Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, good luck to them in the semi final this weekend, it was great to see them play their last game in the Anoeta.

My mate is going there next week with 12 friends and he has asked me to give him some useful phrases in Basque, so I have told him "hamarhiru garagadoak (or is it garaganoak in Ipparalde?) mesedez." which should see him ok. He wants to learn some Basque because I told him that I have had many a free drink in bars where I have ordered in Basque - but I did point out that I didn't have 12 other people with me. But the thing is, I have not been to Biarritz for such a long time, so I'm unsure of any bars where Euskera is spoken. I have told him to stray away from the touristy bits and go into the town, but does anyone know any Basque-speaking bars or areas?

Eskerrik Asko

·
Registered
556 Posts
I´m sorry I can´t help you, Fish. I´ve been in Biarritz but don´t know much. I´ve been in Agilera ( Biarritz´s rugby stadium) several times but it´s a bit far from the city centre and don´t really "control" many bars in Biarritz.
BTW, Gora B.O!!! I´m out of Donosti and I´m afraid I will not be able to watch it on tv... I wish I were at home!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts