Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oliver Bierhoff ended a worrying goal drought in style on Saturday when he scored two goals, including a last-minute
winner, in a 3-2 victory over the Czech Republic.

Germnany played well, with creativity, Hassler showed he's still got lots of talent, it was definitely a good decision to have included him.

Even without Matthaus and Jeremies, Germany played as though it won't all end in failure at Euro 2000. England are starting to peak also, I can even see Germany and England progressing from group A.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
So I'm a Bierhoff fan and vastly prejudiced, but doesn't the man voted the worst of Germany's strikers have a nice way of answering his critics?? Coming on in the 57th minute and scoring 2 goals to beat the Czech Republic. Now we have to wonder...will he be used as supersub after these 2 performances or will he start?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Well, actually I was hoping for Bierhoff to end his goal drought once Euro 2000 starts! And then perhaps he can repeat Alan Shearer's feat in Euro '96? Prior to Euro '96 Shearer was having a goal drought too, and he ended up as the top scorer then!
Let's just hope that Bierhoff scores more, 'n more, 'n more goals in Euro 2000...

Deutsche Uber Alles!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts