Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deportivo lost and the Catalans are right behind them in the table! 2 points! If barca wins La Liga I will kill myself!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Of couse Barce will win, there's this thing called sods law and it seems to happen to me a lot. Watch how they win the CL as well

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're starting to piss me off, pool! Stop bein' so damn pessimistic. I know I wasn't too optimistic, when I said we had no chance for the treble, but for Christs sake! Stop being so grouchy! We, Real Madrid CF will win at least the CL, the league is still possible although it would be a fuc*in' miracle :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
pessimistic??????
Excuse me but if you have not noticed we are very inconcsistent and as much as I would like to say that Real will win the CL what is the point if I don't believe it. The last post was a joke and not what I believe (hence the sods law bit) but do you feel that it is certain that we will win the CL??????? We have B Munich and if we beat them probably Barce, I'm sorry but this seems to be a tad hard too me and allthough we may have the players they don't seem to be playing as a team yet.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I really hope so, come on lets get psyched up........RAH!!!!!!
That ought to do it!!!!
Seriously it depends on what the players and tactics are like. On paper I think we have much better players but consistency is not our thing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Of course barca are more likely to win both competitions, because we simply are the better team :)
I wonder when you guys are gonna finally realise this. And maybe if Sanz actually gave a manager more than 6 months at his job, and let him buy his own players, then you would achieve more consistecy.
There is no way that you have the better players on paper, except Roberto Carlos and Raul we outclass your team in every position.
I'm not trying to be confrontational by the way, sorry if i seem this way. :)
It's just the truth at the moment, it will change eventually i'm sure because every team has a good period. For barca this period has been the last 10 years.

D

·
0 Posts
Interesting post Oly! :) Nice to hear about opinions from the other side of the fence. Not that I agree though! :) I insist that Real have the better squad specially if you look into the future. (What's our average age 24? And our best player and future captain is 22!). Not that you'll agree winth me! It's all a matter of opinion in the end. I do agree that the 90's have been Barcelona's decade. (Like who wouldn't?) But I do know that the next decade will be Raul's and Real's!

P.S.
Raul and Roberto Carlos only? What about Hierro and Casillas?

P.S.2
Don't bother answering...We're straying off topic! :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's make a small comparison:
Casillas - Hesp

pretty pathetic, but our 18 year old is better known then the Dutchman and definitely better

1:0 Real

Salgado - Puyol

no comment, pretty obvious

2:0 Raul

Hierro - Abelardo

both are good, but over the whole career I think we both know who has been better. But OK Hierro has had a bad year so I give a tie

Real 2,5: 0,5

Karanka - F.de Boer

Your first point. The Dutchman is the best left center defender in the world, so this was no competition for Aitor

Real 2,5: 1,5

Roberto Carlos - Sergi

Our guy definitely. Are you gonna argue? I'd give a tie if Zenden was always the first man on this position

Real 3,5: 1,5

Redondo - Guardiola

A very tuff one. You'll probably say Pep, but I say Fernando, so another tie

Real 4:2

Savio - Cocu

Take a guess??? I love Phillip and and love Savio. I say another draw?

Real 4,5: 2,5

McManaman - Figo

It has to be the Portuguese, but qwe all know this category could be a closer contest

Real 4,5: 3,5

Guti - Rivaldo

This is your second CLEAR win, but in two years time don't bet against this comaprsion being turned over ;)

4,5:4,5

Raul - Dani

nothing has to be said. Raul is the best player on earth, so poor Danio was without a chance from the start. I agree Dani is great, but this was a lost cause

Real 5,5: 4,5

Morientes - Kluivert

I would have no trouble saying Mori is better, but OK, he has had a bad patch altely and you wouldn't agree with it anyway so I give another draw.

REAL MADRID WINS 6 : 5

Wow! Who has the better players Oli?

In one word, if we had to field the best eleven, 6 would come from Real and only 5 from Barca. Bye, bye losers ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have to dispute some points:
Reiziger is better than Salgado, and Reiziger is my 1st choice right-back from the team, plus my 2nd favourite in La Liga behind Contra.
Gaurdiola - Redondo is a clear win for Pep, i'm sorry. Just look at barca's horrible disease of Gaurdiola-dependency. He must be a great player to make a whole team revolve around him.
Kluivert - Morientes is a narrow win for Patrick for me. Ok, Mori is a lethal finisher, but have you counted Kluivert's assists this season? His creative passing is exceptional.

But this argument is useless because we play different systems. Our defenders look sh|t because they are always being left one-on-one. But I DEFINITELY agree on the Raul, Roberto Carlos and Casillas points. lol :(

V

·
0 Posts
Reiziger is better than Salgado, I don't know about that man. Salgado is pritty good.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, Oly, here we goi again:
Reiziger is not better then Salgado and you really should know tjhat, and second: Puyol is the starter in Barca on the RB position, not Michael, so I win.

Guardiola is important to Barca, what is Redondo then to Real. Both are the minds of their teams and I will agree with you that Pep has the bigger POTENTIAL, but unfortuantely imjuries have done their toll and it's a draw.

To say Kluivert is better then Mori is really funny :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
No offence but I think that Barce should lose points for Hesp. I mean how this guy is your no.1 is beyond me (coincedence that he is Dutch?).
Lab - you'd have Campo ahead of Karanker?, not that it would matter.

Barce seem to be dependent on Figo I thought...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never said Campo is better! Wheere did that come form? Too straighten things out: IMO Ivan Campo is the worst player in the whiole Real Madrid squad :( Is evverything clear now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts