Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will tell you's right now- There is no story on it so dont search !!!

But imagine the line up for Game 1 at Euro 2004 with Big Luiz Felipe Scolari in charge ???????

........................................Ricardo

..Andrade..........................Litos..............................Rui Jorge

..........................Petit......................Rui Costa
.Simao Sabrosa......................................................Hugo Viana

........................Nuno Gomes............Figo
.........................................Pauleta

Subs from..
Conceicao
Makukula
Postiga
Frechaut
Caneira
Quaresma
Paulo Costa
Ednilson & a few other young guns.

* Note - the ommisoin of Fernando Couto - If Big Phil was there- the BIG BROOM would be unforgiving and know no reputation !!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
We would be undefeated for christs' sake! WE'D FRICKEN MASSACRE OUR OPPONENTS!!

G

·
You know i think Kevin Keegan could do a good job. He'd have us playing out attcking foot ball which has been the prob with all our recent coaches. Scolari would be an excellent choice but hardly likely really!

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I REALLY want a foreign coach.

·
International
5,629 Posts
AXP103 said:
I REALLY want a foreign coach.
I just want somebody in Portugal to take the WC seriously, and not as a vacation destination.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
RedEagle said:

I just want somebody in Portugal to take the WC seriously, and not as a vacation destination.
I just want somebody with a philosophy and the balls to stick to it, much like Scolari.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My sentiments exactly Pila. I know if Big Phil wasnt happy with Figo's attitude - he would be out in an instant. Portugal not only need a coach but a dictator, too many people have been there too long ( I am talking about upstairs & some players) and really take there position for granted !!!

One example , Paulo Sousa- Was he not the one who said after Euro96 - " I will not play for Portugal again " but then suddunly found his Portuguese Pride when we were on the brink for Euro 2000.

We Need a new direction......... an old name is 5 steps back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts