something should be done about this bullshit but i am sure nothing will happens as long as they are happy is all that matters for villar and everyone else

·
Panopoticon
1,287 Posts
Nonsense. All the Barca and Madrid fans assure me that the league is still the same, nothing's changed, everything is good and fine. In fact, everything will get even better when both clubs spend another 100 million each this summer, while the rest of the league struggles to pay their players' wages.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
And what's Barcelona's guilt in Valencia's and Atletico's mismanagement? Should we give them a loan or what? I don't get what others want Barça and Madrid to do if Cerezo and Soler ruined their clubs. It's not that they don't have the money. Their problem is that they are unable to manage their own houses.

Sevilla and Villarreal may have ups and downs, but their management is good and the results (looking in the mid term) are good.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess it's not really that special. Just seems there is a bigger gap this season than normal between the teams in La Liga this season. Perhaps the dominance in La Liga of Madrid and Barcelona have more to due to the other teams being relatively poor this season, European results have showed that to be the case I think.

·
40,147 Posts
Nobody answered his question.

Does anyone know?
Ok, let's see. In 3 points per victory league.

2009 - Barça 87; Madrid 78; Sevilla 70 (+17)
2008 - Madrid 85; Villarreal 77; Barcelona 67 (+18)
2005 - Barcelona 84; Madrid 80; Villarreal 65 (+19)
1997 - Madrid 92; Barcelona 90; Depor 77 (+15) - 22 team league

In 2 points per victory league:

1995 - Madrid 55; Depor 51; Betis 46 (+9, would have been +18 now)
1994 - Barcelona 56; Depor 56; Zaragoza 46 (+10; +16 nowadays)
1991 - Barcelona 57; Atletico 47; Madrid 46 (+11; +16 nowadays)
1989 - Madrid 62; Valencia 53; Barcelona 51 (+11; +18 nowadays)
1988 - Madrid 62; Barcelona 57; Valencia 49 (+13; +18 nowadays)
1987 - Madrid 62; R. Sociedad 51; Atletico 48 (+14; +23 nowadays)

Before that 18 team league, so it would have some distorsion.

I took the difference between the 1st and the 3rd. If I take the ones who won the league by a 10 point margin:

In the 3 point per victory era:
2006 - Barcelona 82; Madrid 70
1999 - Barcelona 79; Madrid 68

In the 2 point per victory era:
20 teams
1991 - Barcelona 57; Atletico 47
1988 - Madrid 62; Real Sociedad 51
1986 - Madrid 56; Barcelona 45
1985 - Barcelona 53; Atletico 43
18 teams
1975 - Madrid 50; Barcelona 38

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Guess it's not really that special. Just seems there is a bigger gap this season than normal between the teams in La Liga this season. Perhaps the dominance in La Liga of Madrid and Barcelona have more to due to the other teams being relatively poor this season, European results have showed that to be the case I think.
Well there are obvious reasons why Barcelona & Real are (and should be) ahead of others. It would be worse for either side if the gap wouldnt be there, considering the money spent in the summer.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
koeman, this is not the problem...the problem is the ****ing people in the federation are always protecting real and barca and don't give a shit about anybody else, the tv money only goes to them, the referees help them all the ****ing time and other shit

i remember maybe in 99 barca played atleti in the copa and ****ing barca was saying they didn't have enough players for the match because of injuries which is bullshit because you can always play with youth players and the rule say if you don't play you go to segunda, and of course barca didn't go down and the rule is changed after :yuck: :yuck:

·
40,147 Posts
koeman, this is not the problem...the problem is the ****ing people in the federation are always protecting real and barca and don't give a shit about anybody else, the tv money only goes to them, the referees help them all the ****ing time and other shit

i remember maybe in 99 barca played atleti in the copa and ****ing barca was saying they didn't have enough players for the match because of injuries which is bullshit because you can always play with youth players and the rule say if you don't play you go to segunda, and of course barca didn't go down and the rule is changed after :yuck: :yuck:
The RFEF has nothing to do with the TV deals, it was a decision voted in the LFP... and Atletico supported it. In fact, if the clubs had to share the TV deals, Atletico would be losing money.

The 1999 thing was a shame for the RFEF. It wasn't just because of injuries, but also players who were in international duty, since there wasn't a common schedule back then. We only had 9 available players of the first team and that was unfair. And the rule didn't say anything about going to Segunda. It said that Barça couldn't play the Copa the following year and, once again, the Assambly of the RFEF revoked the decision... with the votes of your club, BTW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts