Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used to play for a team in my area. It was the final game around 500 from friends and family were there. very great feeling though.

Greets,

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
About 3,000 people at STamfod Bridge about 8 years ago :D
blimey that must have been a Division One game if the crowd was that big at the Bridge in them days. :D

never knew you used to be a pro Jacko :eek:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
blimey that must have been a Division One game if the crowd was that big at the Bridge in them days. :D

never knew you used to be a pro Jacko :eek:
I was playing for my borough :/ - Kensington & Chelsea (my school was in that borough) I live in Hammersmith and Fulham :D

I was probably the best player on show, and I was top scorer for the whole of the tournament - man I used to rule so much more :( (other games played at westway :p)

I played for Fulham under youths for ay ear, but i ****ed up my ankle which made my foot spring out of shape something to do with ligaments, and I got unfit.. :( When I started playing again my striking/finishing ability and my strength wasn't as good as before.. so I started playing wing where I can run past alot of people, unfortunately i don;t and never have an end product :O

Now I play DMF (mainly), Full back or CB :D - However I can do a job anywhere :D

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
150 roughly but we were the away team and it really sucked because they were booing us.I scored against them though:D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
High school class soccer tournament.

200~300, maybe more:rolleyes:, because some students were watching the game inside the school building.

my class were knocked out in 1st round by 4-0.:depress: I was the GK in 1st half, but allowed only 1 goal! But I was replaced to reserve GK and he allowed 3 goals:devil:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
The biggest crowd I've played infront of should be 50-60 people in my school ground. I know its not very flattering.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
About 100-200 people last season in a highschool game felt good a lot of people where cheering for me i hit the post on a header my highschool team lost 5-1 i also had 4 other shots to of which hit the bar and the other 2 where saved tears

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
I played for about 500 people on more than one occasion at the Feyenoord Opel youth tournament about 10 years back.

I've also played a lot of futsal in Serbia in front of large crowds. But I couldn't be bothered to count heads. ;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
how was the game? :)
Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread. :eek:

Well, we lost 4-3 on penalties. The match finished 2-2 and we went directly into penalties.

I started the match on the bench - I obviously wasn't the only striker in our 4-3-3 system. After about 20 minutes we need a new formation and a new man upfront - a bigger one, that is. I'm 190 something and replaced one on 165 or something. He played offensive midfielder, which suited him much more.

The guy on 165 scored the first goal of the match on a penalty - not a good one btw, but he scored.

The opposition equalised shortly after, and then came my golden opportunity: we got a free-kick a few feet outside the box - you know, where the half circle or whatever touches ends, so to speak. At the left side, btw. The wall was of course placed at my left and the keepers right, so that he could control the far side of the goal. I'm left-footed so I planned to go for the far corner (the right side from my point of view). The ball got a perfect bend, the perfect pace and went strait up in the far right top corner - beautiful!
BUT, the ref apparently hadn't given me the permition to take the free-kick just yet. He was about to see if the wall was rightfully placed. I simply hadn't seen him, and thought I was clear to go.
He didn't call the goal, and I had to do it again. I knew I could do it again, but as we all know it isn't as easy as it seems. I shot just above goal - in the same side. Man, how depressing. :depress:

Well, we got up on 2-1 before they equalised late in the match on a beautiful volley from outside the box.

I scored on my penalty, but we still lost 4-3 in the shootout. :undecide:

:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts