Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the season again and once again the rumors of Bianchi and Riquelme have surfaced. Barca by their account have had a poor season and they're on the look out for a new manager, Carlos Bianchi seems to be on the short list and if takes the position we can all rest assure that the first move he'll make is to bring Riquelme to Barca.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I certainly hope he joins us, I's so tired of mediocre coaches :depress:.

CZAR, from what I understand you're the expert here, what kind of tactics does he use, and do you think he'd be good for Barça? Also, what kind of mentality does he have, and here I'm thinking does he have the human abilities to handle a Rivaldo, Kluivert and all the other primadonnas?

Thanx :),
Daniel

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
DBOY said:

CZAR, from what I understand you're the expert here, what kind of tactics does he use, and do you think he'd be good for Barça? Also, what kind of mentality does he have, and here I'm thinking does he have the human abilities to handle a Rivaldo, Kluivert and all the other primadonnas?

Daniel
If he bring his old "conductor" alias Romy Riquelme then Rivaldo is history at Nou Camp.

Actually I don't think that Kluvert has a attitude problem (on the pitch), and for sure Carlos is capable of handling primadonnas.

Speaking about presure then being Barca-coach will be like a summer job for Carlos. The Catalan people might be into soccer but for the Argentina people it means everything. Everytime Carlos let Boca to la cancha about 40% of all Argentine people demanded victory, 59,5% of the Argentine wanted Boca to screw up while the rest didn't care.

Anyway I hope that Romy will take the offer from Jesus Gil y Gil, Romy got to much personality to play for Barcelona, but if he joins Barca next season I guess that I'll be supporting then.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I think this summer, Barca should get rid of many faces. There are too many guys that just don't get the job done. If Barca wants success then I suggest some new and qualified guys.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
And I will name few of them: Kluivert, Francesco Coco, Giovanni and Raizeger.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Basically, get rid of the dutch. If they're unable to even qualify for the WC, then they're not worthy of barcelona. Thats means the De Boers, Cocu and Razienger

But Kluivert and Overmars are good tho. Tactical mismanagement means they haven't always had the chance to shine. For example, against Real on wednesday, Kluivert was playing way too deep for a centre forward. :groan:

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
leg100 said:
Basically, get rid of the dutch. If they're unable to even qualify for the WC, then they're not worthy of barcelona. Thats means the De Boers, Cocu and Razienger
Barca already unloaded Ronald de Boer in Scotland at the Rangers two years ago, remember ?
In my opinion, they should get rid of Reizinger and the other de Boer, too, these guys are dorks !
But Cocu IMHO is a good player.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thanks Rim.

I agree with you guys, Barcelona ought to sell Reiziger, Dutruel, Alfonso, Cocu, F. De Boer, Geovanni, Christanval, Overmars and Kluivert to start somewhere.

I'm happy to see that Saviola is settling in so good, he's really had some amazing weeks personally, though they must have been horrible clubwise. I hope he gets a place in your WC squad, I think he has the class already :).

Then I also think Barça should sell Rivaldo, for a sh!tload, buy Riquelme and else let Bianchi do the talking here.

Daniel

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well,there are a lot of "if's" and "maybes" involved here.The first time i got to see Argentinian football was just a little while ago - with the great Boca line-up,managed by Bianchi,and with Romy & Palermo up front.From that moment on,it could only be Boca for me in Argentina:).This was even at the time that River had Aimar and Saviola in the same 11,but Boca were simply above them.

What's this got to do with Barca?Well,personally this 1 wish i would love to see come true.Both Saviola & JRR in the same team would be absolute dynamite,and would in turn begin to fully utilize the attacking potential of FCB.For this,Barca need a centre-forward,so Kluivert then must stay.frank De Boer is already onhis way out,reiziger could also make an exit.As for Cocu & Overmars,...it's hard to say for sure what will happen with them.But whatever else,if riquelme is signed,then Kluivert is a must - he has far more agility than Palermo,not to mention a better touch.This combination(along with JS)would be a joy to behold.:tongue:

There's only 1 problem though,my gut feeling is that Barca may have blown their chance last summer,and a move to Atletico (despite all the problems)is more likely to happen.:(

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
barsa needs a playmaker bad. i would prefer to see JRRiquelme but if is not him, they still need to go for another one, as classy as JRR. with a playmaker, xavi is out of the team and you can put a MF with good defensive skills (vieira, almeyda, davids, ).
and last but not least, they need one good Central Defender.
even though i like rivaldo (not as much as i used to, right now), i would sell him, but just for 35 mil at least. with this you can get JJR and a good CD. then, you gotta put some money Gaspart, if you want a winning team.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
DBOY said:

Daniel
At Boca he played a 4-4-2, with both backs being very offensive minded, always going in the flanks, the centerback, were also going in for the corners, always a threat, you had your cm, which was Serna, avery good and reliable one, you had two offensive/defensive midfielders, one in each flank, then you had Romy, whicc was given total freedom as a playmaker, and your two forwards, one powerful, tall CF(usually Palermo) and one quick support striker(Barros Schelotto), or two support strikers playing together(Schelotto and Delgado), this was after Palermo was sold.

He will be very good for Barca, but he's very disciplined, he wopuldn't take crap from anybody, especially Primadonnas.., he has a very working and winning mentality, he's very calmed..

I hope this helped you.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Also Crespo !!!

Barcelona wanna offer Lazio Kluvert and 25 million Euro for Crespo. Futhermore they should also be keen on signing "Brujita" Veron.

From futbolargentino.com :

Barcelona analiza con Lazio el trueque PATRICK KLUIVERT-HERNÁN CRESPO
El Barcelona estaría dispuesto a ofrecerle al Lazio al holandés Patrick Kluivert más 25 millones de euros, para poder contar en la próxima temporada con el atacante argentino Hernán Crespo.

El hipotético interés del Barcelona por Hernán Crespo habría sido ya manifestado por dirigentes del club catalán al Lazio, por medio del agente FIFA Vinicio Fioranelli.

Además de Crespo, el Barcelona estaría interesado en fichar a Juan Sebastián Verón, quien milita en el Manchester United de Inglaterra.

·
Registered
271 Posts
So barca want crespo, veron and riquelme? :tongue:

Thats sounds cool, take out the dutch and bring in the argentines :cool:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
leg100 said:
So barca want crespo, veron and riquelme? :tongue:

Thats sounds cool, take out the dutch and bring in the argentines :cool:

In with some argie-power and out with the Dutch and Rivaldo
Sound like they wanna build up a winning team cool: :) :cool: :) ;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that Barca will go for either Veron or Riquelme, but not both. If Bianchi joins Barca then I'm sure he'll look to secure Riquelme's services.

Crespo is linked not just to Brca but to Real Madrid as well.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
if i were cragnotti, i would take barsas offer. real is offering less money and morientes. i prefer more money and PKliuvert all the way.

crespo and VNisterlooy can make a lethal duo.

--------------VN-----CRESPO

-GIGGS-----------------------------BECKHAM
------------------------VERON
--------------KEANE

M

·
0 Posts
Atletico have offered a 2mil a year contract...Riquelme wants 3mil so their discussing...meanwhile if Bianchi takes over coaching Barca next season, which is very possible Riquelme will probably come too; Barca is his preffered club and he really wanted to come last and this year.

I'll be f**ked if I knew why Barca havnt acted on this and signed him finally!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts