Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No wonder the fat cnut wants Ronaldo to go to Madrid.

Chelsea TV and www.chelseafc.com can exclusively reveal the following statement:

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm that Luiz Felipe Scolari will be the club's new manager from July 1, 2008.

Felipe has great qualities. He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level, he gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.

Out of respect for his current role as Head Coach of the Portuguese national team, and to ensure minimum disruption to this work, there will be no further comment from Chelsea FC nor from Felipe about his new role until his employment with us commences.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Lol...Funny they fire a coach like Mourinho and talk about attractive football but then hire a man who is probably just like Jose in terms of how they want a team to play.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Lol...on a free....who gives a shit about money...Its Chelsea...they have enough to spare.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Not the right time to make this public.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Who cares really....He says nothing then it is leaked and his team has to answer 20 questions a day about if they know anything and if the rumor is true...Everyone now knows hes leaving and its done....better this way i think.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i think he will be a good coach. hopefully he brings in quaresma and sells malouda. maybe a chance of moutinho too :p

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Not the right time to make this public.
Chelsea had to do it, to prevent a mass exodus.

(especially to the former former-coach)

Negotiating for targets are also difficult when players dont know who the coach is....

I suppose CFC are going to be popular with Portugese and Brazilian players.

CRon + KaKa :D.... why not.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Meh don't fear him at all Hiddink is far more dangerous.

He will play "sexy" football Ruud Gullitt at Newcastle style and fail like him aswell. What makes Chelsea so hard to play against is their physical power they will lose that with Scolari I can see many players leaving and many light weights joining.

Also no Quaresma for Chelsea which is always good news.

I expect Grant being shouted back as manager by the end of the new season.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
wow., many underestimate Scolari. :D

why do you consider that No Quaresma with scolari around.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Portistas are going to find out just how good Scolari is when he leaves the NT.

Can't wait to find out which Pinto da Costa stooge they're going to replace him with.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
A post from a Benfica and Portugal fan on another forum:

Hi guys,

Giving you an opinion from portuguese Liverpool supporter. Couldn't be a happier day for me. Twice. Portugal is finally free and Liverpool is clear of one of the two teams that dominated last 4 years the Premier League.

Scolari is a terrible manager. One of the worst portuguese national team coaches ever.

Our national team had, by far, the best players ever on his hands, and the man has reached some amazing negative records, like loosing 3 times for Greece in one year, being the first home team to lose opening Euro game, being the only home team to lose final Euro game...

Our football was absolutely catastrophic in the last 6 years, excluding these 2 good games in Euro 2008. Best players are not selected for national team (in 2004 we had Vitor Baia as European GK of the year and Scolari left him out of Euro. Worst than that, he choose a Porto B keeper to some games, just to make fun of Baia!! No-one knows, today, why he did that. Be aware that I'm a Benfica fan...). Scolari's teams are a lot of Scolari's friends. Either he likes you or either you should leave immediately, because your season is over.

People cheer about his results in our national team, but results happened due to a lot of reasons apart from Scolari:

- Best players ever, by far.
- Playing home in 2004 (refs helped us in group stages against Russia and Spain a lot)
- Playing with Mourinho's european champions in Euro 2004. In fact, Scolari lost the opening game against Greece because he chose "his" players. BEing criticized a lot (Scolari is anti-Porto), he had to pick Porto's players for the following games. Team performance changed dramatically. It was a change from Scolari, to Mourinho...
- Players used to win a lot of trophies in the best leagues in the world (specially Premier League).
- A lot of lucky factors. For example, Turkey defeated Switzerland today. That was THE ONLY result that would see Portugal win the group. We've won the group, we already have more resting days that every other national team for being in Group A, and we'll still be able to rest players against Switzerland! BE aware that a Switzerland win wouldn't even qualified Portugal and, with this lucky result, we're not only qualified, but qualified 1st.

Also, his achievements on the last years were not that special. Why do people cheer so much about him because of our 2004 and 2006 competitions? Apart from winning against Angola, Iran and Russia, what do we get when considering top teams?

- Wins against Spain, Mexico and The Netherlands (twice).
- 2 draws against England, one of them playing against 10 for more than 90 minutes?
- Defeat against France
- Defeat against Germany
- Double defeat against Greece...

There are a lot of fans who don't like Scolari in Portugal (there are also a lot who like). People who deeply breeth soccer and understand of the business agree that Scolari's job is terrible.

As for Quaresma being now 100% away from Chelsea: Completely right!

Scolari did not pick Quaresma for 2004 Euro and 2006 World Cup (in 2005/2006 Quaresma was considered best player in Portugal) and insists in leaving him in the bench in 2008 Euro. Scolari hates Quaresma, Quaresma hates Scolari.

Regards mates

Good read would read again 8/10

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I wouldn't have chosen him myself but I guess he still has a good reputation since he won the World Cup. It will be interesting to see who stays and who comes in. I guess you can erase Quaresma as a possible signing since it seems he doesn't rate him as much as others do, otherwise he would've had a more prominent role in the national team over the years.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Scolari is a winner. That poster doesn't know what he's talking about.

Scolari took a Brazil side that a lot of people doubted and won the World Cup in 2002. He then went to coach Portugal and took them to semis and finals, i.e. results they never reached before even with the so-called "golden generation" that crashed out in the first round in 2002.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Big Phil is big risk for Chelsea. He's the type of manager who won't take crap from Roman, and you know what can happen when you have people like that.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts