Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an article from Channel4's Football Italia :

"Ottavio Bianchi has held title hopefuls Milan to a draw in his debut match, but the Coach is far from content. “We play with far too much fear and that is of no use to anyone. Each time the ball comes into the box the players look terrified.”

“That is why,” explained the veteran, “the only times Milan ran into our area there was a goal and a penalty. It is absurd. The players put in the maximum effort for a minimal result. We must turn the corner.”

The team did seem more enthusiastic since Bianchi replaced Roberto Mancini on the bench, but the Coach would prefer a more hands on approach. “There’s little I can do during the game. We’d need time-outs to talk them round.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's very hard to please Bianchi! ;)
But he's got a point which we knew about since Mancini's days. The players are too scared of losing. But things look much better now after two good results, if we continued in this way, the players will lose that fear of losing. It's only a matter of time...

If that's Bianchi's feelings after a good performance, I wonder what is he going to say after a bad day?! :eek:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well I don't understand what makes the performance one sunday night so speacial (except the point). We didn't play that good and it would have amazed me (and would have made me sure he's not the man for the job) if Bianchi would have been satisfied. But he's not happy with the performance and I'm glad. He is the right man I think!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts