Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not one to particularly care about having 'big names' in our team, as long as you have a good collective team who can pkay with each other, as I thought we did, before the Euro competition. My worry is, why is it, in the last 15 - 20 years we have not had any players who are capable of playing at a big club, regularly. I would say out 3 best these days are Smolarek, Boruc and Blaszczykowski and where do they play, one is a sub at Bolton who does not even go on sometimes, one is the number goalie at Celtic and one is playing regularly in Dortmund. Compare that to say Serbia, Vidic is a regular at Manchester United and Stankovic for Inter, I think Manchester United have just bought Tokic as well. Or the Czech Rep, Rosicky at Arsenal, Nedved at Juventus. I hope soon Blasczykowski and Boruc can go to big clubs, they have the capability of playing at that level.

·
Registered
27,178 Posts
*Tosic.

Serbia also has Dragutinovic at Sevilla, Sulejmani at Ajax, Krstajic at Schalke, Kuzmanovic at Fiorentina, Kolarov at Lazio...

yet, Poland qualified for the Euro and Serbia did not. So it's much more important to have a solid, stable squad with good players, rather than a bunch of individuals with no chemistry.

But yes, I have wondered about the same thing that you have about Poland. Boruc is definitely a top class shot stopper.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I am not one to particularly care about having 'big names' in our team, as long as you have a good collective team who can pkay with each other, as I thought we did, before the Euro competition. My worry is, why is it, in the last 15 - 20 years we have not had any players who are capable of playing at a big club, regularly. I would say out 3 best these days are Smolarek, Boruc and Blaszczykowski and where do they play, one is a sub at Bolton who does not even go on sometimes, one is the number goalie at Celtic and one is playing regularly in Dortmund. Compare that to say Serbia, Vidic is a regular at Manchester United and Stankovic for Inter, I think Manchester United have just bought Tokic as well. Or the Czech Rep, Rosicky at Arsenal, Nedved at Juventus. I hope soon Blasczykowski and Boruc can go to big clubs, they have the capability of playing at that level.
I think its jus a matter of time when a Polish player will break the ice for the others

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i like to see lionel messi playing , i really like this players game , he is just best ever i have seen in football history , really fast and sharp on target.wonderful to watch , great team spirit , this player is really a team man.without him football is just incomplete for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts