Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Aston Villa maide a biggest mistake for selling Collymore...

Do you agree with me?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I agree with Nalin that it was a mistake buying Collymore...but selling him no!!
Read under the topic, Collymore scores a hat-trick!!!!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Collymore at leicester...good move for all 3parts.....lets hope it stays like that (not).

He will eventually crack. But Villa need Carbone more.

With Carbone and Dublin upfront, Merson behind (Hendrie backup for Merson), and if Merson is getting off form, Carbone can also move back into his position, and then we have Luc Nilis, Vassell and Walker...Maybe some new kid also......Therefor no room for Stan the Man

Wishlist this season...Joachim OUT OF VILLA PARK, send him back to Leicester and pair him with Collymore.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Completely agree with what you say ESR...it makes me laugh to see people come and criticise Villa for selling Collymore, I'm sure that they are the same people who told Villa to get rid of him a few months ago!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
This Collymore thing is a difficult situation to understand.
Although Stan is a great player and (supposedly) a Villa Fan, he could never come and play for the Villa again because of the effect that he has on the other players. Players like Southgate have refused to have him playing in the Villa team...that is why he had to go!

He can never return to Villa...but I wish him luck at Leicester!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Hi , I'm Lazio fans , I just wanna to say my opinion .
Collymore still good , you should try get him back .
Even he has weird attitude but he will prove that he is still one of the greatest striker in England now .

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Gareth Southgate means so more to the club than Stan Collymore ever could!!!
It;s like Lazio selling Inzaghi because he didn't fit in and Nesta and others not wanting him to play! There is no way we as Lazio fans would say sell Nesta and bring Simeone back!

Gareth is our leader and a great defender...Stan never performed for us!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's funny though that when Aston Villa sells a striker that striker becomes one of the best players in the league, like: Milosevic, he played crap for Villa but when Villa sold him to Zaragosa,now he is one of the best strikers in Spain!!!

The same thing for Collymore, he plays crap for Villa but for Leciester the best...I just don't get it...

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ok, so Collymore has one great game for Leicester and suddenly he is a great striker! He came backed and scored hat-tricks for Villa but nothing came of it...Judge this revival of Collymore when he has played more games!

As for Savo, he was not crap for Villa. He did not play his best but then also Spain is a different type of league! He also has matured as a person and player! He was also overshadowed by Dwight Yorke..who played fantastic football for Villa!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts