Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again this is for Ana :pp

Whats happened so far:

Beveren has had there goalie sent off in the 3rd minute and Benfica slots away the penalty (Simao:D) and now Zahovic has scored another 2! so its

Beveren 0-3 Benfica atm :D

Ana, having a good time? :D:D

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Benfica win ;)

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
i almost fell asleep:D

we won 0-3, and played slow and slooooowweer lol

karadas missed like 4 open goals :fero: lol

oh well, we made it to the next round ;) we will end 1st or 2nd, depending on the other teams results:)

·
*the drum drum*
42,880 Posts
OK good, you avoided 3rd place..

Again, to relate this to Fener, the way things stand we'll draw one of these teams;

Group A: Basel
Group B: -
Group C: Club Brugge
Group D: Sochaux
Group E: Villareal
Group F: Auxerre
Group G: Dinamo Zagreb
Group H: Zenit

We could still draw Feyenoord if Basel can beat them in the next match.. :D

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Tolga said:
We could still draw Feyenoord if Basel can beat them in the next match.. :D
That would be an interesting reception for PVH...if he's still with the team by that time...

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
I've heard and read different. The teams from the CL will play the second placed teams while the teams which end first play the third placed teams, so you folks will be more likely to face Benfica than Feyenoord :D I've heard this from English radio, read it on Feyenoords site and also heard AZs manager say why it's important his side ends first (which they are now :cool: )

To finish second or third, Feyenoord would have to lose by 3 clear goals to Basel :D Schalke in most likelihood will end second in our group with Basel 3rd.

In Benficas group, Stuttgart should get top spot when they beat Dinamo Zagreb at home while Benfica will get second spot (worse goal difference than Stuttgart) with Heerenveen getting third spot, since they'll easily beat Beverens Ivory Coast youngsters.

Note on Heerenveen btw, they were 2-0 down with 4 minutes to go against Zagreb in Croatia but came back to draw 2-2 :cool: they could have even nicked it at the death but they hit the crossbar! Ugur Yildrim really is proving to be a Beckham for them. Gave away the first goal with a feeble Beckhamlike mistackle but made it up with a great goal. Turkeys management really should pick him before we do, since he's said his first choice is Turkey but if he has to wait, he'll play for Holland (reverse of Turaci)

So the teams which you'll meet should be:

Group A : Schalke

B: Bilbao?

C: Zaragoza

D: Sochaux (Newcastle will crush Sporting)

E: Villareal (Boro will beat Partizan)

F: Glasgow Rangers

G: Benfica

H: Lille

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Tolga said:
OK then something else that IS corrent :D

13:00CET UEFA HQ, Nyon UEFA Cup, First and second knockout round draw
Hold on.... Walter can you verify that information? :D

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
correct :D

who would you guys want btw from the list?

I'd want either Sochaux, Lille and sorry Ana, Benfica, if I was Daum

and I'd want to avoid the Spanish sides cos of their quality plus Rangers and Schalke since Turkish sides seem to have problems with physical sides (England)

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
Wally said:
correct :D

who would you guys want btw from the list?

I'd want either Sochaux, Lille and sorry Ana, Benfica, if I was Daum

(England)
sorry wally but as obsessed as u are with diminishing my team, daum can not pick benfica becoz benfica will end 2nd or 1st:;)

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
inacio said:
sorry wally but as obsessed as u are with diminishing my team, daum can not pick benfica becoz benfica will end 2nd or 1st:;)
2nd place meets the CL team ;) read my post above. Also losing to Anderlcht and Stuttgart gives me the idea that Benfica has problems with physical sides. Just my opinion. I'd be first to admit Feyenoord have many problems too in certain areas like having a crap defence.

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
and since when does 2nd place meet the CL team?

its 3rd place who does

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
inacio said:
and since when does 2nd place meet the CL team?

its 3rd place who does
always has. Read it on various Dutch sites, heard it on the radio and AZs manager said so too.

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
ok, i never heard it thats all, and tbh i dont see wat sense does it make....

why would a team wanna end 2nd, if the 3rd team will play a weaker team?

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
inacio said:
why would a team wanna end 2nd, if the 3rd team will play a weaker team?
weaker team? the 3rd team will play the team which ends top of the pool but it depends on the draw really

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
the top on the pool is supposed to be weaker than the 3rd on CL, no?

anyways, no point on discussing it

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Depends. Teams like Stuttgart and Newcastle are stronger on paper than Celtic, Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos but sides which will end top like Feyenoord, AZ and Dnipro aren't.

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
ah nah, on ur own words , uefa is the losers cup so any CL team is better;)

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Never said it was bad. Just a losers cup since UEFA is making a mockery of it by letting CL losers into it. Just like what Feyenoord was when they won the cup. :)

·
Administrator
25,373 Posts
wally u did say repeatedly it was the losers cup, but as i said, no point in arguing over it:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts