Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
The biggest scandal is admitting cheating in public, and be proud about it...and at same time nthg gets done

“Last season after a disastrous first half of the campaign, I took a closer interest in Milan and we snatched third place,” said Berlusconi.

“I think that again today the team needs more of my help.”

It was in second half of last season where Milan started getting one pk after the other..stealing CL spot from fiorentina. But ofcourse, Some Milan fan will tell me now Berlusconi is talking about giving tactical advices to moron allegri

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
The biggest scandal is admitting cheating in public, and be proud about it...and at same time nthg gets done

It was in second half of last season where Milan started getting one pk after the other..stealing CL spot from fiorentina. But ofcourse, Some Milan fan will tell me now Berlusconi is talking about giving tactical advices to moron allegri
That would certainly be more criedble than your paranoid rant with little support in anything.

your post also have very little to do with the subject.

·
1st Tier Poster
47,840 Posts
Kind of strange given these were mid-season games in Milan's title winning season. Fixing games usually requires the involvement of several players or at the very least least the goalkeeper and a couple of defenders. Also in case of Milan-Lazio they speak of Brocchi's possible involvment - a former Milanista who then played for Lazio. This would likely mean the result was agreed beforehand between both teams (or at least the key players were all aware of playing for a certain result, if not precisely a scoreless draw then at least a low-scoring match).

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
was de sanctis the bookie?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
That would certainly be more criedble than your paranoid rant with little support in anything.

your post also have very little to do with the subject.
Yeah. Surely the guy who has flaunted being above the law his entire life was referring to his tactical acumen helping Milan get over the hump, rather than his willingness to engage in corruption.

Totally.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Yeah. Surely the guy who has flaunted being above the law his entire life was referring to his tactical acumen helping Milan get over the hump, rather than his willingness to engage in corruption.

Totally.
Berlusconi has done one thing consistantly when it comes to football:
He has always taken the credit for success...
and he had never taken the blame for failure.

This is hardly something new.
Reading more into that just means you find something that correlates with your view on things and put value to that. Even if there is nothing to suggest that.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know what I don't like about these situations? What we call omertà: nobody knows anything... at least until facts force them to admit they know something. For example I trust Gattuso when he tells us he would never do something like fixing a game. The problem is that he has admitted he knew Bazzani and very likely he knew what he was trying to do. He chose to ignore him but he also chose to ignore what this Bazzani did because it was not his business. When the football players at best ignore the corruptors rather than denouncing them you can be certain that corrutors will go on corrupting. When players like Simone Farina decide they can't ignore they are forced to retire because they are spies in the other players opinion and no club would buy them.
Yesterday on gazzetta, online version, we could finally read the revealing words of Coppola, former Siena player, on Antonio Conte. Another huge example of "omertà". Those words were in the cards of the trial. "I don't now whether Conte knew, before, that there had been an agreement in the previous game between Siena and Albinoleffe. All I can say is that when there was a debate about it he let us decide in the way each one prefered. In substance, he chose not to be part of it. Conte reiterated that he wanted Siena to finish first, but also that, if the team considered themselves committed to an agreement with AlbinoLeffe he would have let us do it"

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New troubles for Stefano Mauri and a few more players and former players as Ilievski's testimony clearly implicated them. According to gazzetta before Lazio-Genoa, at Formello, Ilievski met Mauri who told him: "I make you a present: the game is already fixed, the score will be 1-1 at halftime". According to Ilievski Mauri received 50,000 for that game and another 70,000 euros for Lecce-Lazio (an amount of players of Lecce received 330,000 euros).

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Interesting. There has only been one game in recent years where Lazio Genoa was 1-1 at HT which was 14th May 2011, and Lazio went on to win 4-2 so I guess that is the one Ilievski is referring to (Mauri played in that game). I may be wrong but believe it was second last game of season and Lazio needed to win to have a chance of CL playoff place, but Udinese also won so they took it. Lazio then went and beat Lecce 4-2 away on final game of season so that would be that game you refer to

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, old stuff. Games which were already under investigations and for which Mauri was arrested then simply found guilty of omitting a denuciation, but the testimony of Ilievski makes Mauri's position much worse and the trial will very likely be reopened as a consequence of the new material.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Wasnt this Ilievski sayin in his testimony that he helped Mourinho win the league?!

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
thought i saw it on tuttosport paper or sumin!
Think I mis-read it, think it said ''Ilievski, this is how I fixed games'' then after it said ''Mourinho for 16mill EUR'' (meant Mourinho's new contract is 16mill''!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts