Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend was the 2002 world cup a one off? did that victory owe more to the fact that ronaldo, rivaldo and ronaldinho and co were in such a rich vein of form? because to be frank his record with the portugese NT wasnt much better than his predecessor. since becoming Chelsea manager he’s shown complete ineptness of unimaginable magnitude when it comes to tactics, and team preparation. Some say he is losing the plot my friends; but i say the guy never had a script or a plot to follow in the first place

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
He is garbage through and through. Always has been.

You can tell a lot from Coaches reactions to games. And he emanates worthless whining. Teams will play the same style as their coaches reaction, if you pay close attention.

And all Scolari does it shrug his shoulders, roll his eyes, and do mocking slap motions with hands. That's what Chelsea are now, under him.

I remember when Chelsea's tactic was always have a plan, and stick to the plan, whether winning or losing. Thusly, I remember Mourinho, and Grant, who merely followed Mourinho to a tee. Boring football? Football with a plan.

Chelsea turned from grinding out games at their own pace, to fighting for any scrap they find, and getting completely caught up in any meaningless decision that did not go their way. See Joe Cole is now blowing his mind at every decision that does not go his way, instead of letting it go and continuing play. Every player is now Scolarified.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
He ain't nothing special. Didn't understand the big hurrah the media made here in England.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Don't know whether he is as clueless and disillusioned as people on here make him out to be.

my friend was the 2002 world cup a one off? did that victory owe more to the fact that ronaldo, rivaldo and ronaldinho and co were in such a rich vein of form?
AC 360, said it before, I think Scolari should get recognition for that 2002 WC win, he used a formation to suit Rivaldo(mwah), Ronaldo and Ronaldhino to devastating affect in the 2002 World Cup!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Chelsea's plan last season was always get it early to Drogba and support him, this season they don't have that as Drogba is either injured or shite, Robinho would have been perfect for this team but Kenyon f*cked it up.

Scolari has only signed Deco, so you can't really point the finger too much as none of these are his players.

·
Registered
69,976 Posts
He is garbage through and through. Always has been.

You can tell a lot from Coaches reactions to games. And he emanates worthless whining. Teams will play the same style as their coaches reaction, if you pay close attention.

And all Scolari does it shrug his shoulders, roll his eyes, and do mocking slap motions with hands. That's what Chelsea are now, under him.

I remember when Chelsea's tactic was always have a plan, and stick to the plan, whether winning or losing. Thusly, I remember Mourinho, and Grant, who merely followed Mourinho to a tee. Boring football? Football with a plan.

Chelsea turned from grinding out games at their own pace, to fighting for any scrap they find, and getting completely caught up in any meaningless decision that did not go their way. See Joe Cole is now blowing his mind at every decision that does not go his way, instead of letting it go and continuing play. Every player is now Scolarified.
Bring Boloni to Chelsea my friend.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
jern

He knew what sort of players were there, he was a Portuguese Coach.... and Bosingwa should be considered his player too.

Morever which coach can complain about Lampard, Ballack, Drogba, Terry, JCole, ACole, Essien, Anelka, Cech etc etc.

Maybe only wenger.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
my friend was the 2002 world cup a one off? did that victory owe more to the fact that ronaldo, rivaldo and ronaldinho and co were in such a rich vein of form?
That and the fact that all the so called favorites completely sucked, so Brazil basically won by default.

Besides, Brazil wins the cup so often that it's not really that big a deal, they have quite a few winning coaches, not all of them geniuses.

·
63,337 Posts
jern

He knew what sort of players were there, he was a Portuguese Coach.... and Bosingwa should be considered his player too.

Morever which coach can complain about Lampard, Ballack, Drogba, Terry, JCole, ACole, Essien, Anelka, Cech etc etc.

Maybe only wenger.

I would complain about a lot of them players, spoilt, over the hill, given up, etc, Mourinho had them on the up and Scolari has them on the way down, Essien hasn't played and it's f*cking amazing to me that still puindits claim Cech as the best goalkeeper in the world. :dielaugh:

and they still haven't replaced Robben, someone that can actually beat defenders/or come off the bench to change the game.

·
63,337 Posts
....but whatever can be said about Chelsea's current struggles, long may it last :D.

it will, as Abra has gone strangely tight, the only way this team will improve is fresh blood and they are not getting it.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Besides, Brazil wins the cup so often that it's not really that big a deal, they have quite a few winning coaches, not all of them geniuses.
Yeah, Carlos Alberto Parreira is another one who's tactical astuteness is overrated.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Parreira has never been hailed as a good coach in Brasil, unlike Parreira Scolari has actually had a successful career, winning a lot of important titles club wise.

Also seeing the form of some Chelsea players and the lack of bench you can´t blame him, Essien was a huge blow, defensive midfield was giving Manu assists through out the match.

Plus considering how he does not get the same respect he gets in Brasil its hard for him to impose his will, unless he gets his team I don´t see his move to Chelsea working.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
According to Fluminense fans, he is the freaking messiah.
how many fluminense fans have you talked to? Please don´t say anything, Parreira was even criticized when he won the World Cup. And his career in club football has been very modest.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It was pretty sad that grant wasn't given a proper go,just missing out on the league and the CL Trophy he was quite stiff.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I can remember in 2006 WC, Scolari stuck to a 4-5-1, opting to play both Costinha & Petit simultaneously at times, whereas he should have clearly gone for a 4-4-2 with Nuno Gomes partnering a out-of-form Pauleta. I started doubting his tactical abilities since then.

He should have gone for a 4-2-3-1 yesterday to give cover to his fullbacks.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Ronaldo made him famous back in 02.
He tried his luck with the other Ronaldo (CR7) but failed miserably, getting owned by Greece etc.

So what not? He should coach Brazil again and focus the attack around uhhhhhhhm O FENOMENO RONALDO!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Please spare us of your disgusting posts. Everyone knows you are a dimwit.
Jealous? :happy:

don't you wish you were more like Dagoods in real life? Don't you get tired of bigger kids stealing your lunch money? :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 124 Posts