Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our beloved Nutter has been given a 1 year contract that he is expected to sign. His curent contract ends on completion to the season. Dunc who earns $65,000 per year will take a massive pay cut to stay at Goodison park. The new contract is a guarenteed 28,000 per week.
I would have preferred a pay as you play deal but I guess this is best, as this season he has been healthy and he has managed to fire up the team when he does get in there.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Well, with today's goal he already started to pay back. Incredible...a draw at home versus BC and still a big step towards CL...:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
PAULMAY said:
Our beloved Nutter has been given a 1 year contract that he is expected to sign. His curent contract ends on completion to the season. Dunc who earns $65,000 per year will take a massive pay cut to stay at Goodison park. The new contract is a guarenteed 28,000 per week. I would have preferred a pay as you play deal but I guess this is best, as this season he has been healthy and he has managed to fire up the team when he does get in there.

I think you kinda got that a bit wrong mate :wth:

I dnt care what he gets as long as he's here for another season thats the main thing,hes shown the past few games that hes still got a lot to offer,hes a total legend,i love the man.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think if we qualify for europe - he definatly deserves another year, No way for the same wage rate though. So much of our success this season has been down to him, and even games where he hasn't scored - he's still caused mayhem in the opposition box to help rescue us when we were in trouble.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
blue nose bear said:
I think you kinda got that a bit wrong mate :wth:

I dnt care what he gets as long as he's here for another season thats the main thing,hes shown the past few games that hes still got a lot to offer,hes a total legend,i love the man.
You have to remember that he does owe us a lot from his long injury troubles he's had the past two years. We were paying him high wages when during his trouble times.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant see paying him all that money over the years for sitting most of a season in the training room, or when he was fit sitting in the stands for red card violations. I am glad that he has stayed healthy this season, and managed to keep his temper in check but I put that to the fact he has been used sparingly by Moyes. With that he has been able to score some excelent goals this season. But he is just a bench player and not capable of playing a full 90 minuets and should be paid that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
You have to remember that he does owe us a lot from his long injury troubles he's had the past two years. We were paying him high wages when during his trouble times.
but that aint his fault he gets injured a lot,but when he plays he gives eveything hes got and hes scored so much vital goals for us.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
No, but we have been very patient with him despite him being the highest paid player at the club for the last few years, but you're right - he deserves credit and certianly given his all this season.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
£28,000 a week sounds awfully expensive for a "bench player". Over his career Dunc must be one of the highest paid players per game of football that he's actually played. I like to see him do well, but what a wasted talent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts