Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cup probably doesn't mean a lot tbh but the game coming up on Wednesday will nevertheless be a very important indication of where we are and more importantly what the future of our manager is.

A week after Gullit proclaimed he saw it all coming with our lacklustre performance against Den Bosch :)rollani: ), it's now time for him to show that he not only can say things afterwards but also take the necessary action before hand. What better than to prove that he has the man management skills to set the players heads right for Wednesday since afterall Gullit's strong point is his charisma, isn't it? if he can't he might as well pack it in since tactically he's shown he isn't the best to put it mildly.

I don't expect miracles come Wednesday as PSVs midfield and defence are obviously stronger than ours but what I do want to see is the team to fight and give it's all. We can't ask for more.

Team I want to see:

--------Babos--------

Ostlund--Saidi-Gibbs--Pascal

-------de Graaf----------
----Hofs------Goor---------

--Castelen-Kuijt--Kalou

Ono I think should be benched for his lacklustre display yesterday and if things aren't working we can always bring him on later, but the most important thing we need in our midfield is legs and especially some body in the DM spot so that's why I've gone for de Graaf there.

Come on Feyenoord :fero: Surprise us for once like against AZ :cool:

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
The cup is all we have left Wally, so they better make an effort! :fero:

Yeah agree on your line-up, De Graaf came on pretty well, so I'd start him and no more Basto! Hofs should bring some spirit to our midfield. Our attack isn't the problem. Perhaps play Bahia as well?

PSV must be getting tired and IMO that's our chance to overtake them. Of course we usually do well against them, but after 2 straight losses that doesn't mean much anymore.

As for Gullit, my stance is clear, the sooner he leaves, the better. When I think of what could have been with Jol in charge..:wallbang:, at least he ended up at your other club Wally. ;)

My prediction nevertheless 1-2 for PSV, Kalou scoring our only goal..

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drulo said:
Perhaps play Bahia as well?

As for Gullit, my stance is clear, the sooner he leaves, the better. When I think of what could have been with Jol in charge..:wallbang:, at least he ended up at your other club Wally. ;)

My prediction nevertheless 1-2 for PSV, Kalou scoring our only goal..
for Pascal or for Gibbs? both had off days against Den Bosch, I guess Gibbs had a slightly better game against Ajax but Bahia isn't a natural LB either :undecide:

We'll have to get thrashed on Wednesday then if we're going to see Jorien press on the firing button soon :D as I can't see him taking such measures unless something drastic happens. Course I'd like the club to do well but if we do alright till the end of the season and don't get thumped , Gullit will stay for another year for sure :neutral:

Who would you want btw? Wim Jansen has said he won't be coming to Feyenoord if Jan D Swart is still here so other than perhaps van Hanegem (maybe too old I don't know) or Huub Stevens, I can't think of more out the top of my head.
God forbid we get Dick Advocaat!

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
For Gibbs and play Bosschaart on the left. But I'd understand if we continued with Gibbs. I do want to see more of Bahia though, he doesn't look bad from what I've seen so far.

Yeah, to be honest, I expect Ruud to stay for one more season, or depending on how crappy we do, part of the next season. But I hope Vd Herik realises that we're not heading anywhere with him at the helm.

Huub Stevens is someone I've been thinking about for a while now. He's a solid coach IMO, ideal for a team like Feyenoord. Too bad about Janssen cause not only is the man extremely popular, he actually knows his football unlike Gullit. Also, to be honest, I'd rather have Advocaat than Gullit.

Willem would be nice for sentimental reasons, but not a good move looking ahead to the future. We need someone who's ambitious, tactically aware and who has a realistic and thought out plan for the next couple of seasons.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
So you guys have got the line-up sorted that's gonna get creamed by us have you? :D
We're smelling the treble, but would happily settle for the double.
But realistically, in de Kuip is not the best place for us, and quite frankly, I can see Feyenoord going on to the final after a brilliant come-back winning 4-3. :)

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bazman, your defence will have to have some off-day were you to concede 4 :D but then again you did concede 3 against us last December despite you more or less controlling the game, so yeah everythings possible I guess. I hope for your sake that Hiddink will start with Robert for once now that Vennegoors injured as Sibon has his limits and looking at the game against Milan, you'll need more than Sibon.

Drulo, as for Gullit, I hope he'll be honest to himself in the summer and think hard about whether he is the man to take us further. If he continues to mess up again next season and decides to step down in January or so, it'll be another lost season.
I might laugh at managers like Advocaat and Kevin Keegan but they've always had the decency to hold their honour and resign when they know that they can't take a team further. Also it'd save us from spending on a large pay-out.

As for the DM, Bosvelt's apparantly being mentioned. In all likelihood he won't be extending his contract at Manchester City despite probably having his best season there currently. As the premiership is a lot quicker and looking at his leadership skills, I think it may well be worth a gamble for one season to take him on. Course he's not getting any younger but his charisma and leadership qualities could help us a lot in midfield. If Wotte takes on Bosvelt and Oude Kamphuis (providing de Graaf doesn't impress or more likely Gullit won't give him a chance and he'll just disappear on loan) for next season I think we'd be a lot further than we are now.

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Bringing Bosvelt back would be absolutely huge! Since Paul left, our midfield hasn't been the same. I'm sure Paul would want to return to us if offered the chance. C'mon Mark make it happen! :thmbup:

I've been reading some forums and I see the names Gio and Boateng mentioned. I don't think that's realistic at the moment, especially Gio. But I have no doubt that they wouldn't mind finishing their careers in R'dam some day.

For our defence, how about Majstorovic?

Baz, I honestly hope you're right cause we desperately need something to cheer over.
Wally, don't count on it with Gullit, he has a moneyspunge waiting at home, plus he doesn't seem to be the type of guy who has selfcriticism and integrity, so my bet is he'll stick around for the release fee.

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
I'm going to the match tonight! :happy:

I found out today that we journalism students have the right to borrow one of the 20 available 'sportperskaarten' for a day. So I tried my luck and to my own surprise I'll be there among all of Holland's most prominent sportsjournalists tonight. :excited: :D

I'll also get the chance to attend the pressconference which will be nice.

Now if we could only win, I'd have a perfect night and I could borrow the card again for the final. ;)

FORZA FEYENOORD! :fero:

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drulo said:
cool :cool: , you know what to do there :stoned: :boxing: :D

Maastribune I guess right?

Shame Hiddink won't be at the game (understandable though) and that Cocu & Ooijer will most likely be spared as I'd have loved to be able to brag "we beat you in the season you reached the CL semis" to the boeren I know:proud: won't be able to to now without the ifs and buts :groan:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Drulo said:
I'm going to the match tonight! :happy:

I found out today that we journalism students have the right to borrow one of the 20 available 'sportperskaarten' for a day. So I tried my luck and to my own surprise I'll be there among all of Holland's most prominent sportsjournalists tonight. :excited: :D

Whoa thats cool man! :cool: Are you allowed to ask any Q's? I'm going to register as journalism student as well :D

Drulo said:
Now if we could only win, I'd have a perfect night and I could borrow the card again for the final. ;)

FORZA FEYENOORD! :fero:
WORD

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
I believe I can. :)

I just discussed one with Wally, to Ruud, win or loss: Wordt t niet tijd om de eer aan jezelf te houden en je ontslag in te dienen? :D

I'll bet I'll make Studio Sport then. Anyway you're welcome at the SvJ Monte!

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Well I'm back already... :scream:

It seems I needed to send Feyenoord's PR buro an email to reserve a seat. The d*ckheads from my school of course forgot to mention that valuable piece of info. Now I had to hope the presstribune wasn't full and of course my luck ran out just then. Only one of my fellow students actually bothered to reserve a seat, so I'm not the only one getting dissed.

I was there at the press entrance where I was standing behind that bald guy who has the sportshow on NL3, where he's a masseur. Then some redactieleden from voetbal insite arrived, they greeted him and his buddy and also greeted me. Which was pretty funny. :D

Oh well, next time I won't be as unfortunate and luckily this match is live on TV.

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
HT: 1-0

Entertaining match so far, we deserve the lead although PSV also had a period of domination. Ostlund is our worst player so far, can't pass at all! On Kalou and Kuijt we depend. Hofs and Goor looked ok also.

Also, the ref's a d!ckhead, we should have gotten a penatly for Lee's foul on Castelen.

I doubt we can keep a clean sheet, so we'll have to score at least one more goal, although 2 would be better. C'mon Feyenoord, bring us at least one final!

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Typical..:rolleyes:

But it was coming after 2 gifts from the ref. Now we'll have to hope luck is on our side for once, although I doubt it..

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
:sob:

Well, we can kiss 04/05 goodbye. And with Gullit in charge, we'll probably do the same next year.

Life as a Feyenoord fan ain't pretty these days.. :eek:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Drulo said:
Life as a Feyenoord fan ain't pretty these days.. :eek:
Hey Hey! Hold on there! Gullit is niet te benijden hè..:howler: :pp ;)

Anyway, what's that song again....

Always look on the bright side of life :jester: :D

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
geez, how depressing can it get :(

you did feel it coming though in the 2nd half. Played too deep and when we attacked, it wasn't with the same conviction as in the 2nd half. Anyways congrats PSV and we'll be back in about 2007 or something the way things are going :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts