Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m trying to get as many Gooners as possible to go to the offical Arsenal site "Arsenal.com" and write to the club about a statue of captain fantastic outside the new ground.
No one deserves a statue more than Tony Adams. He has lead us to 3 league titles (4 after this seasone), 2 league cup trophies, 1 Europan and 2 (3 after this seasone) Fa cup trophies.
So please go to Arsenal.com and tell them how great it would be with a Tony Adams statue you to !
I have wrote this to a few Arsenal sites now and will write it to many more (do the same you to) :angel:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I dunno about that :confused:

It will seem like he's dead like Herbert Chapman :confused:

I'd rather have him sitting on the bench alongside Le Boss :)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea
dunno about a statue
maybe the fantastic four statues
that'll be cool

but i rather see adams staying at the club somehow involved
as a coach or something?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What about Ian Wright?
How cool would it be to have Arsenal's top goalscorer outside the stadium.
But I also like the idea of Tony Adams statue. They could make a statue of him celebrating the goal agaisnt Everton in '98, which clinched us the Championship. They will probably do it in50 years time.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be right that it may be a little bit early to bulid a statue of Tone but he`s the biggest hero we ever seen at Arsenal (No doubt) and I think a statue of a Highbury legend outside the new ground would be good, to keep something from the past and no one deserves to have s statue of himself as the captain who has been apart of teh most successful time in the history of the club.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also remember that Sven Göran Eriksson got a statue in his home town and they can bulid a statueof him why can`t we bulid one of Tony ?
As for Ian Wright. He is a big hero but not a bigger hero than Charlie Geroge for example. I think the only rival to Adams would be Liam Brady.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
maybe we could name part of the new stadium under tony adams?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Madam Tussaul ... (spelling) statues of all the Gunner Greats should be good. I don't think Tony Adams wants to be alone at night, given the "famous" London weather :tongue:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea thats not a bad idea
just like what real madrids done with players like ZiZu

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I like Jacke's idea.

I think Captain Fantastic deserves a statue infront of the new Stadium.

And it seems to you that he must retire or something if he will get a statue...he can be both a player/coach and have a stadue you know ;) hehe

I would also like a part of the new Stadium named after Tony, "Tony Adams Corner" or something like that :)

We will never get a player like Tony in our club again so if there's anyone we should salute and do alot of things to hail him, it is Tony Adams.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i really think they will erect a statue of tony
maybe not soon when he retires
but they will sometime
i doubt anyone can ever forget a man like him

whats this about him not able to get a champions medal because he doesnt have enough appreances??
man that is so sad:mad:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don`t know anything about this, it`s 10 games you have to play isn`t it ?.
If FA would have any sense at all the would give our captain a medel anyway.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You have to play 10 games to get a medal. I knoe it is a f*cked up rule but I think Wenger will sort it out.

Players in danger of not getting a medal are;

Adams-------- 7 appearances
Dixon--------- 9
Stepanovs--- 5
Edu----------- 9
Taylor--------- 9
Jeffers-------- 5

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanx for telling GoonerMC. I don`t think Edu is in any danger if not get injured, But you never know with Big Tone and if we already have won the league before the last game against Everton I really hope that Dixon and Taylor will be played because they are both worth medals.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here`s the answear I got from Ken Fair.

Dear Mr Sigfridsson

Thank you for your email dated 5 April, which has just been copied to me and
for the suggestion which is
most welcome.

Many ideas will be considered and I will ensure that your own suggestion is
given proper consideration at
the appropriate time.