Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ooh, it just struck me. it´s only like 4 weeks left, and after that? zilch, zero, nothing. the big sleep for three months, but the occasional rumour of playertransfers.

what to do? ok, it´s the european championships which is a small consolationprize, but apart from that? and even that can actually create some havoc. imagine having players from lazio getting hurt, kneeinjuries, ronaldo-mentalburnout syndrome, whatever.

****e, i hate this inbetween feeling. zip, zilch, zero, nothing. it´s gonna be a long three month period. i can also hear my girlfriend saying "get a life", like she would know? maybe could get her to agree on a trip to belgien or perhaps holland. anyway she doesn´t know what it means to be inbetween seasons. stinks doesn´t it? it´s just 4 weeks away. big thought.

marco

it ain´t over...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
european championships a small consolationprize ?

You must be kiding Marco - Its huge, Its the event of the year :)I cant wait.

But I totally agree, 3 months is to long.
Lets just hope that we will win the scudetto, than we can celebrate for 3 months.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ofcourse living in the center of all this (( ANTWERP no doubt :)) I won't be bored in about 6 weeks.
Screw the upcoming exams, I am going to watch the matches ( got 3 different tickets!!) and drink with supporters from different European nations.

But after that? My god we are doomed!
Certainly financially, Am I suppost to bet on horses all summer? I know nothing about that sport.

Maybe time to get a real job or be 'fils de papa' :).

Playing football yourself and taking relaxing holydays might be a good alternative MARCO! ( if I can call you MARCO( van Basten?))

ADRIAAN
_________
Oh yhe and the prerounds of the CL already start in the beginning ofAugust

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Apart from EURO2000, umm, perhaps catching up some sleep? This has been a very hectic season an what with me living in Asia - most live soccer matches are in the wee hours of the morning. Thanx to all those live coverages, on average, 5 days a week (think CL matches 2 days/week, UEFA 1, Serie A 2 -- all end at 4.30 the earliest) I go to bed these days when the sun rises!
I'm not complaining, not at all, but I'll definitely catch some sleep during this 'break'....ZZZZ and get reenergized for the coming season! Yipppeee :)

Forza Lazio

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a long break but that's not why I hate that period so much. I hate it because Lazio is always involved in theese big transfers and you never know wich great player Cragnotti will sell this summer.

Mrs Nesta

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I am with Adriaan, I live in Arnhem, and wont be bored at all!! :)

From which matches have you got tickets for?

I myself will go to the Arena on the 21th of June, Holland - France!! :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I also live in Holland in the hague but we haven't a big football club, we are the second city in holland and we don't even got a club in the highest league, no we have a club with depts and is alway's midtable, it sux.
I'm not going to a game this summer but i am gonna watch every single match.
But first i wan't to see the end of most european league's.
It's a shame that i can't see most of the italian matches because our stations on TV don't show them, we have RAIuno so thats a concelation but i don't understand italian
I like the transfer periods because their will be some crazy things going on in the summer, but i doubt as good as last year.

Parma is surly gonna take the CL spot.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I agree with Van the man Marco (cool name :)) !
It's going to be a hard time but I can tell you a couple of good things.

The EURO2000 is a consolation and it's not that boring, I am going to wear the Italy jersey during that period, but I will always wear the Lazio jersey under ! :)
I won't take it off !!!! hehe…
And football is always great to look at, even if you don't support any of the teams.

From the end of this season to the start of EURO2000 I think we will hear a lot of transfer rumors, but also transfers that will be made for sure.
Then the EURO2000 begins, at the end of that. Those players who have performed well in the European Championship are going to be wanted by all the European top clubs and we will hear transfers, and rumors again :)

Then, in the middle of July Lazio will start the training on Malta for a week, and then they will start playing friendly games around Europe (among these, a friendly tournament against Ajax, Arsenal and another "big" team :)). And it will go on with friendlies and in the middle/end of August the league will start :)

My only question is: If (when) Italy qualifies to the Olympic games the league will have to take a break and the Italian football federation wants to start the league in the middle of August, but the players want some vacation….when is the league going to start ? after the Olympics ? that would be at the end of September/start of October.
If it's going to be like this, then we can start worry about what to do Marco !!!! :)

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 25-04-2000).]

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Adriaan i watch Italian soccer on Raiuno on sunday about 18.15, and on monday night there is on National TV(nederland 2) about
20 of football from spain, england and Italy.
You can also watch on Canal+(Pay channel) but i think thats too expensive, about 40 guilders a month.
So i mostly reed about italian soccer.
And Amoroso! 3 months can be a long time, esspecialy in holland and Belgian if there is a spectaculair transfer it's always a player leaving from holland.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hm, play some fuzzball in the park. retake up golf. some folkfestivals. go for the european championships, but you know what? i´ve heard it´s really a hassle to get tickets. adriaan, michel, know anything about that? pricerange belgien vs sweden?

well, that could be kinda nice and fill the empty elephant int he roomsyndrome.

marco

ps adriaan, by all means, a mixture of two superheroes.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
VAN THE MAN MARCO,
I dont know how expensive, cause they will be by now, those tickets will be.
I bought the tickets for Holland -France at the first chance you could buy tickets, which was arranged through the UEFA, and you could choose for matches, but you didnt knew already which ones you would get, I am just lucky I got the match I am able to see now :)
I didnt get tickets for a match here in Arnhem, and the final :(

Now van Nistelrooij, if he WILL BE playing for ManU next season, has got the nickname "Van the Man" aswell :)

And to Adriaan,
I also watch sundays at approximately 1815 at RaiUno, they show all matches, even some out of Serie B.
But the one broadcasted on NED2 at monday evening suck!
Too short, or hardly nothing sometimes, like when there is tennis, then Serie A isnt that important.
There was a time, when only the Primera Divison and Serie A was broadcast, that was so much better then it is now.

Oh, how time flies by :( :)

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 25-04-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Three months is long period and it would be
hard to live.
But transfer period will be interesting.

So long for now.

DANIJEL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts